Damien

Fire Mage 6.2

50 posts in this topic

For the section

3.4. Opening Sequence

instead of 

I suggest Spam wow_icon_spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Pyroblast until wow_icon_ability_mage_hotstreak.jpg Heating Up procs. 

and then do 

1.1. Heating Up Trick

Keep casting wow_icon_spell_fire_flamebolt.jpg Fireball until you get another Heating Up. When this happens, cast wow_icon_spell_fire_flamebolt.jpg Fireball again immediately followed by your instant-cast Pyroblast. Fireball and Pyroblast will land on the target at the same time and if any of them is a critical strike, then your current Heating Up will be upgraded and will give you another instant-cast Pyroblast. 

I found i did a lot more dps this way on my fire mage than by spamming fireball to get heating up procs. But Of course as suggested, after you get another instant-cast Pyroblast then cast it and cast wow_icon_spell_fire_sealoffire.jpg Combustion. If you do not, you can cast wow_icon_spell_fire_sealoffire.jpg Combustion anyway or use wow_icon_spell_mage_infernoblast.jpg Inferno Blast (if off cooldown) to set up another instant-cast Pyroblast before casting Combustion. As instructed under

3.3.1. Tips for Combustion

Why does it rate mastery slightly above haste in our stat priority then tell us to gem crit/haste versus crit/mastery?

For the section

3.4. Opening Sequence

instead of 

I suggest Spam wow_icon_spell_fire_fireball02.jpg Pyroblast until wow_icon_ability_mage_hotstreak.jpg Heating Up procs. 

and then do 

1.1. Heating Up Trick

Keep casting wow_icon_spell_fire_flamebolt.jpg Fireball until you get another Heating Up. When this happens, cast wow_icon_spell_fire_flamebolt.jpg Fireball again immediately followed by your instant-cast Pyroblast. Fireball and Pyroblast will land on the target at the same time and if any of them is a critical strike, then your current Heating Up will be upgraded and will give you another instant-cast Pyroblast. 

I found i did a lot more dps this way on my fire mage than by spamming fireball to get heating up procs. But Of course as suggested, after you get another instant-cast Pyroblast then cast it and cast wow_icon_spell_fire_sealoffire.jpg Combustion. If you do not, you can cast wow_icon_spell_fire_sealoffire.jpg Combustion anyway or use wow_icon_spell_mage_infernoblast.jpg Inferno Blast (if off cooldown) to set up another instant-cast Pyroblast before casting Combustion. As instructed under

3.3.1. Tips for Combustion

Spamming pyroblast is a dps loss. Not only do you hardcast a spell with a far lower DPET, you also reduce the amounts of heating ups you get over a period of time.

1 person likes this

Why does it rate mastery slightly above haste in our stat priority then tell us to gem crit/haste versus crit/mastery?

Because the other alternatives in a red sockets are Haste/Mastery and Intellect/Mastery, neither of which is better than Haste /Crit.

Have you tried spamming scorch to get pyro procs? I ve been wondering how that may work out. After a certain % crit, wouldnt it be better to just spam scorch to get pyro procs for higher dps? I havent done any of the math so I would like some insight on this.

I don't think alter time is better than ice barrier.. the cooldown is one thing, but the time it stays up is much more important.

i think one gets more damage when using alter time than ice barrier...

next is: instable magic.. only applies on fireball and frostfireball (in fire spec) ... on heavy movement you also get more out of living bomb, because you cast mainly scorch till you can sty.. instable magic applies on a 30% proc, wich means 1 out of 3 fireballs may will explode, so i think LB is more reliable.

it may be better if instable magic also applies to scorch and pyroblast... because, i don't have soo many fireballs when I'm in my dps rota.. there is more like pyro pyro infernoblast pyro .. and than a fireball

Because the other alternatives in a red sockets are Haste/Mastery and Intellect/Mastery, neither of which is better than Haste /Crit.

Hang on Intellect/Crit is available and those are the top 2 Stats on the list.  

Have you tried spamming scorch to get pyro procs? I ve been wondering how that may work out. After a certain % crit, wouldnt it be better to just spam scorch to get pyro procs for higher dps? I havent done any of the math so I would like some insight on this.

Not worth it.

Hang on Intellect/Crit is available and those are the top 2 Stats on the list.

10 Haste / 10 Crit is better than 5 Intellect / 10 Crit. Intellect is only better than Haste point for point. It's not twice as good.

Was a possible playstyle back in 5.4.8. With the nerfs to scortch damage it's not worth it.

New here, so *waves*

A lot of time I find myself opening with the following:

1. Living Bomb

2. Inferno Blast (to spread the Bomb love around and crit)

3. Combustion

4. Inferno Blast (since the Combustion reset its cooldown, hits the second crit and procs...)

5. Pyroblast

;)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't do that.
You need a high ignite to combust. Otherwise you lose so much damage.

1 person likes this

New here, so *waves*

A lot of time I find myself opening with the following:

1. Living Bomb

2. Inferno Blast (to spread the Bomb love around and crit)

3. Combustion

4. Inferno Blast (since the Combustion reset its cooldown, hits the second crit and procs...)

5. Pyroblast

wink.png

No. No. Just no. :D

1 person likes this

Two guesstions:

• Single target rotation: when moving, using Ice Floes and Fireball is preferable to using Scorch?
  • Multitarget rotation: with Improved FlamestrikeFlamestrike has no cooldown, so casting it "on cooldown" is wrong. Perhaps casting it when its effect wears off (8 sec)?

Agreed with both except it's a 4 second dot iirc.

Two guesstions:

• Single target rotation: when moving, using Ice Floes and Fireball is preferable to using Scorch?
  • Multitarget rotation: with Improved FlamestrikeFlamestrike has no cooldown, so casting it "on cooldown" is wrong. Perhaps casting it when its effect wears off (8 sec)?

You recast it when ignite runs out. (4-6 seconds)

Edited by Dutchmagoz
1 person likes this

Is still glyph of Combustion required in WoD for fire? because Meteor applies ignite on the target and it is on a 45 sec cd so without the glyph they have the same CD, so would it not be easier to go without the glyph?

Is still glyph of Combustion required in WoD for fire? because Meteor applies ignite on the target and it is on a 45 sec cd so without the glyph they have the same CD, so would it not be easier to go without the glyph?

Even if you glyph Combustion, you will still be able to have Meteor up for every application of Combustion, so it does not really matter. What matters though is that, with the glyph, you get to have an increased duration on Combustion when you benefit from Bloodlust/Heroism.

in before all the questions: Yes fire is actually viable now, no not as good on frost on ST yet with current gear, does scale better in later gear.

How do you open when using meteor and heating up trick?

Prepare the trick, if you have Pyroblast! and heating up ready, cast one Pyro, then meteor, then (hopefully)  next Pyro? 

PS: thanks a lot for your good work with the guides an the forums!

On a single target boss fight while needing to move a lot is it better to take. Mirror Images meteor and blast wave. I have trouble using crystal seems like it does to quickly and kindling is well yea. rune of power I really can't see using in a lot of fights due to high movement so would mirror images or incanters ward be better?

So what would be best to take mirror images or incanters ward? Sould I use meteor before or after I combust or does it not matter?

What's the reasoning behind waiting to cast inferno blast until after you get a heating up proc? Is it just to simplify the rotation? It seems like you'd want to use it on cooldown if it has a higher DPET than fireball.