FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 6.2

Maybe more around 33.33% to 34%, though thatll be different at 90 since we wont have that many stats to reach it easily

Guest Leon

AoE rotation is final verdict -> storm -> final verdict -> storm 

since 

6HP give you 2x Holystormdmg

6HP also give you 1 Verdict + a double dmg holystorm. so more 

Guest Darksteps

hey, i noticed something in the rotation guide that didnt make any sense to me.

Here is what it says for multiple target rotation: 

But since Final Verdict makes the Divine Storm cast after that 100% more powerful, wouldn't it make more sense to Final Verdict - Divine Storm - Final Verdict - Divine Storm (with ofcourse the holy power generators in between)? Because that way you don't lose any Divine Storm damage, but you gain Final Verdict damage.

That's correct and thank you both for pointing it out, we'll get it fixed asap.

Currently, it's because of the CD, but come t17 set it ups in priority especially with HoW buff

If it is more powerful, why not use it as soon as possible and use Judgement and Crusader Strike while waiting for Exorcism to come off cooldown ? Plus, there is a chance to be resetted, so better let it on cooldown to get a free one.

because by the time you use your other 2 HP generators you'll be sitting on nothing since it has such a high CD

Guest Clast

I agree with katosix. I put Exo higher in my priority than Crusader Strike and Judgment because of the reasons he stated. With in-game testing it is VERY rare that I have nothing available to use. The chance of getting an Exo cooldown resetting proc while using the other abilities makes up for the longer Exo cooldown.

Guest Reserve

I really think Mastery is the way to go. Atleast before the raid content is released. The reasoning behind that is that you have absolutley no chance of even reaching close to hastecap and the mastery will give you more DPS without you needing any spesific ammount. Atleast I have had more sucsess going with mastery.

Guest Ret_Pally009

I really think Mastery is the way to go. Atleast before the raid content is released. The reasoning behind that is that you have absolutley no chance of even reaching close to hastecap and the mastery will give you more DPS without you needing any spesific ammount. Atleast I have had more sucsess going with mastery.

I agree with this, but I'm aiming for haste+mastery on gear and when only one is available I usually choose the haste.  Boss burst is typically 25-37k currently.

Here's Solsacra's reasoning behind the Exo priority

judgement benefits at a rate of 48%SP & 58%AP+30%(SoL)

exo at 140% SP.

exo may hit harder, slightly, but prioritizing it results in a significant rotation clash.

Guest Clast

The only rotation clash I notice with Exo > CS and J is at the very beginning of a fight when I start with 0 HP, and that's if I'm not lucky enough to get a Exo-cooldown-reset proc. After that, with getting up to 5 HP and all the DP and Empowered Divine Storm procs, like I mentioned earlier, it's VERY rare that I have no ability available to use.

I've done a rather comprehensive update of the rotation page. Hopefully that fixes everything.

When it comes to stats priority, for straight up dps, the current priority makes sense to me. But if we're talking the hybrid paladins that like to support when it's necessary, Wouldn't the priority shift from Mast>multi>Haste>crit>vers to Mast>Multi>Crit>Vers>haste? Reason being that your crit heals are insane and those heals are only buffed by crit and versatility while haste does nothing to provide for those heals. If haste didn't give as little as .01% per point of haste, I might agree that the difference in dps would be significant enough to argue keeping haste on top.

Just a thought for an alternative build =P

Also, can multistrike proc off of our mastery? If anyone knows lol I'd be interested to hear.

Also, can multistrike proc off of our mastery? If anyone knows lol I'd be interested to hear.

Hand of Light does not multistrike but your abilities multistrikes benefit from mastery (just mentioning) and their dmg is included to your Hand of Light dmg in your Recount/Skada whatever you are using.

Also the guide focuses on maxing dps generally :D

Hey,

First of all, you guys did an awesome job with those tutorials or "theorycrafting" posts, whatever.

Well, raids aren't so far away from the release for now but... i was wondering on what should i buy as trinket? I mean, there are a lot of trinkets with 665 as ilvl but i dont know what i should take for a RetPal.

So yes, the choice is placed between Multistrike/Critical or Versatility as a second bonus.

We can equip a STR/Mastery with real statistics for the first one, i'm only talking about the second one here. So, can i receive your help, that would be really appreciated? :)

Also the guide focuses on maxing dps generally biggrin.png

There's an old saying somewhere about rets and why they're there... but I can't remember the exact wording... lol.

What are ret numbers looking like right now, at least in dungeons? I don't trust noxxic's numbers. The last time I checked they were way too inflated.

Right now the proper Stat prio should be Mastery > Crit = Multi > Haste > Vers

As for trinkets, currently the 665 Scabbard is our 2nd bis up to and including 690 trinkets because of the length and potency of the proc. 

During Sanctified Wrath , It should looks like something like that :

Possibly in AoE situations using Mass Exo, but it's been stated multiple times that Exo's priority will remain below every other skill.

As for trinkets, currently the 665 Scabbard is our 2nd bis up to and including 690 trinkets because of the length and potency of the proc. 

Well, that would be my first pick then biggrin.png

The only thing that is also powerful and gives an inconvenient at the same time is the CD... I mean, we have 2 CD's with 2 minutes of cooldown and another one with 1 minute, i'm considering it like a CD because it needs to be cast at the beginning of the fights and now, there will be another one with 1 minute and a half :/

Edited by Xeraya

the only CD you need to line it up with is your burst, which means only use it with Wings, anything else and you could lose out on more dps than necessary.