FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Enhancement Shaman 6.2

Guest DrakeWurrum

Haste is going to be worth significantly more than Multistrike, simply because you get more bang for your buck per point.

It has the most generous conversion per 1% dps (100/1.05 = ~95.24 rating rather than 110) and it applies to nearly 100% of our damage sources (everything except searing/magma totems plus the fire elemental's fire blast). Moreover, in T17 specifically our proposed 2p set bonus gives feral spirits quadratic haste scaling (haste = both +uptime and +dps, similar to pre-nerf T15 RPPM trinkets in a way).

The next tier down is mastery and multistrike. Multistrike is the neutral baseline - we have no positive or negative interactions with the stat, and its rating to stat conversion is balanced with the others. We don't have a huge chunk of base multistrike that serves to devalue the stat relative to others. Mastery likely has a slightly better rating to 1% dps conversion, since 110 mastery rating grants 2% fire/frost/nature damage, and pre-mastery fire/frost/nature damage is probably higher than 50% of our total right now; however, we also have a decent chunk of base mastery (8 mastery, or the equivalent of 880 mastery rating) just like everyone else, which serves to slightly devalue mastery relative to other stats. It's still probably slightly stronger than multistrike overall, though.

The final tier is crit and versatility. Versatility is easy to explain - it simply has a worse rating to 1% dps conversion than any other stat (130 rating per 1%). Crit has the same rating to 1% dps conversion as multistrike (110 rating = 1% crit = 1.6667% multistrike = 1% dps over 0%), but the problem with crit is we already have a boatload of baseline crit chance: 5% as everyone does, +10% for being an agility spec, and then another 25% on our nature spells (i.e. lightning bolt, which is a very large portion of our overall damage now) due to the stormstrike debuff. This devalues crit relative to other stats somewhat significantly. It's probably still stronger than versatility in a "I'll probably need more crit rating than versatility rating for the two stats to reach DPS equilibrium" sense, though versatility also offers -0.5% damage taken, which might be worth the tradeoff given the minimal DPS delta between the two stats.

Things might change in the next few months as people settle into the changes to the game, but I don't foresee anything beating Haste for a long time.

I'm not going to argue with you, because at Level 100, it's exactly as you say. The thing is that the guide is written for Level 90 and the lack of Multistrike and Versatility on Level 90 items causes these stats to have inflated values, and for some reason SimC is giving Crit > Haste, but Purge didn't say anything about it being wrong. 

Guest darkpwny

I dont understand the gem priority in the guide - why haste over agility?

I dont understand the gem priority in the guide - why haste over agility?

1 Agility is worth about 1.5 Haste, so Agility is a better stat than Haste, point for point. But Agility gems only give you +10 Agility, while Haste gems give you +20 Haste, and 20 Haste > 10 Agility.

Guest Rikaste

Sorry I am probably a little slow here - Is it a new thing that Lava Lash doesn't spread a buffed flame shock? Or has that always been the case??

Guest Tazy

What are the thoughts on Call of the Elements combined with glyph of fire elemental?

Originally Fire Elemental Totem has a cooldown of 5 minutes. When glyphed its cooldown is reduced by 50% which should take it down to 2.5 minutes.  (its not working in game at the moment still gives 3 minute cooldown.) But lets say this worked right and glyphed takes it to 2.5 minute cooldown, then call of elements should reset that cooldown giving you much more frequent uptime of fire elemental. Combined with Primal Elementalist of course.

Sorry I am probably a little slow here - Is it a new thing that Lava Lash doesn't spread a buffed flame shock? Or has that always been the case??

Yes, it's new. It was introduced during the WoD beta: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087818929?page=19#377

What are the thoughts on Call of the Elements combined with glyph of fire elemental?

Originally Fire Elemental Totem has a cooldown of 5 minutes. When glyphed its cooldown is reduced by 50% which should take it down to 2.5 minutes.  (its not working in game at the moment still gives 3 minute cooldown.) But lets say this worked right and glyphed takes it to 2.5 minute cooldown, then call of elements should reset that cooldown giving you much more frequent uptime of fire elemental. Combined with Primal Elementalist of course.

Well, Call of the Elements would be awesome in this case, so awesome, in fact, that Blizzard will never let that happen smile.png

Guest Ram

Anyone tested Mongoose enchant in weapons?

They hotfixed the older enchants being stronger than MoP enchants.  They did not however change the wording in the actual enchant.  So short story, don't do it.

Guest UdntknwJck

I think the Ask Mr. Robot suggestion right now may be confusing to some and it's stat priorities for gemming are very unlike the ones found in this guide. Could we get similar numeric values to enter in order to achieve the results from those who have tested the stat priorities here to place into Ask Mr. Robot's robot brain?

Guest Icalis

Yeah Ask Mr Robot gives you a totally different stat priority. I used that first and then checked here only to find out that Mr. Robot had me gem entirely wrong.

Guest Tazr

I have to agree with the request for help with AskMrRobot.  Right now, I come here and it says one thing, and then I go to AMR, and it says another - it's leaving me hopelessly confused - especially since you TELL us to use AMR. lol  

Perhaps you guys should talk?

Things are always a bit blurry during a transition period like this, but I'd take Purge's words over anyone else's any day.

Guest Xaldyn

I just wanna ask something about Lightning Shield.  I don't see static shock anymore and theres nothing in the tooltip to say it does its damage during a stormstrike or something.  Is its damage entirely a defensive thing now; i.e. will only trigger when attacked, and isnt used for pve dps?

I just wanna ask something about Lightning Shield.  I don't see static shock anymore and theres nothing in the tooltip to say it does its damage during a stormstrike or something.  Is its damage entirely a defensive thing now; i.e. will only trigger when attacked, and isnt used for pve dps?

It can still proc from things like a boss having a damaging aura, so it will be useful for PvE DPS.

Guest teeaaah

I have a basic macro question. I copy/pasted

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt

/cast Ancestral Swiftness

/cast Lightning Bolt

to use as a macro, but it seems like it is using all of my Maelstrom Weapon stacks as well as Ancestral Swiftness. Am I doing something wrong?

Guest Cronax

This would be awesome, but to keep things sane, Blizzard has opted to only consider the base cooldown of a spell when deciding whether or not Call of the Elements will work to reset it.

Guest Archernick

Question - if you have the Tier 17 bonus, would Echo of the Elements win out in that talent tier due to the increased ability to spam Stormstrike, and therefore further reduce the CD on Feral Spirits?

Thoughts?

Question - if you have the Tier 17 bonus, would Echo of the Elements win out in that talent tier due to the increased ability to spam Stormstrike, and therefore further reduce the CD on Feral Spirits?

Thoughts?

I'll ask the expert smile.png

And a plus,

some theorycrafting on ancestral swiftness vs echo of elements now that blizzard added a 20% dmg on both stormstrike and lava lash would be good to have.

Guest Charlie

Are you sure this is updated? Its still has references to SOO and SOO gear.

Sign in to follow this