FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Affliction Warlock 6.2

Since the minor glyph guide for all 3 specs mentions glyphs useful for questing/leveling, I think Glyph of Health Funnel could use a mention. It reduces how much you can heal your demon overall, but removes the self-damage completely and is instant-cast instead of channeled. 15% demon health for nothing but the cost of a gcd, on a 10 second cooldown. That's usually enough to keep a Voidwalker up when solo questing, without reducing your damage too much. I even use that glyph in random dungeons, since healers rarely bother to heal pets, and random tanks aren't always great at keeping aggro off my Doomguard.

Edited by Arrkhal

Since the minor glyph guide for all 3 specs mentions glyphs useful for questing/leveling, I think Glyph of Health Funnel could use a mention. It reduces how much you can heal your demon overall, but removes the self-damage completely and is instant-cast instead of channeled. 15% demon health for nothing but the cost of a gcd, on a 10 second cooldown. That's usually enough to keep a Voidwalker up when solo questing, without reducing your damage too much. I even use that glyph in random dungeons, since healers rarely bother to heal pets, and random tanks aren't always great at keeping aggro off my Doomguard.

I added it to the guide smile.png

Guest ripdemo

Mastery out ways haste in the highest tier of gear now, this is because you no longer need more haste than gear provides to have enough soul shards, and mastery scales better for raw damage thus I think you should consider updating

Guest Jaeden

Hi, guys. Thanks for the guides, I mostly test all builds myself, but still a lot of useful information.

I've got a few questions about affliction, I'm a bit new to it.

About the GoSac: warlock_grimoireofsacrifice.jpgGrimoire of Sacrifice

tooltip says that it modifies dmg of Haunt, Drain Soul and Drain Life, tho on the wowhead Effect#4 also says, that it modifies all the DoTs, where's the truth? Does it empower all the dots as well? Or only those 40%-ticks, that are generated by drain soul? Or only the pure spells, mentioned in the tooltip?

I was checking my dmg-meters and Doomguard gives me passive 15-20% dmg, while Haunt+DS 15% maximum, so upgading this 15% with 25% buff from GoSac seems rather useless (I'll get only around 4% overall dmg increase, but losing 20% by pure Doomguard). 

So my question is: how the GoSac affects dots in reality? Would be grateful for some accurate numbers or any other information, if possible.

Guest Jaeden

Hi, guys. Thanks for the guides, I mostly test all builds myself, but still a lot of useful information.

tooltip says that it modifies dmg of Haunt, Drain Soul and Drain Life, tho on the wowhead Effect#4 also says, that it modifies all the DoTs, where's the truth? Does it empower all the dots as well? Or only those 40%-ticks, that are generated by drain soul? Or only the pure spells, mentioned in the tooltip?

I was checking my dmg-meters and Doomguard gives me passive 15-20% dmg, while Haunt+DS 15% maximum, so upgading this 15% with 25% buff from GoSac seems rather useless (I'll get only around 4% overall dmg increase, but losing 20% by pure Doomguard). 

So my question is: how the GoSac affects dots in reality? Would be grateful for some accurate numbers or any other information, if possible.

If somebody is interested, I made calculations myself, the result is: the tooltip is correct, the effect shown on wowhead means, I guess, that the dmg of dots with GoSac being active is increased via DS (40% becomes 50%). So: drain soul basic dmg, drain soul dot ticks and haunt dmg are empowered with +25%, nothing else (I don't count drain life as it is rarely used in raids).

To summ up:

I'd say Demonic Servitude + Grimoire of Service is much easier to play and provides a good burst every 2 minutes. I'd recommend this spec for all who start playing affliction.

For short fights (less than 4-5 minutes) without much movement or with 4 pieces of T18 Grimoire of Sacrifice + Soulburn: Haunt will surely provide a good increase of dps over previous spec. For long fights one-time doomguard summon (for 1 min) will be a too small bonus and w/o 4 pieces u may not be able to have much uptime of haunt. Still on several tests with 2 set pieces I managed to maintain with SB: Haunt a little more dps, than with servitude.

If somebody is interested, I made calculations myself, the result is: the tooltip is correct, the effect shown on wowhead means, I guess, that the dmg of dots with GoSac being active is increased via DS (40% becomes 50%). So: drain soul basic dmg, drain soul dot ticks and haunt dmg are empowered with +25%, nothing else (I don't count drain life as it is rarely used in raids).

To summ up:

I'd say Demonic Servitude + Grimoire of Service is much easier to play and provides a good burst every 2 minutes. I'd recommend this spec for all who start playing affliction.

For short fights (less than 4-5 minutes) without much movement or with 4 pieces of T18 Grimoire of Sacrifice + Soulburn: Haunt will surely provide a good increase of dps over previous spec. For long fights one-time doomguard summon (for 1 min) will be a too small bonus and w/o 4 pieces u may not be able to have much uptime of haunt. Still on several tests with 2 set pieces I managed to maintain with SB: Haunt a little more dps, than with servitude.

This type of discussion is mostly covered in the class forums.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/forum/27-warlock/

I have a (probably stupid) question about the single target rotation.

English isn't my first language, so I'm having a hard time understanding some parts of this guide. My fault, not yours :-)

Why do I need to have (under some conditions) a trinket proc or Dark Soul: Misery up, before casting Haunt ?

Sign in to follow this