FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Destruction Warlock 6.2

Guest madcowcancer

how is glyph of demonic training not in this guide??? for those of us who dont want to sacrifice our demons.

Guest Nosa

Hey, why are you putting crit gems on the guide while your TC warlocks (who writed this guide) put mastery gems everywhere ? 

Guest Vocomortis

I'd actually like to know why I see them gemming so much Haste + Mastery and not crit when crit is supposed to be above haste? Is it to reduce cast time on Incinerate?

Hey, why are you putting crit gems on the guide while your TC warlocks (who writed this guide) put mastery gems everywhere ? 

I'd actually like to know why I see them gemming so much Haste + Mastery and not crit when crit is supposed to be above haste? Is it to reduce cast time on Incinerate?

Crit and Mastery are very close in value. The difference between gemming for crit, or for mastery, won't impact your dps greatly. I'm using mastery gems because I had them before the patch, and I didn't see a point in paying 1.5k to switch all of my gems on the gear I'll be replacing in two weeks :).

I'd recommend keeping crit and mastery relatively close to each other, but if you're a beginner player, crit is much more forgiving if you make mistakes.

Guest Bharzaros

Hey all, this is a general guide comment but I have not found such a forum here so I will put it here in my main character's thread.

I wish for the guide (and the guides in general) to include an as close to optimal opener for fights as possible. I am quite sad to see this lagging in guides that are so great in the other areas. The opener of a fight really does matter and it would be awesome if you experienced people would include what you surgest. It would fit great under the Rotation section of the guide. As destro I use my 5.4:

Precast Incin then immolate > prepot+on use trink+DS:ins >conf x2 > incin x4 > 2x CB

This might be wrong and most likely is but pls, spend a few sec to help people as me improve our dps, by writing your surgestions in the guide.

Great work though!

A great fan of your site

Bharzaros

Guest Narcissus

Hey there, just have an inquiry about what I read on another website (noxxic) concerning statistics priority for destruction warlocks. I read that the priorities are now as follows:
Intellect > Haste = Multistrike > Crit > Versatility = Mastery

Is this truly the case? Has mastery fallen this low, with intellect once again becoming the top followed by haste=multistrike?

Thanks in advance =)

Guest Sandastan

Hey guys, my imp r doing about 1500-2000 dps with grimoire of supremacy and demon trainning glyph, i think u must think about this combination in destrolock

Guest Xebenatros

When is this page going to be updated along with Affliction and Demonology? It seems that the warlocks and I think, Mages haven't been updated to count their new talents or setups.

Guest Guest

Most warlocks doing challenge modes are:
Sacrifice, Cataclysm, Archimonde and no DS glyph.

Guest DiegoBrando-Kazzak

Wow there are a lot of weird (read as "bad") things in the guide:

• Int>Crit>Mastery... Then proceeds to gem mastery with 0 explanation
  • The rotation is bad if you use cataclysm. It applies immolate yet the guide says to use it AFTER immolate >_>
  • No starting rotation
  • Not a single word about Archimode's Darkness

I could go on but fix these at least >_>

• The rotation is bad if you use cataclysm. It applies immolate yet the guide says to use it AFTER immolate >_>
  • No starting rotation

Please go on. I fixed the Mastery issue, it was just a typo. I agree that the Immolate oversight was a pretty bad one. For the other two points, we don't give a starting rotation, unless it requires you to do things drastically different or you can reliably do the same thing every pull and we don't talk about Archimonde's Darkness, because we don't advise to take it.

• No starting rotation

The guide doesn't go in to detail about how to use archimonde's darkness because it's currently a dps loss over mannoroth's fury in all situations.

We can't specific a 'starting rotation' because of the nature of burning embers. The amount you generate on pull is RNG. Sometimes you might get off 3 chaos bolts, sometimes only 1.

Edited by gahhda

Guest Ish

Do why are you accounting pvp gear when i dont see a mention of even heroic gear?

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the dps guide.

1) are we to continue re-applying RoF? thats a toughy, but seems like it would be fun!

2) when we hit 3.5 embers, do we spam Chaos bolt until we drain to 1 burning ember? or do you just use 1 and resume rotation?

Thanks!

Do why are you accounting pvp gear when i dont see a mention of even heroic gear?

An update is coming soon for these. The Blizzard Item API is broken and has none of the WoD items, so I had to change all my scripts to go get and item information from WowDB. Obviously, repopulating my entire database of items from this new source has been taking some time.

Hey guys, I have a few questions about the dps guide.

1) are we to continue re-applying RoF? thats a toughy, but seems like it would be fun!

2) when we hit 3.5 embers, do we spam Chaos bolt until we drain to 1 burning ember? or do you just use 1 and resume rotation?

Thanks!

You keep applying RoF whenever it expires.

Unless it says otherwise, you are only supposed to cast Chaos Bolt once. This is made explicit by the statement that says that you need to stay close to full Embers, so that you can burn them during Dark Soul.

• Like 1

Guest d2m

Without running the numbers, what kind of sense does having 2 double damage Rain of Fires a minute represent a DPS increase over what probably ends up being 40 extra seconds of 30% crit?  In any other situation than dungeon trash this makes no sense.  I can see the argument where you have 3 or more targets, but against 1-2 target fights, it seems like it HAS to be a DPS loss.

Guest lockcaster

hey i was just wondering if u had the numbers for the stat prio so i can put it into ask mr robot the link isent doing it for me thanks. also everywhere i look ppl are saying a diff stat priority is there a reason behind this one?

Guest lockcaster

hey i was just wondering if u had the numbers for the stat priority to plug into ask mr robot the linkl isent working for me thanks 

Guest Guest

From the patch notes today in hotfix:

Does this change anything in stat priority? Also wondering when RoF will be useful to cast as casting for 1 target sounds like a waste now.

Guest FC

I'm assuming that with the latest changes to Destro, the hugely nerfed RoF is no longer part of the single target rotation?  

Sign in to follow this