FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Destruction Warlock 6.2

Guest Guest

The guide says "use wow_icon_ability_warlock_baneofhavoc.jpgHavoc on wow_icon_ability_warlock_chaosbolt.jpgChaos Bolt (if no target is below 20% health) or wow_icon_spell_shadow_scourgebuild.jpgShadowburn (if there is a target below 20% health);".

I guess both, the target of havoc and the target of shadowburn, must be below 20% health. Or does it alsow work if target of havoc is above

When target A is below 20%, cast Havoc on target B then switch back to target A and Shadowburn

The guide says: Cast wow_icon_ability_warlock_chaosbolt.jpgChaos Bolt if you have a proc that is not +Haste.

Does that mean, I should continue my normal rotation with only haste buffs like bloodlust?

Edited by wl42

On the stats page the guide says:

For fights with multiple targets, you get a high amount of Burning Embers throughwow_icon_spell_shadow_rainoffire.jpgRain of Fire,

Is this still true for rain of fire? I thought the ember generation is gone, or does it still generates embers throu crit?

Edited by wl42

Rain of Fire no longer generates Burning Embers. I fixed that about 3 weeks ago, but let me assure you that this was just the case of a mention that I simply forgot to update. It was not influencing anything in the guide.

And Havoc+Shadowburn works.

The guide says: Cast wow_icon_ability_warlock_chaosbolt.jpgChaos Bolt if you have a proc that is not +Haste.

Does that mean, I should continue my normal rotation with only haste buffs like bloodlust?

Yes.

Guest karabeep

this stat priority is weird as all hell too seems int > mastery > multistrike is the way to go for destro

this stat priority is weird as all hell too seems int > mastery > multistrike is the way to go for destro

"Seems like" is not really a valid argument :)

Guest Brutilius

hey, even though i see u guys write that snapshoting dots are gone, it is not completly true. snapshoting is gone as far as secondary stats go, but intelect proc will stay on dot and the dot wont lose its dmg. haste/mast... will change as u get em but not int, feel free to test it as i have.

Umm...

I'm going through and building a BiS list as we're getting close to finishing heroic.

I've already got a good idea of what I'm looking for, but I noticed some weird choices I'm curious about.

Why are so many ____/versa pieces rated so highly? I mean, there are some slots where versa>haste pieces are rated over mastery>crit/crit>mastery with only around a 20-30 intellect difference. WAT?! I was under the assumption, (and simcraft told me so... so...yeah) that mastery is generally going to be my best stat as you should be playing a Warlock, and not just a Destruction Warlock. Is getting that CB cast time down with 100 and change haste/t18 2pc so much better than 300+ mastery+crit/multi on a piece? I'm drawing a blank. The kind of blank that only Chipped Soul Prism can draw.

On that note, I really don't want to go through the log in, log out hell that is SimCrafting 5 different trinkets for two specs. Can I trust these BiS choices?

hey, even though i see u guys write that snapshoting dots are gone, it is not completly true. snapshoting is gone as far as secondary stats go, but intelect proc will stay on dot and the dot wont lose its dmg. haste/mast... will change as u get em but not int, feel free to test it as i have.

I haven't tested DoT damage, but Destruction is one of the few specs that stil has to deal with "snapshotting" even though true snapshotting has been removed (thanks MoP Affliction). You actually have to watch procs and pool embers accordingly with this spec.

When target A is below 20%, cast Havoc on target B then switch back to target A and Shadowburn

I had a mind-blow the other day with this. The last I remembered, Shadowburn would consume all three charges of Havoc. I've only been 'locking for about a year and a half, so maybe I was just that stupid. You can get a lot of burst damage done by targeting the highest HP mob with Havoc, and spamming SB on the lower HP targets around it.

I love when Iskar walks back in after adds with one or two still up and close or at 20%. Xhul is another fight that benefits really well from this: Voidlings low? target that miniboss with Havoc and go to town.

Guest Joker222

The health funnel glyph is no longer available for destro

Guest Brad Maxwell

Glyph of Health Funnel? You can't even use that spell as a destruction lock.

Guest Deavick

I have a question about the trinket usage, The class trinket seems to be the obvious choice in terms of single target, but we'll generally be playing aff for ST. For sustained cleave, say Hellfire council, gurt and jubi (i know this is an aff fight but this is just an example), how should we be applying the flamelicked debuff to both targets? Individually applying it seems to lead to it falling off due to the fly time of incinerate and i want to save havoc for chaos bolts. 

Excuse for what might be a stupid question but I took a break right after WoW'S 10th anniversary and only been back since the  end of October. I'm kinda lost and I really only have time for heroics and LFR and I want to be doing best dps I should be at 100. this is not a help me with my dps post more like I've been gone so long for most of the expansion that I don't know what I'm doing. I just want advice to play my lock the best to my abilities. I kinda want to try Affliction but it's been a long time since I've had that as my main spec so my dps isn't that great. 

Guest Morgoone - Staghelm

I'm brand new to warlock, but I see a problem with this guide related to Dark Soul and Chaos Bolts. The rotation section of the guide suggested stacking embers before using Dark Soul so as cast as many Chaos Bolts as possible with increased chance to crit; however, there is no need to buff a Chaos Bolt with Dark Soul since it always crits. In other words, Dark Soul does has no effect on Chaos Bolts whatsoever. I'm using Dark Soul to make my Immolate tics crit among other things. Havoc on an enemy other than your main target followed by Immolate with Fire and Brimstone can spread your dot within two different areas of a group. Since Fire and Brimstone has a 10 yard radius of effect, your main target and your havoc target should be at least 20 yards apart to ensure the areas don't overlap. An enemy in the intersection can't be "double-dotted" with your own Immolate (I think). Glyphing for Havoc could give you 4 charges which could be used the same way to follow Immolate with Conflagrate and Incinerate (both using Fire and Brimstone since the mass of targets being hit should keep your embers maxed). Under dark soul, all three spells and the resulting tics would have increased crit chance. When Havoc charges are depleted, your ember production would then be about half of what it was depending on the groups your splitting damage into. Where could you test this out? ... Ashran. How long could you sustain that type of spamming? ... until you get Death-gripped. Whether I'm right or wrong about Chaos Bolts under Dark Soul, thanks to Icy Veins for the great content and the forum to discuss it in.

Guest Saruman

I'm brand new to warlock, but I see a problem with this guide related to Dark Soul and Chaos Bolts. The rotation section of the guide suggested stacking embers before using Dark Soul so as cast as many Chaos Bolts as possible with increased chance to crit; however, there is no need to buff a Chaos Bolt with Dark Soul since it always crits. In other words, Dark Soul does has no effect on Chaos Bolts whatsoever. 

Um Yes it does. Crit does not make the Chaos Bolt have more chance to crit as it always crit you are correct in this statement but you failed to understand the mechanic that any crit you have at the time of casting a Chaos Bolt will increase the amount of damage it will do. This is the description of Chaos Bolt from in game "Unleashes a blast of chaos, causing x Shadow damage. Chaos Bolt always critically strikes and your critical strike chance increases its damage." I put in bold and underlined the key part.

Sign in to follow this