FORUMS
Damien

Marksmanship Hunter 6.2

Noticed an issue: the guide says that the default choice for the tier 7 talent should be Lone Wolf but then says Glyph of Animal Bond is "practically mandatory".

That's a good catch! Thank you.

Guest Guest

Noticed an issue: the guide says that the default choice for the tier 7 talent should be Lone Wolf but then says Glyph of Animal Bond is "practically mandatory".

I was just about to point that out as well. Great guide! Thank you!

So it says that the two main choices for the lvl 100 MM talents are Lone Wolf, or Focusing Shot. As someone who personally love Exotic Muntions, what can be done to make it more viable? Would removing the cast time help, or are the numbers just too low?

Exotic munitions simply just doesn't have the damage it needs to be competitive unfortunately. This is a SimC comparison for all of our level 100 talents, and if you add in even a little bit of movement, the gap between the three grows even more.

FfXz1mf.png

I'm not sure if Lone Wolf is going to stay the way it is for much longer to be perfectly honest. I think it needs a slight nerf, Focusing Shot needs to be able to be cast way faster to be viable, and with how low our haste is right now, it's not exactly the best talent for Focus regeneration simply because if you're moving and need focus, you can't do anything so your damage will drop a ton. Exotic munitions is simply just too weak to compete.

Guest green

Hello and thanks for the very useful guide! I'm having some problems with the addons, i can't find a focus bar addon that actually works, none of those posted are updated for 6.0 ( Stay Focused! was last updated in 2011 and JS in mid 2014 but the project is abandoned). Currently i'm using the Elvui one by detaching it form the player frame but a specific one would be lovelly. Do you have any hints?

Regards,

Turambar

I am using JSHB, try that.

Guest Guest

Explosive trap does not have a persistent area of effect anymore. When triggered it applies a debuff to the mobs within the radius that does damage over time. It is not longer necessary for the mobs to be "in the trap" because once the trap is triggered, there is nothing to stand in.

Hey there I rerolled hunter for WoD so I'm pretty new to the class.

Question about the gems value;

doesn't agility also increase your attack power?

if so it should have a higher value?

Also I rember hunters having macro to not lose autoshots (like meleeswig)

is it not needed anymore?

so the autoshot doesn't get delayed and gets off as soon you fired steady/chimera etc

great guide!

/miyukix

Hey there I rerolled hunter for WoD so I'm pretty new to the class.

Question about the gems value;

doesn't agility also increase your attack power?

if so it should have a higher value?

Also I rember hunters having macro to not lose autoshots (like meleeswig)

is it not needed anymore?

so the autoshot doesn't get delayed and gets off as soon you fired steady/chimera etc

great guide!

/miyukix

The amount if AP you get from Agility was reduced to 1 per 1, down from 2 per 1. Also regarding gems, there's no more Agi gems, and they're all secondary stats, and the same goes for enchants, secondary stats only. Afaik, your auto shot isn't delayed by anything anymore, so you shouldn't need a macro.

Guest Shootzblanks

Thanks for the guide and all the info!!! So far sitting at ilvl 631 and I am usually on top of the DPS charts even with people geared like me or sometimes even higher. I love how people complain about how I rock the charts.

Thanks for the guide and all the info!!! So far sitting at ilvl 631 and I am usually on top of the DPS charts even with people geared like me or sometimes even higher. I love how people complain about how I rock the charts.

You are welcome.

Hey. I want to ask a few things about stat priorities for Marksmanship. I prefer this build: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zhwDIM-qoVka. With that in mind, stats should go: Crit > Multi-Strike> ? I understand it's said that Versatility, Haste and Mastery are close in value. I, personally, go more for damage and less for passive damage reduction. In my mind I should go either:

1) Mastery: Out of the 3 this is on top of my list, because of the benefits of Sniper Training.

2) Haste:Reduces the cast time of Focusing Shot. Aimed Shot can be cast while moving, so my concern is not with it.

With stats close in value, I'm left to chose based on my own taste. Mastery. But I want to ask about the pros and cons of that. Sure, I get more damage, crit damage and range. Do I need that range? Or would I benefit more from Versatility? Is Haste's cast reduction worth it?

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks, in advance, for your answers!

Edited by Erelorial

Hey. I want to ask a few things about stat priorities for Marksmanship. I prefer this build: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zhwDIM-qoVka. With that in mind, stats should go: Crit > Multi-Strike> ? I understand it's said that Versatility, Haste and Mastery are close in value. I, personally, go more for damage and less for passive damage reduction. In my mind I should go either:

1) Mastery: Out of the 3 this is on top of my list, because of the benefits of Sniper Training.

2) Haste:Reduces the cast time of Focusing Shot. Aimed Shot can be cast while moving, so my concern is not with it.

With stats close in value, I'm left to chose based on my own taste. Mastery. But I want to ask about the pros and cons of that. Sure, I get more damage, crit damage and range. Do I need that range? Or would I benefit more from Versatility? Is Haste's cast reduction worth it?

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks, in advance, for your answers!

Personally, I opt for Crit > Multi > Haste > Vers > Mastery, simply because I'm not worried about the 1% DPS it will end up giving me to swap to Vers > Haste / Mastery.

I absolutely HATE long cast time Aimed Shots. That is my reasoning, just for my sanity's sake I take the DPS loss and go with haste.

Technically you will benefit more from Versatility though so just weigh that and decide based on how you want your hunter to play.

Thanks a lot! biggrin.png

PS: Is the prio the same if I use Lone Wolf instead of Focusing Shot?

Edited by Erelorial

Thanks a lot! biggrin.png

PS: Is the prio the same if I use Lone Wolf instead of Focusing Shot?

Focusing Shot shouldn't be used. The prio is under the assumption you are using Lone Wolf.

Guest CyaSteve

I've been looking for a detailed guide about Single Target openers and can't seem to find one.  Anyone have input?

The way that I open right now is:

1. Potion
  2. Steady Shot
  3. Pop Macro: Blood Fury + Rapid Fire + Gor'ashan's Lodestone Spike (Trinket)
  4. Chimaera
  5. Murder of Crows
  6. Glaive Toss

Then it splits, if TotH procs:

1. Aimed until out of focus
  2. Alternate Steady Shot / Aimed until Rapid Fire is done
  3. GT/CS/MoC

If TotH doesn't proc:

1. Steady x 2 
  2. Aimed Shot
  3. Steady until almost full on focus and then drop CS/GT/MoC trying to proc TotH

I've been looking for a detailed guide about Single Target openers and can't seem to find one.  Anyone have input?

The way that I open right now is:

1. Potion
  2. Steady Shot
  3. Pop Macro: Blood Fury + Rapid Fire + Gor'ashan's Lodestone Spike (Trinket)
  4. Chimaera
  5. Murder of Crows
  6. Glaive Toss

Then it splits, if TotH procs:

1. Aimed until out of focus
  2. Alternate Steady Shot / Aimed until Rapid Fire is done
  3. GT/CS/MoC

If TotH doesn't proc:

1. Steady x 2 
  2. Aimed Shot
  3. Steady until almost full on focus and then drop CS/GT/MoC trying to proc TotH

Check out my guide on the Hunter Forums. It covers the opener for MM.

Guest Atephon

When I look at Yooz armory - I see him with this ring Unexploded Explosive Shard Unexploded Explosive Shard - ilvl 695.
That ring is currently not even on your list - is this a mistake? or whats going on.

Best regards
Martin

5.4.4. Tier 6 Talents

Against a single target, wow_icon_ability_glaivetoss.jpg Glaive Toss and wow_icon_ability_hunter_resistanceisfuti Powershot should be used on cooldown, while wow_icon_ability_hunter_rapidregeneratio Barrage is not worth using at all against a single target.

The guide is conflicting itself.. You either want to use barrage on single target only when you dont have a TotH procc for Aimed or you want to skip barrage completly... whats correct..?!

5.4.4. Tier 6 Talents

Against a single target, wow_icon_ability_glaivetoss.jpg Glaive Toss and wow_icon_ability_hunter_resistanceisfuti Powershot should be used on cooldown, while wow_icon_ability_hunter_rapidregeneratio Barrage is not worth using at all against a single target.

The guide is conflicting itself.. You either want to use barrage on single target only when you dont have a TotH procc for Aimed or you want to skip barrage completly... whats correct..?!

You should not use Barrage in a ST scenario, that is what that is saying.

Guest Beate

You should not use Barrage in a ST scenario, that is what that is saying.

But that isn't what the single target rotation is saying. So why would I pick up barrage if I know the fight is only single target?

You stated that Barrage is not worth using at all against a single target, and yet you included it into the the single target rotation. Which of these should be believed?

You stated that Barrage is not worth using at all against a single target, and yet you included it into the the single target rotation. Which of these should be believed?

This is a poor choice in wording, you should only cast Barrage at 2+ targets. Single target it is currently a loss to cast it. Hopefully this will be changed in the guide as this is very confusing clearly, as we've gotten two questions about this in the same day.

I answered this in the hunter section a bit ago, and I'll say it here:

Take Brackenspore for example, a fight where there are intermitten adds, but those adds aren't always going to be up and you often have periods of where there is just a single target (even though it's an add fight). During these times where there is just a single target, using barrage is a dps loss, however, using barrage is optimal for Brackenspore since you can cleave 2-4 targets with it.