FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Combat Rogue 6.2

Guest Minoxidil

Really liked the guide. Im still leveling and using a different build, but once i reach lvl 90, im using these tips.

The only thing you should focus more is on stats section, since 6.0 will chance a lot on this subject

Guest Guest

So you are saying that Crit(aside from Multi) is now the primary stat? What about shadow craft and other theory crafter suggesting that haste is sitll the better option?

So you are saying that Crit(aside from Multi) is now the primary stat? What about shadow craft and other theory crafter suggesting that haste is sitll the better option?

This guide was reviewed by Fiery Demise and he said there is no problem with the stat priority. As far as I know, there are issues in ShadowCraft, which result in the tool overvaluing Haste in certain cases. You can read about it on Ravenholdt: http://ravenholdt.net/index.php/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47#p203

Guest Waruk Jenkins

Rupture tips in the detailed section for combat rogues. Don't know if you missed that.

Shouldn't we now make ability_rogue_kidneyshot.jpgKidney Shot part of the rotation thanks to ability_rogue_bloodsplatter.jpgInternal Bleeding ?

That's a good question. The problem is that the bleed doesn't get applied on mobs immune to stuns, so you can't benefit from it against raid bosses. That said, it does a huge amount of damage against mobs that are not immune to stuns. I played around with it a bit this morning and it does like 3 times more damage than Eviscerate, so I'm definitely going to talk to Fiery Demise about it, so we can add a mention of that in the guides.

Rupture tips in the detailed section for combat rogues. Don't know if you missed that.

Thanks, they're gone now!

Guest Dekkaar

This guide was reviewed by Fiery Demise and he said there is no problem with the stat priority. As far as I know, there are issues in ShadowCraft, which result in the tool overvaluing Haste in certain cases. You can read about it on Ravenholdt: http://ravenholdt.net/index.php/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47#p203

Now Ask Mr Robot is too showing haste as the better option as well.  I have noticed slight improvement with crit but I haven't ran any definitive tests.

Now Ask Mr Robot is too showing haste as the better option as well.  I have noticed slight improvement with crit but I haven't ran any definitive tests.

When you have an equal amount of Crit and Haste, Crit is still slightly better than Haste in my testing. When you have more Haste than Crit (which seems to be the norm in T16 gear), Crit definitely pulls ahead.

Guest Faeryin

Just because i'm new to the rogue guide and a little confused. In section 2 on multiple target rotation it says:

When fighting 2 or more enemies, turn on wow_icon_ability_warrior_punishingblow.jBlade Flurry and proceed with your single-target rotation on one of the enemies. Maintain the wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpgCrimson Tempest DoT.

When fighting 5 or more enemies, wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpgCrimson Tempest should replace wow_icon_ability_rogue_eviscerate.jpgEviscerate as your primary Finishing Move.

I'm confused because with more than 5 enemies wouldn't want to keep crimson tempest as your primary finishing move? And use eviscerate as the primary with 2-4 while only using crimson tempest if the enemies will last long enough to make it a dps increase over eviscerate? I'm just not understanding why eviscerate takes priority over crimson tempest on 5+ enemies.

Guest Golo

Did you not notice that combat potency benefits from a slow weapon in your OH??? I think you should look at combat rogues again and not just say, hey slow weapon in the MH 

Just because i'm new to the rogue guide and a little confused. In section 2 on multiple target rotation it says:

When fighting 2 or more enemies, turn on wow_icon_ability_warrior_punishingblow.jBlade Flurry and proceed with your single-target rotation on one of the enemies. Maintain the wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpgCrimson Tempest DoT.

When fighting 5 or more enemies, wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpgCrimson Tempest should replace wow_icon_ability_rogue_eviscerate.jpgEviscerate as your primary Finishing Move.

I'm confused because with more than 5 enemies wouldn't want to keep crimson tempest as your primary finishing move? And use eviscerate as the primary with 2-4 while only using crimson tempest if the enemies will last long enough to make it a dps increase over eviscerate? I'm just not understanding why eviscerate takes priority over crimson tempest on 5+ enemies.

This was a bit confusing, so I am going to reword "2 or more enemies" into "2, 3, or 4 enemies". Sorry about that.

Did you not notice that combat potency benefits from a slow weapon in your OH??? I think you should look at combat rogues again and not just say, hey slow weapon in the MH 

Combat Potency does not benefit from a slow weapon in the Off-Hand slot. Slow weapons do have a higher chance to proc it, but it's only to compensate for the fact that slow weapons attack less often.

I´m a little confused on a subject: How "far" (read horrible) is the stats between haste and critical strike? Can you be "capped" at haste? 

I´m a little confused on a subject: How "far" (read horrible) is the stats between haste and critical strike? Can you be "capped" at haste?

It is very close. I just ran a simulation on the Tier 17 Heroic profile in SimC, setting all the secondary stats at a value of 800, and Haste comes out with a weight of 2.79 and Critical Strike with a weight of 2.42.

There is no real Haste cap, except for when you hit the GCD, but we're a long way from it in the expansion.

Guest Peekaboo

hi guys. im just wondering the percentages that stats should be capped at or held at to perform the most dps. any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey, I've read all your rogue guides to such high extent! I find Sub the most fun, but I feel like I'm not doing as much damage as I should. Should I consider switching specs? And if so, which spec would be the superior one?

I am 633 ilvl and doing around 16k dps.

Guest Nemo

When did Combat start wanting to use DfA? I can't find any other sites currently recommending it over Venom Rush, especially not since it was hotfixed to not grant multiple combot points. 

Guest Sixchord

Hi! While I main a holy priest, my combat rogue has always been my number 1 alt and these guides have always been a great help in learning how to pretend to be good at melee :p

I just have a quick question about Crimson Tempest usage on 2-4 targets. Should I always be casting it at 5 combo points, or if it's about to fall off should I reapply the DoT at whatever number of combo points I have (in a similar fashoin to how we've traditionally treated SnD)?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Elmy

When fighting 2, 3, or 4 enemies, turn on wow_icon_ability_warrior_punishingblow.j Blade Flurry and proceed with your single-target rotation on one of the enemies. Maintain the wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpg Crimson Tempest DoT.

Here when you mention maintain the Crimson Tempest DoT, is it simply for the sake of the DoT or because the damage over time is worth it? Real question being since a 1 point or 5 point Crimson Tempest doesn't affect the length (both 12 seconds), are we aiming for 5 points or does it matter? I vaguely remember a passive from one of the talent specs giving energy regen for bleeds - is that still a thing?

hi guys. im just wondering the percentages that stats should be capped at or held at to perform the most dps. any help would be greatly appreciated

There is no cap you should currently be concerned about.

Hey, I've read all your rogue guides to such high extent! I find Sub the most fun, but I feel like I'm not doing as much damage as I should. Should I consider switching specs? And if so, which spec would be the superior one?

I am 633 ilvl and doing around 16k dps.

Take a look at that to get an idea: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/

When did Combat start wanting to use DfA? I can't find any other sites currently recommending it over Venom Rush, especially not since it was hotfixed to not grant multiple combot points.

Sorry about that. They hotfixed it shortly after Spazzo's review and then I was unavailable for some time to fix the guide. It's fixed now.

what is the rotation with death from above?

I have just removed DfA from the rotation, so do not worry about it anymore.

Hi! While I main a holy priest, my combat rogue has always been my number 1 alt and these guides have always been a great help in learning how to pretend to be good at melee tongue.png

I just have a quick question about Crimson Tempest usage on 2-4 targets. Should I always be casting it at 5 combo points, or if it's about to fall off should I reapply the DoT at whatever number of combo points I have (in a similar fashoin to how we've traditionally treated SnD)?

Thanks in advance!

When fighting [/size]

2, 3, or 4 enemies[/size], turn on [/size]wow_icon_ability_warrior_punishingblow.j Blade Flurry[/size] and proceed with your single-target rotation on one of the enemies. Maintain the [/size]wow_icon_inv_knife_1h_cataclysm_c_05.jpg Crimson Tempest[/size] DoT.[/size]

Here when you mention maintain the Crimson Tempest DoT, is it simply for the sake of the DoT or because the damage over time is worth it? Real question being since a 1 point or 5 point Crimson Tempest doesn't affect the length (both 12 seconds), are we aiming for 5 points or does it matter? I vaguely remember a passive from one of the talent specs giving energy regen for bleeds - is that still a thing?

I'll ask Spazzo for confirmation, but my belief is that you can and therefore should maintain it with 5 Combo Points. With 5 Combo Points, the DoT deals more damage and also grants you a poison buff that lasts longer.

Guest Fray

So, for the opener, after you ambush, why would you not immediately vanish and ambush again, then revealing strike, then 5pt SnD?  I have been doing this and it feels right.

Wondering why on the guide @ https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/combat-rogue-pve-dps-gems-enchants-consumables thathas been approved both "FieryDemise" and "Spazzo" are using mulitistrike and not haste as they have approved?

I've just checked Spazzo and he's stacking Haste, not multistrike.

So, for the opener, after you ambush, why would you not immediately vanish and ambush again, then revealing strike, then 5pt SnD?  I have been doing this and it feels right.

That's because you want to spend as few Combo Points as possible before having cast Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush. This way, you will have more Combo Points available to reduce the cooldown of Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush (through Ruthlessness).

With Venom Rush being the top pick wouldn't it be better to go with Leeching Poison? Most bosses are immune to Crippling Poison (unless they really changed things since I last checked) so Leeching Poison, while the health gain wouldn't be that much, it would give you the bonus to energy regeneration.

Sign in to follow this