FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Protection Warrior 7.1

Guest dneelyep

One possibly useful macro to add:

If the player is an Orc Warrior, racial_orc_berserkerstrength.jpgBlood Fury can be added to Heroic Strike/Devastate/another commonly-used ability. This way, the player will get a basically passive attack power increase.

The macro I'm using is:

#showtooltip

/cast Heroic Strike

/cast Blood Fury

This macro takes the place of just using Heroic Strike for my character.

Guest Kapper

Heroic Throw is now totally awesome for taunting since it has 0 cooldown and provides a big amount of threat! This guide doesn't mention it at all. I use it more than I use taunt! :)

There seem to be an error in the Macro section. 

It talks about Hand of Salvation (and hand of protection) but the macro will remove Hand of Protection and Hand of Sacrifice.

Thanks for a good guide! Really love what you guys do

Thanks for pointing this out. It should now be fixed!

One possibly useful macro to add:

If the player is an Orc Warrior, racial_orc_berserkerstrength.jpgBlood Fury can be added to Heroic Strike/Devastate/another commonly-used ability. This way, the player will get a basically passive attack power increase.

The macro I'm using is:

#showtooltip

/cast Heroic Strike

/cast Blood Fury

This macro takes the place of just using Heroic Strike for my character.

Thank you for suggesting this. I'm not going to include it in the guide, though, because while it is certainly useful and it simplifies gameplay a bit, I feel that it also encourages lazy play. Blood Fury might not be the most crucial ability ever for Protection Warriors, but it is still important to use it when really needed (or avoid using it when you want to save it), and such a macro doesn't really give you that option.

Heroic Throw is now totally awesome for taunting since it has 0 cooldown and provides a big amount of threat! This guide doesn't mention it at all. I use it more than I use taunt! smile.png

That's a very good point. I've made a mention of it now on the rotation page. Thank you!

Guest Juicebox

I'll appologize in advance for the n00b comment, I just re-rolled Warrior after tanking as a Pally for Wrath-5.04... Then took a break to get my degree...

From reading guides here and on other sites, as someone completely new to Prot Warrior, you should have Shield Block in the rotation section. An ability with a cool down of less than 10 sec... that I want to have up as close to 100% as possible MUST be part of my rotation. I understand that it is a defensive ability, and should be discussed elsewhere... For the new Prot Warrior, I may not read that far down.

Learning (and mastering) a new class can be a lot of information, so as newbs try to "learn things in sections" it is critical that it is mentioned at the start of the guide that I want SB/SBar up as much as possible, so it needs to be an active part of my tanking rotation, so why isn't it there?

/mytwocents

Guest Skrins

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not. In the protection section under section 8:Tier 7 talents. The abilities listed that are effected by Anger Management are wrong (I think). The ones listed in the guide are Avatar, Bloodbath, Storm bolt, Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Mocking Banner, Heroic Leap, Recklessness, and Die by the Sword. Those are the talents for Arms or Fury specs. They should be (according to the tooltip) Avatar, Bloodbath, BLADESTORM, Storm bolt, Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Mocking Banner, Heroic Leap, SHIELD WALL, DEMO SHOUT, and LAST STAND. 

+1

Guest Skrins

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not. In the protection section under section 8:Tier 7 talents. The abilities listed that are effected by Anger Management are wrong (I think). The ones listed in the guide are Avatar, Bloodbath, Storm bolt, Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Mocking Banner, Heroic Leap, Recklessness, and Die by the Sword. Those are the talents for Arms or Fury specs. They should be (according to the tooltip) Avatar, Bloodbath, BLADESTORM, Storm bolt, Shockwave, Dragon Roar, Mocking Banner, Heroic Leap, SHIELD WALL, DEMO SHOUT, and LAST STAND. 

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but just F.Y.I.

The site rocks. Very helpful and well written. 

Go the same question. Because with these spell, wouldn't this talent become better than the 5% def from glad ?

Guest Sonywara

WHy all the tank guides ignore the leech stat? Really useless or there is something else?

Add a Gladiator Warrior Section.

I mean, even Noxxic has a guide, and we all know they're not an impressive site.

Not having the current top dps stance for warriors is a glaring oversight...

Second Wind does not appear to be viable at all. A 10% increase in leech will not generate any significant amount of healing, especially since this only happens when you are below 35% health (and therefore, when you are truly in need of big heals). A possible exception here are fights where you are doing unusually high damage (through encounter mechanics).

shouldnt that be "taking"?

nvm im wrong.

Edited by Skellz

I'm not sure about the priority mastery and parry. Isn't parry better because it gives u more avoidance per point? I'm looking for a clear answer and advantage for mastery this addon over parry, i can't find it. For example Kungen goes for full Crit with enchants etc. Is there a mathematically prove or a huge reason picking mastery over parry if it gives less avoidance per point?

Greetz

The stat section is saying mastery and to check Ask Mr Robot. Mr Robot seems to be telling prot warriors to stack crit.

Yes i think u get more overall avoidance if u take Crit over Mastery. Usually u aim anyways for both on a piece of gear where is no bonus armour possible, but in case u have a piece of gear with crit + anything and mastery + anything im pretty sure u should go for the crit piece of gear.

Guest Galad

And why is

AskMr Robot says Multistrike is better than Haste.

And you dont mention that Multistrike triggers Blood Craze.

Its a nice self heal which is further increased by Resolve and your Versatility.

^this ignored? Is it because multistrike provide zero damage reduction?

Also I think that you forget trade_alchemy_dpotion_d12.jpgHealing Tonic in Consumables section. Call me n00b, but I've found this very useful for extreme situations.

I just realized that u get Parry aswell from Strength LOL. There is nothing shown in the character sheet about it, but test it out with a strength trinket... In case of that fact crit and mastery are almost even again coz i thought the point efficency is huge for crit but strength made the result a fake...so i would value mastery over crit then for sure now

Guest Guesterino

It seems you forgot to mention the heal procced by a multi-strike hit,

You only had: "Multistrike causes your abilities to have a chance to hit/heal a second and a third time, each time dealing 30% of the initial damage/heal."

When a multi-strike procs then it will trigger "Blood Craze", healing you for 3% of your max health over 3 seconds.

Guest Zardilann

Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout and Last Stand doesn't get mentioned under the Anger Management talent.

You only had: "Multistrike causes your abilities to have a chance to hit/heal a second and a third time, each time dealing 30% of the initial damage/heal."

When a multi-strike procs then it will trigger "Blood Craze", healing you for 3% of your max health over 3 seconds.

Shield Wall, Demoralizing Shout and Last Stand doesn't get mentioned under the Anger Management talent.

Thanks to both of you. I'm fixing it now :)

Your multistrikes from auto attacks trigger a Blood Craze. Not all of your attacks!

Guest oakenshield

ok so just a thought i was looking at versatility and noticed with a trinket that I have can it increases versatility by 1060 and seen that at around 1000 versatility your damage and healing is increased by 9.8% and damage decreased by 4.8% so if we stack versatility and mastery instead of crit and mastery it would mean that when you block we would block 60% damage and when we did block we would take 30% less damage so my question is would it be a better build to stack versatility and mastery then crit and mastery and i know that cirt gives parry but with str and bonus armor youll get a little bit of parry chance and then from the crit buff so please get back with me on this i mean if i stack my versatility instead of crit i could get my damage increaded by around 15 to 17% and damage decreased by close to 10% so idk just putting thoughts down thanks

Hello ! 

Im thinking about the stat priotity, now that we got somewhat in to the x-Pac.

I was simply wondering if Mastery is still ontop or if Crit is now the best one, got some ppl telling me crit is higher. 

And that made me think about it, and Since crit gives both Parry and dmg increase, since crits are higher dmg and aswell gives enrage, and enrage gives more rage.

Mastery only grants Critical shield block and shield block, doesnt it ?

So according to this shouldnt Crit be higher than mastery? Or does mastery give that much better mitigation ? 

Thanks, Dalwyn 

Hello ! 

Im thinking about the stat priotity, now that we got somewhat in to the x-Pac.

I was simply wondering if Mastery is still ontop or if Crit is now the best one, got some ppl telling me crit is higher. 

And that made me think about it, and Since crit gives both Parry and dmg increase, since crits are higher dmg and aswell gives enrage, and enrage gives more rage.

Mastery only grants Critical shield block and shield block, doesnt it ?

So according to this shouldnt Crit be higher than mastery? Or does mastery give that much better mitigation ? 

Thanks, Dalwyn 

You're missing the fact that mastery increases attack power and that critical blocks trigger Enrage as well. As for crit being better than mastery, it would be IFF Shield Barrier wasn't as weak as it is right now. It's in a ridiculously bad place, absorbing only about half of a single melee attack. Thus, having more rage from crit doesn't balance out the loss of static and crit block from mastery.

You're missing the fact that mastery increases attack power and that critical blocks trigger Enrage as well. As for crit being better than mastery, it would be IFF Shield Barrier wasn't as weak as it is right now. It's in a ridiculously bad place, absorbing only about half of a single melee attack. Thus, having more rage from crit doesn't balance out the loss of static and crit block from mastery.

I think what is getting people is the guide tells people to stack mastery. Then it says check ask Mr Robot which is saying gem for stam, stack crit over mastery and to enchant for crit.

Sign in to follow this