FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Feng the Accursed

Guest Hunnya

As always you have amazing guides. One question I have about Phase Two (Spirit of the Spear) is if the Nullification Barrier destroys Wildfire coming through it, or if it clears Feng's stacks gained from absorbing Wildfire. As one of the tanks last night, I attempted to stop him from gaining stacks during a Draw Flam and ended up dying from Wildfire, so either he stopped drawing in right when they were on top of me, or we're doing something wrong. Any helpful input is appreciated Posted Image

You can use Reversal to take the tank debuff from the other tank when he is tanking to do damage to the boss. This gives the reversal tank massive damage and helps gets through phases quicker.

Here are our logs: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=8118&e=8551

Also, we didn't think about it last night but we are going to try tonight.. You might be able to use reversal on Epicenter and make the boss have a 75% chance to miss. Not entirely sure, but will come back if we try it tonight.

Edited by krazyito65

As always you have amazing guides. One question I have about Phase Two (Spirit of the Spear) is if the Nullification Barrier destroys Wildfire coming through it, or if it clears Feng's stacks gained from absorbing Wildfire. As one of the tanks last night, I attempted to stop him from gaining stacks during a Draw Flam and ended up dying from Wildfire, so either he stopped drawing in right when they were on top of me, or we're doing something wrong. Any helpful input is appreciated Posted Image

Well, this appears to still work from what I have seen. If you keep the boss in the Nullification Barrier while he is channeling, including when his

channel ends, he will not gain the Draw Flame buff at all. I don't know how it interacts with the Wildfire Sparks.

You can use Reversal to take the tank debuff from the other tank when he is tanking to do damage to the boss. This gives the reversal tank massive damage and helps gets through phases quicker.

Here are our logs: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=8118&e=8551

Also, we didn't think about it last night but we are going to try tonight.. You might be able to use reversal on Epicenter and make the boss have a 75% chance to miss. Not entirely sure, but will come back if we try it tonight.

Thanks. I've added the tank debuff / Shroud of Reversal stuff to the guide :)

Well, this appears to still work from what I have seen. If you keep the boss in the Nullification Barrier while he is channeling, including when his channel ends, he will not gain the Draw Flame buff at all. I don't know how it interacts with the Wildfire Sparks.

Just wanted to report in since we downed him tonight. It seems that I was indeed in the path of the wildfire as it was being pulled into the boss. Considering it practically one-shot me, I can only guess that you take damage from any and all wildfires that pass over you as he absorbs them, so be sure to be out of their way while you channel the Nullification Barrier.

Edited by Hunnya

Guest Blacktemplar

Hey there,

you can use the "Shroud of Reversal" to Stun the Boss. When he uses the ability "Lighting Fists" use the Shrould of Reversal to get this effect from the Main Tank (he must be hit from this attack). Now you can Stun Feng with this ability, when he casts Epicenter. The healing faction of your raid will tankh you a lot for this ;-)

Greets,

Blacktemplar

Just wanted to report in since we downed him tonight. It seems that I was indeed in the path of the wildfire as it was being pulled into the boss. Considering it practically one-shot me, I can only guess that you take damage from any and all wildfires that pass over you as he absorbs them, so be sure to be out of their way while you channel the Nullification Barrier.

Thanks! I was able to confirm again that it does work to prevent him gaining the Draw Flame buff, by the way.

Hey there,

you can use the "Shroud of Reversal" to Stun the Boss. When he uses the ability "Lighting Fists" use the Shrould of Reversal to get this effect from the Main Tank (he must be hit from this attack). Now you can Stun Feng with this ability, when he casts Epicenter. The healing faction of your raid will tankh you a lot for this ;-)

Greets,

Blacktemplar

Wow, that is very useful. You can be it's going to make its way into the guide shortly. Thank you!

Hey there,

Greets,

Blacktemplar

Haha I said I would be back to say about reversal epicenter but before raid we figured this out and did it instead. We had trouble getting it every time though.

Guest Matt

Phase 3 should not be stacking on the boss. Arcane Resonance ticks quickly and wipes the group in two. Your raid group should position itself in a circle around Feng in the center of the room. This minimizes damage from Arcane Resonance because there are less allies within a 6 yard range of each other, which decreases damage.

Guest Avire

So we were trying this boss quite a few times tonight and we had an addon to let us know if anyone was standing in wild fire but the boss gained up to 24 stacks of debuff when he used "draw flame" and we have been unable to figure out why, can anyone shed any light on this particular part of the boss fight ?

why does he gains that many charges ? there is no way there was 24 patches of fire on the ground and according to all the logs we can find maybe 1 or 2 people where hit by wild fire the entire fight.

For us the boss seems to bug a lot... His stacks of Draw Flame just don't correlate to the sparks in any way... There are basically no flames out there, he draws the few that are in and reaches 8 stacks. Then he just rises to 24 for no apparent reason... really annoying...

Edited by Astropolix

Yes this boss is so buggy!

The shroud of reversal does not always work and in phase 3 we were taking over 100k per second damage from arcane velocity :s

Still beat him down though :)

Guest vyxaryx

Third phase strategy (grouping up) is wrong. We killed him today using following tactics for third phase - we tanked boss in middle of the room having raid spread on inner ring around him (8 players can easily stand here having appropriate range for Arcane Resonance). We stack up on boss for Arcane Velocity (player with Arcane Resonance stays on inner ring), but we spread quickly one second before he finished Arcane Velocity cast (because he could cast Arcane Resonance immediately at the end of the cast and it will cause wipe in one second). We have dedicated positions for each player, this way Arcane Resonance required no special handling and dealing no extra damage.

Thank you for your comments regarding Phase Three. While I wouldn't quite agree that the strategy is "wrong" (having killed it on the Beta by stacking up), I do certainly agree that it could have been improved.

I've made edits to the relevant sections to recommend spreading around Feng until the Resonance goes out, and then stacking up closer to him for the Velocity (which is channeled, and, in my experience, he doesn't cast Resonance while channeling Velocity). Since Velocity seems to be on about a 20 second timer, there should be plenty of time to move out again and wait for a Resonance.

Thank you all again, and keep the comments coming :)

Thank you for your comments regarding Phase Three. While I wouldn't quite agree that the strategy is "wrong" (having killed it on the Beta by stacking up), I do certainly agree that it could have been improved.

I've made edits to the relevant sections to recommend spreading around Feng until the Resonance goes out, and then stacking up closer to him for the Velocity (which is channeled, and, in my experience, he doesn't cast Resonance while channeling Velocity). Since Velocity seems to be on about a 20 second timer, there should be plenty of time to move out again and wait for a Resonance.

Thank you all again, and keep the comments coming Posted Image

While this is true, if he casts resonance at the same time he finishes velocity, resonance will instantly tick on your whole raid and kill you.

I actually have a video of this happening to me.

Here is the YouTube video, set to go to the relevant time.

Edited by krazyito65

While this is true, if he casts resonance at the same time he finishes velocity, resonance will instantly tick on your whole raid and kill you.

I actually have a video of this happening to me.

Here is the YouTube video, set to go to the relevant time.

Thanks! I've changed the wording further to reflect your post. Can you read the section and tell me if it's more in line with how you felt about the phase?

Perfect Vlad.

You may want to mention that he wont cast Resonance while he is channeling Velocity, and if resonance is off CD then most of the time he will cast it immediately.

but that may be too much extra information to put in there.

Perfect Vlad.

You may want to mention that he wont cast Resonance while he is channeling Velocity, and if resonance is off CD then most of the time he will cast it immediately.

but that may be too much extra information to put in there.

Done :)

Guest Jadeleaf

By the way, are you 100% sure that if you stand in sparks path to the boss when he is absorbing them, he doesnt get the buff stacks for them? Because if so, it would be a viable strategy to soak them with my monk using Zen meditation and Diffuse magic, which, combined with the Barrier, would nullify almost all raiddmg in phase 2..

By the way, are you 100% sure that if you stand in sparks path to the boss when he is absorbing them, he doesnt get the buff stacks for them? Because if so, it would be a viable strategy to soak them with my monk using Zen meditation and Diffuse magic, which, combined with the Barrier, would nullify almost all raiddmg in phase 2..

I'm not sure what you are asking..

If you are talking about lightning fists, then what happens is

1) Reversal tank uses Reversal on Nullification tank before lightning fists goes out.

2) Nullification tank gets hit my spark and gets stunned.

3)Reversal tank uses the new ability he gained when the boss is casting Epicenter

I am quite sure that this is not the case at all. Also, I don't believe we've ever claimed that you can block Wildfire Sparks from being absorbed by Draw Flame by standing in their way. If we do make this claim anywhere in the guide, please let us know so we can remedy it.

The only way to stop him from gaining stacks from the Wildfire Sparks is to have him inside a Nullification Barrier when he is channeling Draw Flame.

Guest Pécanha

What about a DK tank using Anti Magic Shell to clear the stacks? It works on phase one. Does anyone know if works on other phases?

Guest Moonrisê - Greymane

We just got our 2nd kill on him tonight and as the tank who gets the shroud of reversal buff, i've been trying to figure out the way to maximize my DPS. I know that the dots from lash, spear, and shock and the channel of velocity and epicenter hit like a truck when you're positioned correctly, but i cant seem to figure out some of the other ones.

We finished the achieve tonight, and when i used wildfire spark on feng, i couldn't tell if it actually did anything to him. No debuff that i noticed was applied and i didn't see anything in recount that mentioned it.

Also, i couldn't get a reading on how much damage arcane resonance did to him. When stolen and applied, it says it ticks him for 65k a second for every player that is near him (At times, we had him at 25 stacks when a velocity was going out and we were in a soft circle stack around him). It seems that even if you cant maintain 25 stacks (lets assume an average of 15 for its duration), that would still be 975k per sec for the duration (which i believe is 8 seconds), which would be by far the most effective means to boost DPS.

When we move to heroics, we plan on using the stun strategy for epicenter in P1 but in P2 and P3, it seems that the abilities are only used to help beat the enrage timer.

Any thoughts?

Moonrisê - Greymane

Winterborne

The guide still states:

"Shroud of Reversal appears to play a much less important role in your raid's success than Nullification Barrier. It is mostly useful for obtaining the achievement associated with this encounter, as we explain in our achievement section. Outside of this, it is only useful for dealing a bit of extra damage to the boss. We were unable to test Shroud of Reversal properly on the Beta, and we will update the guide as soon as we know more."

Also, "Due to the 30-second cooldown of Shroud of Reversal, you can theoretically have every Epicenter covered by this."

Is this accurate? We were having to alternate the Shroud and the Barrier to cover Epicenter casts. First night of raiding tonight, so we may be missing something? Is anyone successfully catching them all with the Shroud?

I must admit the boss is acting really strangely from one pull to another during the first phase. Sometimes we can cover almost all epicenters by the shroud of reversal, because he casts lightning fists in a very predictable way so the othe tank can charge his ability and next pull he simply skipp lot of lightning fists so we were not able to use them to stun him during epicenter. It is very frustrating. He seems to be bugged, because sometimes some of us can not click on the crystals or the boss is not targetable or banquets we do are not usable for some of us. It points on some kind of problem with Blizzard zoning stuff.