FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Edo

[Protection] 6.0 Gems

Curious what the thoughts are on what to put in red sockets.  The guide says to use Parry + Mastery gems, but was wondering if Haste + Mastery would work out better due to being able to get more shield slams in.

Seems logical to use mastery in yellow sockets and crit + mastery in blue.

Strength/Mastery would be better. The AP from strength far outweighs haste, which has a rather small effect. Crit/mastery in blue is good.

• Like 1

Strength/Mastery would be better. The AP from strength far outweighs haste, which has a rather small effect. Crit/mastery in blue is good.

So it would be advisable to gem for Str/Mastery in red sockets over pure mastery gems?

I mean I may switch my gems and gear after today to see how much better or worse it's going to be, but for right now on my warrior I went full on crit. It seems to work out really well. I just put +20 crit yellow gems in red and yellow and for blue I used the +20 crit gem as well. Then for items I equipped mostly items that give mastery + crit. Some of my items do give haste, but not a lot. Also I didn't realize that mastery gives you more AP as well for prot. Did they not put that in the notes or something because I don't remember reading it.

This is what I am doing for now I am not saying it's right or wrong, but when I tanked UBRS today it seemed like I could tank it no problem at all. There was even a pull where some "huntard" decided to pull two rooms in the beginning. I tanked it like it was nothing.

There's something of a balancing act between AP, mastery, and crit. Mastery is our best stat right now because it gives us damage and three sources of survivability. It gives damage through the %AP gain and enrage procs and survivability through crit blocks, extra rage, and the extra AP. Our SBars now scale from 115% (ish, I can't recall the precise number right now) AP, so having more AP to play with means more survivability. Since mastery gives a percent boost, you still need to have some quantity of base AP to make the scaling of mastery worthwhile. Our actual stat priority is BA=Strength>Mastery>Crit>etc, so having strength/mastery is still useful. As ever, the perfect stat priority really depends on the fight but for a general build, this works. Crit provides enough rage to play around with and an =% parry chance. So to be optimal, we'll need Strength/Bonus Armor, Mastery, and Crit. No one stat is good to the exclusion of the others. Really, any way you gem right now as long as it's mostly mastery, with some crit and/or strength will be just fine.