Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gmoff01

Balance priority questions

3 posts in this topic

I've pored over the new balance druid guide for 6.0 and it's immensely helpful, thank you Icy-Veins!  I do have a couple questions though, hopefully you folks can help me out :-)

The guide lists a few things as being extremely high priority, but some of them arent clear on which is highER.  I'm supposed to make sure that starsurge charges are always rolling, so always cast it if/when I get three charges.  I'm also supposed to always burn all of the solar/lunar empowerment charges before recasting starsurge.  Which of these takes priority?

Additionally, while I'm supposed to always burn all of the solar/lunar empowerment charges, I'm also supposed to only cast wrath or starfire based on which side of the balance bar I'm in.  What happens if I still have a lunar empowerment charge when the bar swings into solar?

Thank you!

Edited by gmof01

I've been doing a bit on my own to try to find answers with some of these ambiguities myself, and with regards to yours, here's what i found so far.

Starsurge will take priority over both wrath and starfire with their respective empowerments (this is the case even if you're specced into SotF). This is because starsurge has a higher dps value than both of those spells including when they have the benefit of the empowerments. So the priority here would be to avoid losing starsurge procs at the expense of an empowered nuke.

For your second question, I've found that it takes around 8 seconds to go from 0 to 100 eclipse energy (doesn't matter which side), and that once you hit 100 energy, the bar will stay there for about 3.5 to 4 seconds before it starts to dip back down. It takes the same amount of time (around 8 seconds) for the bar to return to zero and start the next eclipse.

This means the total time for one eclipse is about 20 seconds, and since the empowerment buffs last 30 seconds, depending on how late you casted the starsurge you may still be able to utilize one or two charges of the empowerment without having to overwrite them.

I'm not sure, but it may still be beneficial to cast the empowered spell even if not in it's current eclipse, but if this were the case I wouldn't imagine that it would only be true if you were very shallow into the opposite eclipse, considering damage from the uneclipsed nuke will decrease the farther into the eclipse you go. So If you could finish the cast before you got past around 30 energy into the next eclipse, it might still be ideal. This is even moreso the case if the cast is a starfire (better dps value than wrath) and if you are specced into SotF. Though i haven't run any numbers on this, and would appreciate anyone else's input if they have.

Hope i helped a bit :)

CA when in Lunar and have two Starsurge charges

Starsurge if capped or about to cap

Starsurge if Empowerment is down and a trinket is proc'd.

Starsurge if Empowerment is down and have 2 charges (don't go below 1)

Refresh Sunfire IMMEDIATELY upon entering Solar if there's less than 7 seconds left.

Refresh Moonfire with Lunar Peak if there are less than 30 seconds remaining

Refresh Sunfire with Lunar Peak

Refresh DoTs during CA with the very last partial GCD unless either will fall off early.

Starfire/Wrath

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kun Malygos Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kun Malygos OTK Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kun C'Thun OTK Druid Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kun C'Thun OTK Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.