Damien

hearthstone Icy Veins is looking for a Hearthstone writer

6 posts in this topic

7360-icy-veins-is-looking-for-a-hearthst

Icy Veins is looking for a Hearthstone writer! This is a paid position.

With the release of WoD coming up, we have had a lot of work to do on Patch 6.0.2 and we will soon have to start writing guides for raids and garrisons. In the meantime, Poyo is busy with the Diablo 3 content. And after that, we want to start working on Heroes of the Storm. So, the Hearthstone section is not getting the attention it deserves and we feel that it is time to bring an extra person on board to help us with that. This is a paid job.

We are looking for someone to publish new decks on the website every week. We need someone skilled at the game, who can reach Legend rank without too many issues. This is important, because the best way to test decks and write about them is after playing them against the better players in the ladder. We also want that person to write a weekly piece analysing the state of the meta-game.

Having an easily verifiable record for reaching Legend or playing at a high level is definitely a plus, so if you have a stream or a Youtube channel, or if you have played in tournaments, please let it be known to us. Having contributed written articles to other fansites and showing them to us is also important, because we need someone with a good command of English (no need to be a native speaker, Vlad and I are not). The bottom line is that we need to be able to verify claims.

As mentioned in the first paragraph, this is a paid job. We need someone who considers a career playing Hearthstone full-time and writing about it. Remuneration takes the form of shared revenues. With the current earnings of the Hearthstone section, publishing 1 deck a day on the website, in average, can easily end up generating $1,500 a month (and more if the decks are popular).

In order to apply, simply send us an e-mail at contact@icy-veins.com. The content of the e-mail is part of what we will be judging applicants on.
2 people like this

Great opportunity for someone. A job writing about what you love which could provide some invaluable experience if you are wanting to go down that route.

This is wonderful!

Paid positions are difficult to come by.

Now I feel silly for giving up on pursuing Hearthstone professionally.

Looking forward to the content!

2 people like this

Nooooooooooo

I play too much league and WoW to be able to try for legendary. I get rank 5 or so each month though...... dangit!

Good luck and best wishes to the one that gets this. I'm spread too thin.