FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikeli

[Feral] - Requesting a log review, how am I doing?

So my guild had a good night last night running Heroic mode Sha to Garrosh (oddly the logs missed our Garrosh kill). I was working quite a bit on my 6.0.2 rotation/priorities and overall uptimes, etc. I wanted to get some opinions on my logs and where I should work on things.

Armory Link (Gear has been upgraded since logs)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Sikeli/simple

Logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aR6jhxzgDVNB2QMn/#type=damage-done&boss=-3&source=3855

My Observations

• I see my uptimes for SR and R are low overall, but on static fights (like sha, malkorok) they are ok, especially rake
  • I feel like I spam keys too much and am always energy starved. It's something I'm working on, as I've played my feral like a warrior, just slamming keys for so long I need to relearn to be more patient..but this is work in progress. 
  • I need to work on my opening, pre-pot into prowl/rake... when I managed to time it all right last night it was brilliant, most other times not so much.

I'd love some feedback from other Ferals, especially @Paloro.

Thanks!

Edited by Sikeli

So my guild had a good night last night running Heroic mode Sha-Garrosh. I was working quite a bit on my rotation and uptimes, etc. I wanted to get some opions on my logs and where I should work on things.

Armory Link (gear/gems currently matches what I wore in raid/logs)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Sikeli/simple

Note: I got 2 items last night (Tier pants, Heroric Haromm's) and with that new tier item I can put my Mythic gloves on... will gem pure crit on pants and crit/haste elsewhere). Otherwise how is my gear looking?

Logs

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aR6jhxzgDVNB2QMn/#type=damage-done&boss=-3&source=3855

My Observations

• I see my uptimes for SR and R are low overall, but on static fights (like sha, malkorok) they are ok, especially rake
  • I feel like I spam keys too much and am always energy starved. It's something I'm working on, as I've played my feral like a warrior, just slamming keys for so long I need to relearn to be more patient..but this is work in progress. 
  • I need to work on my opening, pre-pot into prowl/rake... when I managed to time it all right last night it was brilliant, most other times not so much.

I'd love some feedback from other Ferals, especially @Paloro.

Thanks!

Your gear looks okay, just switch your prismatic socket to 20 crit.

One thing that has changed recently is that SotF should be your goto talent for all fights.  Something changed when things were sent to live with FoN.

Logs:

On multi-target fights, your SR uptime needs some serious work.  Don't try to maintain 2 Rips if you don't feel comfortable doing so.  With Rake, don't forget that the new pandemic feature allows you to not waste any damage by refreshing with less then 30% of the duration remaining.

The biggest lack of damage that I am seeing is such little use of FB.  On IJ, for instance, you only used FB 4 times throughout the fight.  On my kill (granted it was nearly a minute longer), I used FB 17 times and it was my #3 damaging ability.  Lastly, it is slightly more damage to open with stealth+Shred instead of stealth+Rake (plus you are guaranteed a crit).

Your gear looks okay, just switch your prismatic socket to 20 crit.

Yellow or Blue? Doesn't matter, yes?

One thing that has changed recently is that SotF should be your goto talent for all fights.  Something changed when things were sent to live with FoN.

I've always gone back and forth on this talent tier. I played SotF for sometime and only recently switched to FoN due to playing alot of PvP and liking the trap (even on some trash and adds in SoO). I always felt the SotF is better overall for PvE.

Logs:

On multi-target fights, your SR uptime needs some serious work.  Don't try to maintain 2 Rips if you don't feel comfortable doing so.  With Rake, don't forget that the new pandemic feature allows you to not waste any damage by refreshing with less then 30% of the duration remaining.

I rarely try (actually I can't think of any time I have) to maintain more than one Rip on anything. I do tab rake on as much as I can (though usually end up resorting to Thrash) in large groups.

The biggest lack of damage that I am seeing is such little use of FB.  On IJ, for instance, you only used FB 4 times throughout the fight.  On my kill (granted it was nearly a minute longer), I used FB 17 times and it was my #3 damaging ability.  Lastly, it is slightly more damage to open with stealth+Shred instead of stealth+Rake (plus you are guaranteed a crit).

I'd love a link to your logs so I can compare.

I'm so used to focusing on SR and R, with FB not being useful really (unless I really had a ton "extra" cps). I started using it more towards the end of last night, especially on Garrosh, once I saw how hard it was hitting. I'll definitely be working this in much more.

I appreciate the feedback.

Edited by Sikeli

Static WCL 10/15

Obviously, my logs won't be perfect as we were all going through some major changes with the patch.  Now that we know how to perform more optimally, this coming weeks should look a lot better.

*My eyes are bleeding from that blue angry.png