FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

The Spirit Kings

Hi guys, great guide. I am curious as why are you recommending having two tanks for this fight for 10 man only? There isn't seem to be any debuff or adds tanking suggesting otherwise.

Hi guys, great guide. I am curious as why are you recommending having two tanks for this fight for 10 man only? There isn't seem to be any debuff or adds tanking suggesting otherwise.

Thanks. That was a slip-up. We just fixed it :)

There is a 10 minute berserk. We got it while learning each part of the fight.

Thanks. Added to the guide :)

Guest Chris

You state that Quain is always the first active boss but then suggest that the raid will be fighting him in a different order. Is it possible for Quain to not be the first active?

No, according to the Dungeon Journal, Qiang is always the first boss you fight. The last 3 come at a random order.

The first night we fought them we got the same exact order everytime though we only had about 3 pulls. Then the next time it was different, but didn't think to check if it changed between pulls. Not sure on how often the order changes.

You state that Quain is always the first active boss but then suggest that the raid will be fighting him in a different order. Is it possible for Quain to not be the first active?

Thanks. Qiang is always the first one. The mentions of dealing with his abilities when he is not first were remnants of an older version of the guide. It's now all consistent (I hope).

Guest Taellis

I have a question about maddening shout. The paladin level 90 talent Light's Hammer damages enemies and heals raid members. During maddening shout, does it do both since raid members are both hostile and in your party?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114158

I have a question about maddening shout. The paladin level 90 talent Light's Hammer damages enemies and heals raid members. During maddening shout, does it do both since raid members are both hostile and in your party?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114158

I honestly don't know. You can't heal hostile targets, as far as I know, so it might not heal based on that. Someone can perhaps confirm this :)

Guest michaelman90

Just thought I'd point out that I still don't see any mention of the enrage timer on the guide. As an extension to that, I'd like to point out that if Meng is in the cowardice phase of his insanity, then nothing will happen if you go past the enrage time limit until his insanity fills up: he will continue to run in fear as normal.

Just thought I'd point out that I still don't see any mention of the enrage timer on the guide. As an extension to that, I'd like to point out that if Meng is in the cowardice phase of his insanity, then nothing will happen if you go past the enrage time limit until his insanity fills up: he will continue to run in fear as normal.

Good point, we killed Kings after 10:24 by letting his casts through on purpose to get him into cowardice phase right before the enrage. We were lucky it worked out, but it might be a chance if a group is struggeling with the enrage by just a few seconds.

Edited by Scrounger

Good point, we killed Kings after 10:24 by letting his casts through on purpose to get him into cowardice phase right before the enrage. We were lucky it worked out, but it might be a chance if a group is struggeling with the enrage by just a few seconds.

I see the enrage timer of 10 minutes showing up just fine (for 10, 25 and LFR).

Guest Matophilles

Warlocks have the talent Mannoroth's fury that lets them AOE with a huge 75-90 yard radius. If you have a warlock in your raid group they can remove Maddening Shout from the entire raid group without needing to stack.

(If you want to do the math on the radius, Mannoroth's Fury is descibed as "Increases the area of your area of effect spells by 500%.". This means that a aoe that covered 1000 square feet, it will cover 5000 square feet with the talent enabled.)

guys need an update for heroic version, its probably the hardest fight in MV, we need an strategy for the shields and the 2 waves of flanking orders its hard for us and we want the realm first :P please :)

Now fixed to a standard order:

Qiang > Subetai > Zian > Meng

Are you saying that the bosses always come in this order since the patch? In which modes?