FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

Priest Sandbox

Nothing beats mastery at the moment. For absorbs MS and crit are close enough that you can treat them as equal. Mastery is ahead of both.

• Like 1

One of these days I will disagree with Espiee.  Starbucks? Pepsi? Medium Filet? Tennis shoes NOT Sneakers? FlipFlops NOT Thongs?

At this point in WoD Mastery is going to be the go to stat.  I posted somewhere else (that I cannot find now) but at some point Crit will be back and you'll want an equal mix or even pure Crit but until then.. definitely not this tier..  Mastery

Buttondown? Polo? White Castle? Krystals? Fudrucker? Anything?!

• Like 1

For those interested.

Using my own character, these are the values of stats normalized to 1 int*

8290b86a9f.png

Yellow ones are absorbs, green one is normal heals and purple one is normal heal with EAA.

The actual weights will vary a bit with your gear. If you're heavily stacking one stack, the other stats will steadily start to become more favorable due to diminishing marginal returns. That's also why you see multistrike overtake crit here for absorbs.

The point that should be driven home however is that mastery is your best stat when shields are the dominant source of your healing.

*2510 int, 1209 sp, 846 mastery, 749 crit, 390 versatiliy, 360 multistrike, 346 haste

Edited by Espiee

Hi, I'm Red, I started playing WoW in the beta back in the day. Started off as a Paladin healer through the most of a Vanilla, joined a hardcore Silvermoon-EU raiding guild where we raided crazy amounts. Towards the end of Vanilla we had cleared all content, when the majority of us were kicked to downsize for TBC.

After this a small group of us who were burnt out from 1.5-2 years of hardcore raiding we moved to Terenas-EU and ran several of our own raiding guilds clearing all the content their bar Kiljaedn pre-nerf with me playing protection warrior and holy paladin.

Took a break here as the game wasnt going in the direction I liked with the nerfs and rehashing. I was pulled back in by guild mates to prepare for the release of Ulduar to heal their sorry bums as my Paladin again. Slowly became more frustrated with the game after the fantastic raid Ulduar was, didnt even bother to kill the Lich King for some time.

Tried to come back for Cata raiding when the expansion started, MT'd that before we needed dps, and for the first time in WoW got to DPS as a hunter for a whole tier of content, before quitting due to more slacking and rehashing.

Recently returned to the game for WoD to hate what has been done to tanking and paladins in general, and found the closest thing to my play style to be a priest, so here I am in a less than brilliant guild with some of my friends from back in the day who returned also.

After 1 rehashed raid and what appears to be 0 class balance already, lets hope I can stick this expansion out!

Also starting to stream in my spare time as I have a rather beasty new machine i like to make use of!

Edited by Ichigaki
  • Like 3

Hi, I'm Red, I started playing WoW in the beta back in the day. Started off as a Paladin healer through the most of a Vanilla, joined a hardcore Silvermoon-EU raiding guild where we raided crazy amounts. Towards the end of Vanilla we had cleared all content, when the majority of us were kicked to downsize for TBC.

After this a small group of us who were burnt out from 1.5-2 years of hardcore raiding we moved to Terenas-EU and ran several of our own raiding guilds clearing all the content their bar Kiljaedn pre-nerf with me playing protection warrior and holy paladin.

Took a break here as the game wasnt going in the direction I liked with the nerfs and rehashing. I was pulled back in by guild mates to prepare for the release of Ulduar to heal their sorry bums as my Paladin again. Slowly became more frustrated with the game after the fantastic raid Ulduar was, didnt even bother to kill the Lich King for some time.

Tried to come back for Cata raiding when the expansion started, MT'd that before we needed dps, and for the first time in WoW got to DPS as a hunter for a whole tier of content, before quitting due to more slacking and rehashing.

Recently returned to the game for WoD to hate what has been done to tanking and paladins in general, and found the closest thing to my play style to be a priest, so here I am in a less than brilliant guild with some of my friends from back in the day who returned also.

After 1 rehashed raid and what appears to be 0 class balance already, lets hope I can stick this expansion out!

Also starting to stream in my spare time as I have a rather beasty new machine i like to make use of!

Welcome!

• Like 1

The point that should be driven home however is that mastery is your best stat when shields are the dominant source of your healing.

Perhaps the stat priority guide on the site should be updated to reflect this?  I'm slightly irritated because now I'm seeing, in multiple places, people having this revelation that mastery should be top priority over crit, whereas all the stat priority guides that aren't buried in some forum thread all say otherwise.

• Like 1

Perhaps the stat priority guide on the site should be updated to reflect this?  I'm slightly irritated because now I'm seeing, in multiple places, people having this revelation that mastery should be top priority over crit, whereas all the stat priority guides that aren't buried in some forum thread all say otherwise.

Yes, I commented on the guide as well letting those that make it down far enough to read my post know that Mastery is tops until next tier at the earliest.. unless there is a patch to PWS.  I'll try and flag someone more important that I am again.

• Like 1

Hello :)

My name is Nino a.k.a Nklaus..

I am in an age of 24 and i live in Slovenia.

I´ve been playing wow also since vanilla as at apparently all on this forum or at least most of em.

My first character was Protection Warrior and i started to love tanks, since then i´ve been playing only tanks from druid,paladin and at wotlk even death knight. After Wotlk i went to my "pause" with WoW due to my failed school.

And now i am back, i´ve started to play in MoP as a monk also as tank but after i hit 90 i´ve changed to healer and i liked it to be on the other side of a raid or dungeon, after my monk i finaly leveled up my priest and guess what i am healing again. Even now in WoD i am playing my priest, enjoying his healing abilities, the only conflict is atm i am low on my iLvL because of my slacking and also to choose between discipline and holy. My friends prefer discipline but i´ve kinda like more holy.

Thanks to this forum and Gwenymph i´ve mastered or at least i understand more the playing of a priest, so that´s my reason to register on this site and to thank all of you.

Cheers Nklaus.

• Like 2

Hello smile.png

My name is Nino a.k.a Nklaus..

I am in an age of 24 and i live in Slovenia.

I´ve been playing wow also since vanilla as at apparently all on this forum or at least most of em.

My first character was Protection Warrior and i started to love tanks, since then i´ve been playing only tanks from druid,paladin and at wotlk even death knight. After Wotlk i went to my "pause" with WoW due to my failed school.

And now i am back, i´ve started to play in MoP as a monk also as tank but after i hit 90 i´ve changed to healer and i liked it to be on the other side of a raid or dungeon, after my monk i finaly leveled up my priest and guess what i am healing again. Even now in WoD i am playing my priest, enjoying his healing abilities, the only conflict is atm i am low on my iLvL because of my slacking and also to choose between discipline and holy. My friends prefer discipline but i´ve kinda like more holy.

Thanks to this forum and Gwenymph i´ve mastered or at least i understand more the playing of a priest, so that´s my reason to register on this site and to thank all of you.

Cheers Nklaus.

Welcome!  Hope to see you posting more and thanks for the Twitch chat!

• Like 1

Welcome!  Hope to see you posting more and thanks for the Twitch chat!

I will definitly participate on this forum, and also on your twitch :)

So I plan on buying a few extra Argi American Red Cross support pets from the Blizz Store and parlaying them into drumming up some traffic for WoD (Dungeons/CMs/Raids/etc).  My YouTube channel gets double the hits of my guilds website a day (which was my original idea, giving them away through the guild site and YouTube) so...  I'm thinking something along the lines of having people subscribe to the Gwenymph of IcyVeins Twitter and YouTube channel then post in a specified Priest Forum Thread when that is done.  If we hit a set number of posts or subscribers then I Raffle/RNG off some pets.  

Thoughts?  

If yes, how many posts or subscribers should the number be set to for.. 5 and/or 10 pets? Should it be based off the number of people we get to post in the Priest Forum Thread or just off of Twitter/YouTube subs?  Deadline... I was thinking the Tuesday rest before Christmas 12/23/14? Anyhow wanted to throw it out there.   Thanks in advance for your feedback  smile.png

Alright, the Argi pet is now Giftable.  So I'll be giving one away on Twitter before raid w/ a Retweet & Follow contest and one during raid from my Twitch channel. Follow! Goodluck! See you Wed!

• Like 2

Grats! Now time for a new part of the game to begin

Leveling was the easy part. On another note, for multi-target rotation, which L100 shadow priest talent would be the best?

I believe CoP was the last L100 I saw suggested but you're better off waiting for someone else to give ya a more accurate answer.

Hello there!

My name is Joona and I'm from Finland. I've lurked in these forums for quite a long time and finally chose to register and make a post here. Mainly because of my problem in kargath HC and confusion with holy, but as second to thank especially Gwenymph for his awesome answers for peoples questions and  HM boss guide for discs and all the other people answering questions and making guide topics aswell. They have really helped me alot.

Soo a lil bit background from my WoW history:

Tried WoW first time in vanilla for free 7day (or 14day can't remember) trial that a friend gave me. I didn't got into a game by that time, next time it was WoTLK and if I remember correctly ICC was up then, got into paladin tank and got to 74lvl with it and lost my interest in a game for some random reason. Then school friends got me try game again and got into it with a druid, raided DS with it as resto/boomkin. Raided MSV with druid also and few bosses from HoF also. Then I had a break until ToT and got into raiding with warlock with a guild that was formed mainly from irl friends, our raids fell apart before SoO and I stopped playing. Now I am doing priest and I'm happy with it (mostly biggrin.png)

Hope I didn't bore you to death with this "story"

Edited by Karvamaha
  • Like 2

Hello all!

I have played since wow launch in EU, tested some in beta as well. I started with Priest and joined my first Molten Core raid at levl 56 iirc. My priest have been my main ever since, healed all of vanilla and cleared everything except the last 2 in Naxxramas.

In TBC I switched to Shadow for the latter part, stayed shadow in Wotlk as well and continued to raid at a hardcore level. Only raided first few weeks in cata before I got fed up with the game. When WoD was announced I got curious again, and I activated my account few months before launch and leveled up in MoP and formed a new guild together with some RL friends. We aim to raid, but much more casual than before... Having a blast now in WoD, love to play my priest again - Disc this time around. Nice first raid tier, with great encounters and on a good difficulty level for us (Normal/Heroic). Hard time with class balance in our small guild, but hey - we killed most already!

Loving the exp so far, and really looking forward to BRF!

Edited by Hummingbird
  • Like 3

Karvamaha and Hummingbird, welcome and thanks for posting!

@Karvamaha:  No, not too long or a bore.  Glad the Highmaul tips worked for your group!

@Hummingbird:  Congrats on the being able to clear some content w/ RL friends.  Not always an achievable feat.

• Like 1

Happy Holidays

I started working on a new thread for Mythic Encounters, pinned HERE in the Priest Forums.

As always, input is appreciated and it will help others future kills!

LOL @ the PMs for

"Yay Holy Love"

Been a long time coming. Sorry for the delay, launch/progression/holidays make for poor upkeep.

Power Word: Shield’s absorption has been reduced by 15%.

Guess nothing lasts forever. Still I'm surprised they're nerfing PWS by 15%(thereby almost making up for the buff), but keeping the holy nova nerfs in place.