FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nuadria

Priest Sandbox

Greetings all,

Intro: i'm Ali, I have been raiding on my priest since 40 man MC way back when. I have been disc since then, adpating to each change.  I skipped raiding in Cata and took a wow break. 

I'm enjoying the fact that with 6.0 I can use my 4pc bonus. Loving the holy Nova filler and enjoying the fact we are doing more healing then aa healing. 

For WoD my entire guild went horde this will be the 2nd time I faction changed and i am enjoying my goblin. 

However, I use to love ToF for add fights with smiting, but since smiting is only for procing Evangelism I think SS will become my new friend.  

For Immmer I try to pop my 4 pc before I need to cascade.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

^

The changes to holy nova may cause me to alter my Disc priest playstyle a little bit more.

Edited by Nuadria

The changes to holy nova may cause me to alter my Disc priest playstyle a little bit more.

Wont make much differnce for this last week as mythic is so easy anyway but it may have stroger repercussons for leveling and lvl100.

Im sure there will be further tuning passes before we hit mythic.

Wont make much differnce for this last week as mythic is so easy anyway but it may have stroger repercussons for leveling and lvl100.

Im sure there will be further tuning passes before we hit mythic.

True, but i'll level up as Shadow in WoD. I'll only heal as Disc for lfr dungeons, for the dungeon quests/gear, and level 100 Draenor raids. It's quicker to level as a shadow dps versus a disc priest, in my opinion.

So I plan on buying a few extra Argi American Red Cross support pets from the Blizz Store and parlaying them into drumming up some traffic for WoD (Dungeons/CMs/Raids/etc).  My YouTube channel gets double the hits of my guilds website a day (which was my original idea, giving them away through the guild site and YouTube) so...  I'm thinking something along the lines of having people subscribe to the Gwenymph of IcyVeins Twitter and YouTube channel then post in a specified Priest Forum Thread when that is done.  If we hit a set number of posts or subscribers then I Raffle/RNG off some pets.  

Thoughts?  

If yes, how many posts or subscribers should the number be set to for.. 5 and/or 10 pets? Should it be based off the number of people we get to post in the Priest Forum Thread or just off of Twitter/YouTube subs?  Deadline... I was thinking the Tuesday rest before Christmas 12/23/14? Anyhow wanted to throw it out there.   Thanks in advance for your feedback  :)

• Like 1

Priest

General
        Power Word: Shield now absorbs 20% more damage.
    Discipline
        Holy Nova's healing has been reduced by 41%.
        Penance's damage and healing has been increased by 20%.

The nerf to HN is a bit excessive.....

Ouch... Thats as bad as having to work extra hours on release day. Ill see it eventually.

Priest

General

Discipline

Tank healing here we come!

Ya Espiee, you were on top of this one from a few weeks ago, with the writing on the wall.  It is right at that pigeonhole line Pallies were at in.... Wrath I believe it was.

Priest

General

Discipline

The nerf to HN is a bit excessive.....

I agree with the nerf comment. It seems abit much to nerf it like that. Eventually they might nerf it so much it will be as weak as it was when it was a glyph spell before 6.0.2.

20% more healing on PWS makes it's coefficient pretty big as well! It's multiplicative, so its coefficient just went from 564% to 676.8%. That makes it heal for more than CoW per % mana spent and have significantly higher HPS. What are they thinking?

Paladins are primarily tank healers this expansion as well. A majority of their healing is coming from DL and Beacon. They get 10% of the mana refunded when they use DL on a beaconed target, so there's a strong incentive to heal the tanks.

Edited by Espiee
  • Like 1

I agree with the nerf comment. It seems abit much to nerf it like that. Eventually they might nerf it so much it will be as weak as it was when it was a glyph spell before 6.0.2.

41% is definitely already passed that threshold. Holy Nova was spammable and posted decent numbers only because of how much of a joke Mythic was. It wasn't even the best heal in terms of throughput, it just looked good because of the pure number of heals we were sending out by spamming it on gcd.

a 41% nerf almost makes it a worse filler than the current sad state of attonement. I'd rather see holy nova buffed back up that 41% because the size of the heals, and the number of targets it healed felt great. it just needed either a higher mana cost so we'd oom ourselves spamming it for 10-15 straight gcd's. or it needs like a 3 or 5 second CD (close proximity CoH ftw).

Holy nova was still powerful at level hundred. Until Midwinter made their log from the live raid private, you could see how their disc priest had more than double the casts of HN than anything else and that it was the highest single source of healing across encounter.

As to whether it's worse than atonement, I really doubt that to be the case. Smite does 92.45% of your SP as healing every cast, even with the nerfs HN does 66.5% per target, or a total of 332.76% of SP per cast.

EU servers are down. Or not working. I've spent the last 16 hours trying to level. I've gotten to 94. I just came from a movie break. There's 2000 people in queue! It's a low pop server.

I'm so jealous of the US servers right now.

EU servers are down. Or not working. I've spent the last 16 hours trying to level. I've gotten to 94. I just came from a movie break. There's 2000 people in queue! It's a low pop server.

I'm so jealous of the US servers right now.

US servers are down right now. All of the realms my characters are on (Ysera, Velen) are down right now. Another portion of them are also 'locked' right now.

Still streaming strong. benefits of being on a dead server. only one crash since ive logged in