FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Mythic DPS Analysis - Top 10% of Parses, Week 2

Demo isn't as strong as it was in the first week; it's true. We got about a 13% nerf. Destro was more than 13% behind demo if the person playing demo knew what they were doing. The nerf isn't enough to make destro better unless you don't know how to play demo.

Also, like Locky said, Aff only looks good because fights last a minute to two minutes in length after 50-65% nerfs.

Play Affliction if you have shit on farm.  Play whatever you want, actually, if you have shit on farm.  We desperately need to see the direction they're taking us at level 100.  It was disheartening and concerning to see us not on the list of tunings last night.  Boomkin did NOT need a 25% buff to 3 of its abilities.  This "tuning" that they did involved swings of 20-50% - that's embarrassing if they considered that things were 'relatively' balanced before.  Further proof that the beta isn't where things get tuned - they wait to collect data on live servers.  We will be guinea pigs for 2 more lockouts.  HOPEFULLY they see that we don't scale nearly as well as others and shit needs to change at 100.  Remember, they already gutted Demonbolt 30% from the last tuning - that's a VERY sizeable nerf.  Most don't remember it cuz it doesn't affect us now, but it's going to hurt.  Likely a PvP change affecting PvE.

• Like 1

Play Affliction if you have shit on farm.  Play whatever you want, actually, if you have shit on farm.  We desperately need to see the direction they're taking us at level 100.  It was disheartening and concerning to see us not on the list of tunings last night.  Boomkin did NOT need a 25% buff to 3 of its abilities.  This "tuning" that they did involved swings of 20-50% - that's embarrassing if they considered that things were 'relatively' balanced before.  Further proof that the beta isn't where things get tuned - they wait to collect data on live servers.  We will be guinea pigs for 2 more lockouts.  HOPEFULLY they see that we don't scale nearly as well as others and shit needs to change at 100.  Remember, they already gutted Demonbolt 30% from the last tuning - that's a VERY sizeable nerf.  Most don't remember it cuz it doesn't affect us now, but it's going to hurt.  Likely a PvP change affecting PvE.

Not saying whether or not 25% was necessary, but Boomies were at the bottom of Tier 17 DPS sims pre-hotfix:

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Of course, sims aren't perfect, but it does seem to indicate low performance

Sims are much closer in accurate portrayal of DPS with the removal of snapshotting.  Warlocks needed some attention and we got none.  The problem I have is that they keep saying that Simulationcraft isn't accurate when it's proving itself over and over and over.  They're buffing Kill Command - that's nice, but now BM will be at the top.  Nerfing Frost Bolt - sounds good.  Changing Unholy DKs? - I get it. 

This is what they were supposed to be using Beta for.  Instead, they're swinging nerf/buff bats with huge swing and it's a clear sign of incompetency.  This expansion has been in works for MONTHS.  They nerfed Demo about 12% last tuning pass because we were awesome at 90.  I can't even keep up with them - first they say all balance is for 100.  Then it's a quick change at 90.  Now it's back to 100.  Next they will say Simulation isn't accurate even though they nerfed the top 3 specs that Simcraft had at the top.  They need to either release how they evaluate specs or just admit that they use live data and won't use the tools available to them.  How do they not have their own simulator?  It's just incredibly frustrating from a beta tester's standpoint who puts effort into seeing classes balanced only to have them ignore it all.

• Like 1

Sims are much closer in accurate portrayal of DPS with the removal of snapshotting.  Warlocks needed some attention and we got none.  The problem I have is that they keep saying that Simulationcraft isn't accurate when it's proving itself over and over and over.  They're buffing Kill Command - that's nice, but now BM will be at the top.  Nerfing Frost Bolt - sounds good.  Changing Unholy DKs? - I get it. 

Kill Command kinda needed a buff, as I have hits with Chimaera Shot that do double my highest crits with KC......  What happened in the patch that broke KC from doing as much if not more than CS?

This is what they were supposed to be using Beta for.  Instead, they're swinging nerf/buff bats with huge swing and it's a clear sign of incompetency.  This expansion has been in works for MONTHS.  They nerfed Demo about 12% last tuning pass because we were awesome at 90.  I can't even keep up with them - first they say all balance is for 100.  Then it's a quick change at 90.  Now it's back to 100.  Next they will say Simulation isn't accurate even though they nerfed the top 3 specs that Simcraft had at the top.  They need to either release how they evaluate specs or just admit that they use live data and won't use the tools available to them.  How do they not have their own simulator?  It's just incredibly frustrating from a beta tester's standpoint who puts effort into seeing classes balanced only to have them ignore it all.

I believe they claim to have to their own simulator, which is why they dont get by simulationcraft.  Of course, as you pointed out, they seem to be making decisions that mesh with Simulationcraft anyway, so either A) simulationcraft is as good or betetr than their own sim, or B) they are lying

Kill Command kinda needed a buff, as I have hits with Chimaera Shot that do double my highest crits with KC......  What happened in the patch that broke KC from doing as much if not more than CS?

KC didnt need a buff even half as much as Survival needs a DPS CD :)

Not claiming KC didn't need a buff.  Just wish I didn't see changes of 20-25-75%.  I miss when they were off by 5-10%.  Being off by 20/25% is a big deal.

Let's face it - my opinion matters almost none.  I'm just blabbing my opinion.  I just wish they'd take a look at all the classes and make a sweeping change - wait 3 days - do another iteration - wait 3 days - do another iteration, etc.  That's what I WISH the beta was used for.  Instead, we see goobers coming up with raid strategies, fastest way to level, most efficient way to do Garrison, etc.  I personally wish they'd not disclose so many of those fun features and focus on balancing classes.

KC didnt need a buff even half as much as Survival needs a DPS CD smile.png

Not claiming KC didn't need a buff.  Just wish I didn't see changes of 20-25-75%.  I miss when they were off by 5-10%.  Being off by 20/25% is a big deal.

Yeah, i just don't know what their doing right now.  Half of what they do doesn't seem to make sense (blanket buff/nerfs) and the rest is just like "well, ok..... i guess"

Let's face it - my opinion matters almost none.  I'm just blabbing my opinion.  I just wish they'd take a look at all the classes and make a sweeping change - wait 3 days - do another iteration - wait 3 days - do another iteration, etc.  That's what I WISH the beta was used for.  Instead, we see goobers coming up with raid strategies, fastest way to level, most efficient way to do Garrison, etc.  I personally wish they'd not disclose so many of those fun features and focus on balancing classes.

I think the problem there was that everybody and their mother was given a beta access key, or at least they were rather easy to obtain.  Beta basically became live content with the amount of people that were in it.  Totally agree that seeing multiple reddit threads a day asking what the fastest way to level to 100 or how to get the best Garrison in week 1 are ridiculous.

My personal Conspiracy Theory is that when Blizzard claims to have their own simulator that they use, but won't say anything more about it, is that they are just using simcraft with their own numbers plugged into it. They just happen to be worse at making simcraft work than the community is.

crossing my fingers that they are holding off on other buffs/nerfs until closer or shortly after WoD drops to maintain some form of balance at level 90. Not only looking at simcraft but what I have tested recently in beta and looking at top end guilds logs such as supermassive tells me that we really need buffs before WoD raids drop. I really just don't know what blizz is doing atm.

...though I guess if this were the case balance wouldn't have gotten that massive buff yet...they will litereally be more broken than demo was before the nerfs for level 90 balance.

Edited by Adrammalech

I felt the 11/13 release date was rushed from a development point.  I could have sworn we were going to get a December release.  It's panic time now - we're officially two weeks out and they're still taking massive swings at class balance. 

• Like 1

I felt the 11/13 release date was rushed from a development point.  I could have sworn we were going to get a December release.  It's panic time now - we're officially two weeks out and they're still taking massive swings at class balance. 

Well, I work in the IT world also.  Rushed deadlines *always* work out!  :)

This is also why I didn't love a release so close in time to blizzcon. I just imagine this whole release, from a damage balancing aspect, is going to be comprised because they are spending more time on coming up with blizzcon party favor ideas. I have pretty much accepted that this first tier might just be a shit show. Both my lock and ele sham look to be very meh this first tier so....see you guys in 6.2 when I wake up from my nap.

Chaos wave is no slouch(no complaints, liking its strength), even after the nerf... but last night one of our warriors damn near out dps me on Gala with Bladestorm alone...

My total dmg done - 4.07m

His Bladestorm Dmg - 3.65m

Adds were dead before I could even get my second CW off each wave...  lol

How has that made it past 3 tuning passes?  haha

Edited by Soulzar

I mean, I know that tuning is broken ATM. And I know that this is not necessarily an indicator of how things will be...... BUT HOW THE HOLY FUCK ARE WE NERFING WHIRLWIND, AND IGNORING BLADESTORM?! Balance feels so hot and cold now. 6.0 drops and I'm pulling 18-20k as demo. Two days later I couldn't raid as it if my DPS were vital to our kills because it's consistently mediocre on the meters, no matter how well I play it. Feels like we may be in for a rough few weeks once WoD drops, and the first few weeks of progression might mean shit all with cheese strats.

Bladestorm isn't nerfed because it would nerf guilds...duh!!!!

Warriors are dumb. I just did a Heroic BoA run and I barely edged out a single-minded fury whose top attacks are Bladestorm and Melee.  I'm sitting here with some pretty dope ranks and about 100 weak auras to watch all my procs and he's hitting Bladestorm and standing next to a boss he right-clicked? I will never understand it, but at this point, I just don't care. Get your shit together Blizz!