FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Will of the Emperor

Guest Azminas

Hey Icy veins!

I noticed something in this guide that you may have missed out on.

During the Titan Gas phase, it also increases all the damage done by players and adds cease to spawn allowing all dps to focus on the two bosses. I believe this would be the best time to use Heroism/Bloodlust (As long as the healing in prior phases isn't a problem).

Thanks!

-Azminas

Guest blooderduki

titan gas improves ONLY! melee attacks by 25% not for casters or hunters

Guest riv

I think it should be included that Devastating Arc is indicated by flashing blue lines that show the direction of the next attack. Don't waste your time trying to look at which shoulder the weapon is over, after you notice the lines dodging it becomes trivial. If there are no lines, move away from the Stomp.

Guest Runefu

Something missing in the guide, there is an "enrage" mechanism at 20%. At that point the room will fill with gas but adds will keep coming. Save lust for those times.

Additionally DBM is announcing the arcs/stomps so its most likely possible to use power auras to have some kind of DDR interface allowing you to not have to look at the boss. (will try to make those for next reset).

Some healing notes :

- Most of the damage is tank damage even during titan gas, mild aoe healing is enough to keep people up at that point.

- You can normally "rest" during the combo but the spike just after is generally nasty.

Hey Icy veins!

I noticed something in this guide that you may have missed out on.

During the Titan Gas phase, it also increases all the damage done by players and adds cease to spawn allowing all dps to focus on the two bosses. I believe this would be the best time to use Heroism/Bloodlust (As long as the healing in prior phases isn't a problem).

Thanks!

-Azminas

Thank you! I updated the guide to reflect this a long time ago, but forgot to post here.

titan gas improves ONLY! melee attacks by 25% not for casters or hunters

Thanks, updated!

I think it should be included that Devastating Arc is indicated by flashing blue lines that show the direction of the next attack. Don't waste your time trying to look at which shoulder the weapon is over, after you notice the lines dodging it becomes trivial. If there are no lines, move away from the Stomp.

Thank you very much. Added mentions of this.

Something missing in the guide, there is an "enrage" mechanism at 20%. At that point the room will fill with gas but adds will keep coming. Save lust for those times.

Additionally DBM is announcing the arcs/stomps so its most likely possible to use power auras to have some kind of DDR interface allowing you to not have to look at the boss. (will try to make those for next reset).

Some healing notes :

- Most of the damage is tank damage even during titan gas, mild aoe healing is enough to keep people up at that point.

- You can normally "rest" during the combo but the spike just after is generally nasty.

Thanks. It appears to happen at 10% though, the Titan Gas. I've added it to the guide :)

Guest Milan

"titan gas improves ONLY! melee attacks by 25% not for casters or hunters"

Not knowing this, coused our 50 whipes. Icy focus please.

Our guide states, and I quote, "It increases the damage done of all melee players and tanks by 25%."

Also, I'm not sure how something like this could have caused 50 wipes for your raid.

Guest Runefu

Greetings,

After killing it, it seems the "enrage" thing is more a stays after X% with X being between 20 and 10.

What i mean is that if you have titan gas at X% then it will stay till the end of the fight. If you delay passing the boss to X% till after the gas expires it seems to do wonders. We had it happen by "accident" and ended the fight with no gas in room.

Comments regarding 10 man normal

My experience shows the soft enrage is actually 12 minutes, rather than 10%, fairly sure of this.

We found 2 healers was much much easier than 3 healers, due to better control of the damage caused by the rage's.

Add priority for us was courage > rage > strength, this results in much less raid damage.

Strengths were tanked by a melee, and did almost no damage.

Comments regarding 10 man normal

My experience shows the soft enrage is actually 12 minutes, rather than 10%, fairly sure of this.

We found 2 healers was much much easier than 3 healers, due to better control of the damage caused by the rage's.

Add priority for us was courage > rage > strength, this results in much less raid damage.

Strengths were tanked by a melee, and did almost no damage.

I've looked into the timing of Titan Gas at some length, and I can't figure out if it's after 12 minutes. Most of what I see still supports it happening at 10% boss health. If you could provide some kind of proof of it happening at not 10%, that would be great.

Thanks for the other info, I'll see that it makes its way into the guide :)

o.O

50 wipes at 10%? with it taking around 5-15 mins, averaging at lets say 10 minutes per attempt, which would alone put the amount of time you spent on that particular boss being around 8 hours alone, not including the time spent required to rebuff and get back to the boss after each wipe, easily putting you over 11 hours on that boss alone.

Guest senpaisama

we killed this yesterday, using same tactic ass bluffkin mentioned, it was our first attempt on this fight, it took us only 2 hours to down it, and I can confirm that we didn't have any titan gas at 10% , thou we had miss communication at the last % and led to tanks dying but bosses were casting combo that time and dps managed to kill them. we had a titan gas at 20% if I recall correct after it ended waited to 10% to call for CCs on adds and raid cds, but didn't get any titan gas .

so i guess that soft enrage is time dependant rather than % dependant.

our combo was : 2 druid healer, pala war tanks, pala druid melee, 2 hunters 1 mage 1 lock ranged, we assigned all ranged to focus on 1 of the rages and cc the other, then kill it after the first rage is dead, our feral was handling the strength add away from the raid and ranged kill it when they r done with him.

a tip on handling the strength add ( which ever dps you assign on him , preferable a melee thou ), is to stand as close as u can to him and when he cast the smash just move inside him, no need to move on sides or back, then get back to the same position that way u keep him on the same spot and always casted smash on the same area.

about titan gas, our druids rotated tranq and tree of life on it, since it last 30 secs I guess and it has 2 mins cd before the next titan gas.

our ret pala was always on the boss, and what helps this 2 healer tactic to work better, is ur tanks to be perfect on avoiding the combos, because taking debuff will make it hard for your healers.

I've reworded the Titan Gas timing a bit, to what appears to be more accurate, and also a few minor changes regarding the Strength adds.

Guest Balthour

what can i do as elemental shaman on this fight?its really sad to benched cause of my specc,really awful fight for elemental shaman's

what can i do as elemental shaman on this fight?its really sad to benched cause of my specc,really awful fight for elemental shaman's

Our elemental shamans did pretty good on this fight. I believe they were assigned to the rages and they did some really good damage.

I believe this is how they did it:

• flame shock on 1 boss and cast lava burst procs and elemental blasts on him.
  • cast chain lightning on the rages (25 man so 4 of them)
  • earth shock on boss when max charges
  • totems, ascendance, elementals... used to maximize aoe on adds.
Bare in mind that this is 25-ma, so if you raid in a 10-man guild this might be less effective for you. I would suggest to try DPSing the rages according to the multiple target rotation for 2 enemies while still attacking the boss(es) as well.

Guest Balthour

sry my bad i forgot to mention that i talk about the 10-man hc version of this fight Posted Image

ok, this may sound stupid... but it cost us 20 minutes of a lot of frustration... until someone googled it

in HC mode, you don't start the encounter with the same control panel as in normal.. but just as you go down the stairs there are pipes on BOTH sides that you need to use.

Yes, we did feel like we failed the intelligence test to do the encounter HC... considering that the control panel says "broken" when set to HC... but perhaps put in 1 line in the HC section of the guide ?

Does everyone in the group have to kill all five of the bosses on heroic before you can kill the final boss on heroic?

You have to clear the rest of the raid on heroic on the current lockout before you can attempt Will, but not all of the group needs to have been there for every kill. Just the one that saved the lockout.

Guest Shine

Small comment on the Posted ImageShow Me Your Moves! Achievement.

In the guide you said:

"The requirement is that every raid member uses the Posted ImageOpportunistic Strike ability against the bosses, after avoiding all the attacks in the same Devastating Combo. This will obviously require a lot of concentration from your raid, and it will probably take many attempts to obtain."

This might be confusing for some, since the requirement is that every raid member uses the strike against the same construct.

maybe you could point out the strategy of every raid member doing the dance on the same construct, exept for one tank (preferably a warrior or druid). This tank will do the dance at the other, when this tank gets the strike he should then use abilities such as Charge, to get to the other construct using his strike while the rest of the raid does the same. (the unbalanced phase is very short, this is a matter of small seconds)

That's it.

Guest Shine

I would like to add that the monk's Posted ImageTranscendence. / Posted ImageTranscendence: Transfer abilities are also a very usefull ability for the mobile tank in the tactic I mentioned in my previous comment. Might even be better than the Charge of a warrior or Druid.