FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Another question I find Thrill of the hunt better over steady. Is steady better or how much of a sim difference is there 

It's really a minor dps difference, and only if you play steady focus up to 95% perfect which is in movement heavy fights not always possible, so many hunters keep using TotH for the extra movement you get from it.

fy5nRK0.png

I'm still confused about explosive trap.

Use it if you've got nothing else to do and you don't want to spend your focus on arcane shot (ie. If ES/BA is coming off cd soon and using AS would cause you to go below the needed focus for ES/BA).

I'm still confused about explosive trap.

Only use explosive trap if you don't have Thrill procs up, or you don't have a multi-strike proc up.

If you have a multistrike proc right off the bat, definitely use Arcane Shot right away.

Hi i have a question about BM spec, i need tame some exotic beast ? that will up my DMG ? or normal beast in ferocity spec will be ok?

Your comments are hidden by default at the time being, I've approved this one but please finish the sign up process and confirm your email if you haven't.

Exotic beasts act no differently than a regular pet. Any pet in ferocity spec will do.

Exotic beasts act no differently than a regular pet. Any pet in ferocity spec will do.

Was actually wondering about the viability of AOE abilities Chimeras and Worms have. Probably not very strong, but hey, BM is renowned for multi target cleaving anyway. Would be nice to know if these special abilities amount to something this time around.

• Like 1

What's with the Stampede suggestion for MM? I've personally tried in on multiple fights and I rarely if ever see high level MM taking Stampede in logs, AMoC seems to always outperform it.

Was actually wondering about the viability of AOE abilities Chimeras and Worms have. Probably not very strong, but hey, BM is renowned for multi target cleaving anyway. Would be nice to know if these special abilities amount to something this time around.

Those Aoe abilities interrupt the pet melee, so you end up losing value from beast cleave and its a dps loss.

Not sure about SV, could get some value on a fight like tectus i suppose

What's with the Stampede suggestion for MM? I've personally tried in on multiple fights and I rarely if ever see high level MM taking Stampede in logs, AMoC seems to always outperform it.

Because it's better. You need a very specific fight length. Like almost exactly 4:44, 9:44 or 14:44. Basically a time that will leave you just shy of another stampede.

Nyx, sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but have you updated to include the macros/addons section from original post? I am new to the site (and returning to WoW, stopped raiding/playing at the end of Dragon Soul) and new to hunter. Thanks for your work, it's much appreciated!

Nyx, sorry if this had been answered elsewhere, but have you updated to include the macros/addons section from original post? I am new to the site (and returning to WoW, stopped raiding/playing at the end of Dragon Soul) and new to hunter. Thanks for your work, it's much appreciated!

Your comments are hidden by default at the time being, I've approved this one but please finish the sign up process and confirm your email if you haven't.

I have not added any macros or weak auras for the time being. Planning on getting it done soon.

I have not added any macros or weak auras for the time being. Planning on getting it done soon.

Appreciate the quick response. RE: finishing the sign up process... I did click the link in my e-mail and put the little puzzle together. If I missed part of the process, I can't find a way to complete it. Appreciate your patience.

Those Aoe abilities interrupt the pet melee, so you end up losing value from beast cleave and its a dps loss.

Not sure about SV, could get some value on a fight like tectus i suppose

Those pets are exotic...

Appreciate the quick response. RE: finishing the sign up process... I did click the link in my e-mail and put the little puzzle together. If I missed part of the process, I can't find a way to complete it. Appreciate your patience.

Not a problem. I'll add a few macros today.

Hi guys, new huntard here! =)

Is it worth to have a macro to stopcast any steady shot if an ability becomes available like chimera or Black Arrow?

Or is is better to, say, have a 0.3/0.5 sec delay in using those abilities and land the steady shot?

Cheers

Hi guys, new huntard here! =)

Is it worth to have a macro to stopcast any steady shot if an ability becomes available like chimera or Black Arrow?

Or is is better to, say, have a 0.3/0.5 sec delay in using those abilities and land the steady shot?

Cheers

Please finish your sign up on the site, I've approved this comment this time, however if you don't confirm your email and complete the sign up process your comments will not be visible to the rest of the forum. This is to prevent spam. Thank you.

You shouldn't be surprised by an ability coming off cooldown.

Having a stopcasting macro is useful but it's not really for canceling a spell, you'd most of the time be better off just completing the cast. Unless it's a 2 second focusing shot and you have enough focus for your explosive shot and you JUST started the cast, and then you could just sidestep it and cancel it with movement.

• Like 1

Please finish your sign up on the site, I've approved this comment this time, however if you don't confirm your email and complete the sign up process your comments will not be visible to the rest of the forum. This is to prevent spam. Thank you.

You shouldn't be surprised by an ability coming off cooldown.

Having a stopcasting macro is useful but it's not really for canceling a spell, you'd most of the time be better off just completing the cast. Unless it's a 2 second focusing shot and you have enough focus for your explosive shot and you JUST started the cast, and then you could just sidestep it and cancel it with movement.

I'd like to hear a more in depth answer to this question.  As survival, I'll use Cobra Shot when I'm low on focus and none of my abilities are off cooldown.  However, I'll start the cast and Lock and Load will proc, resetting the cooldown of Explosive shot.  Since the Lock and Load-Explosive shot's are free, and I won't need the focus gained from Cobra shot to cast them, would it be a dps increase for a stopcasting macro in this case?

It wouldn't, just finish the cast.  You'll still want the focus afterwards.

Besides, a stopcasting macro would mean that you either delay Explosive Shot (and stop your rotation) for a fraction of a secondin a lot of cycles because a Cobra Shot leads up to the Explosive Shot and you can't spam Explosive Shot before the CS shot finishes, forcing you into this little jerk-time of waiting for the cast to finish and then hitting the button. Your reaction time here is lost DPS.

What are your guys dps as SV hunter on what ilevel?

Im at 668 now, and on single target it seems im lacking a bit on dps (23-25k).

Just wondering what you guys are doing at certain ilevels.

670, doing 30k+ on most fights as TotH + Lone Wolf. My gear is cherry picked: I have 3 crafted items 665 ilvl that I rolled into having multistrike, and 3 PvP 660 ilvl items with multistrike. 

For Kargath and Butcher, I do around 25k dps depending on procs, on Brackenspore and Tectus it's more around 28-30k dps and on Twins I usually do around 27k dps.  This is with horribly itemized gear that you can see in my sig.