FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zGhos

Assassination Macro Help!

I have been messing around with creating a macro where Mutilate, Dispatch, and rupture are all on one key...and have had little success in creating one (although I'm new in macros relatively) The old macro I had been using looked like this..

/cast [nomod,stance:0/1/2/3] Mutilate

/cast [mod:shift,stance:0/1/2/3] Dispatch

/cast [mod:ctrl,stance:0/1/2/3] Rupture

I would like to be able to modify this macro so that dispatch automatically hits when It procs and at >35% health, as well as having rupture on a shift modification. If anyone could help me out with this...would be greatly appreciated! I think im losing a lot of dps by doing with the above macro setup. and want to clean up my rotation a bit

(I use the above macro for most my abilities. That current macro is set up on key "s" is this and ok efficient to set up my keybinds? any tips would be good) 

Thanks again! your friendly Ghos smile.png

Unfortunately the smart cast macro for Dispatch/Mutilate was broken as an exploit, and is no longer possible. You'll have to manually cast Dispatch when you see the opportunity now.

If you are comfortable with this setup and can do it without thinking, I would say continue. I've got Mutilate on 2, Dispatch on 3 and Rupture on 4 because that's how I originally laid out the abilities a long time ago and it's baked into my brain. I've got awkward keybinds that could be better, such as Cloak of Shadows being shift-7, but I won't change it because I can hit it on command without looking.

Such as Cloak of Shadows being shift-7, 

O.o my fingers can't reach that far lol

As Krush said, your keybinds should be something that you're comfortable with. For example, I have mine on 1-3, Shift 1-3, and Alt 1-3. They're set up by category - buttons I spam, buttons I press every once in a while but still regularly, and cooldowns. My non-dps abilities are set up on 4, R, F, V, C, X, my side mouse buttons, and various combinations of Shift and Alt for each. These are just what works for me, not necessarily what is best for everyone.

The only thing I could think of, is moving Dispatch ahead of Mutilate, and removing the modifier from it's /cast options, it will make the macro always try to do Dispatch before continuing, and if Dispatch isn't able to go off, it will do Mutilate instead (or should, in theory)

And on the topic of keybindings, I have..

1-4

ctrl 1-4 (i have a Deck compatc-keyboard, ctrl is easier to reach on it than alt is, normally it'd be alt 1-4)

F1-F5 (again, compact keyboard makes those very reachable)

and shift-macros for most of those.

I also have Mouse Scroll up and Down, shift macros for those, Mouse button 3 and a shift mouse button 3 keybind. the "back" button on the mouse (or wheel tilt left) is auto-run the forward button (or wheel tilt right) is an ability

For my rogue..

1. Mutilate 

2. Envenom

3. Dispatch

4. Throw

Ctrl 2. Silce and Dice 

Ctrl 3. Recuperate

Ctrl 4. Racial

Z. Combat Rediness(+shift=blind)

X. Gouge(+shift=kidney shot)

F. Feint

V. Kick

Wheel scroll up: Fan of Knives(+shift=Dismantle)

Wheel scroll down: Cloak of Shadows(+shift=evasion)

F1. Sprint 

F2. Stealth

F3. Burst of Speed or Shadowstep

F4. Smoke Bomb

Shift-1. Tricks of the Trade

Shift-2: Crimson Tempest

Shift-3: Shroud of Concealment

Shift-4: Shiv

Mouse button 5(forward/tilt wheel right): Rupture (+shift=vendetta)

Edited by Amathor

The only thing I could think of, is moving Dispatch ahead of Mutilate, and removing the modifier from it's /cast options, it will make the macro always try to do Dispatch before continuing, and if Dispatch isn't able to go off, it will do Mutilate instead (or should, in theory)

No it won't, even if Dispatch is unavailable, meaning the targets health is above 35% and you don't have a proc, then the macro still tries to cast Dispatch and fails, it never moves onto the Mutilate line.

This is because it treats dispatch the same as a Global Cooldown Active spell with a cooldown.  If you try to macro a spell on the global cooldown with another spell on the global cooldown, even if the first spell is on cooldown and so can't be cast, the macro still tries to cast it and fails. 

Because of the games engine, once a macro attempts to cast a global cooldown spell, the macro stops executing and will not go further, so even though the spell fails because its on cooldown, or in the case of Dispatch it is not available because the requirements have been met, the macro has attempted to cast it, and as such execution of the macro stops.

Previously this was able to be gotten around with macros containing code such as:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Mutilate
/castsequence Dispatch

On the first click if it would attempt to cast dispatch and fail, because of the 0, in front of Mutilate, if you pressed the button a second time within 0.3 of a second it would attempt to cast Mutilate as the sequence had moved to the second spell which was Mutilate.

My understanding though is this fuctionality was removed by blizzard in 6.0.2 because it is an obvious exploit and causing the game to behave in a manner not intended by the designers.  I do not use macros such as these so I can not confirm if the functionility is disabled or not, I simply know how they worked because of my programming background.

Edited by LunaEclipse

Thanks for the responses! sorry I haven't gotten back sooner to reply. I guess I can see why they would of removed such a macro from the game. Guess my next question would be was it actually removed as being an exploit?? After doing some looking around I found people using a script software (autohotkey) to basically do the same as the macro above would. It will look to hit another key then hit the key you have keybinded. So if I have mutilate on key "S" and Dispatch on key "z" then it basically will look to hit Z then S simultaneously. So it goes ZS, ZS, ZS. Just want some clarification on whether it is legal or not before I try using it.

Hope everyone is enjoying warlords! :)

Thanks for the responses! sorry I haven't gotten back sooner to reply. I guess I can see why they would of removed such a macro from the game. Guess my next question would be was it actually removed as being an exploit?? After doing some looking around I found people using a script software (autohotkey) to basically do the same as the macro above would. It will look to hit another key then hit the key you have keybinded. So if I have mutilate on key "S" and Dispatch on key "z" then it basically will look to hit Z then S simultaneously. So it goes ZS, ZS, ZS. Just want some clarification on whether it is legal or not before I try using it.

Hope everyone is enjoying warlords! smile.png

No, this isn't legal. Any program that presses keys for you is considered exploiting