FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gahhda

IRC

Reality check, forums are awesome, but they're highly limited. IRC is a convenient way to disseminate information. A large number of other classes have hopped on the IRC hype train, trying to get warlocks on board.

I'm not saying I'll personally start an irc, or maintain/moderate it, I have no idea how this is going to play out as of right now. I just know someone should.

I've got a few ideas for names:

http://strawpoll.me/2924737/

If you have a suggestion for a name you think is better, post away. That's what the monk irc and myself came up with in about 5 minutes.

Oh awesome. I had been speaking with a few guys about setting one up but I haven't the foggiest idea about how it works. I got stuck at making an account and logging in yesterday and gave up.

Oh awesome. I had been speaking with a few guys about setting one up but I haven't the foggiest idea about how it works. I got stuck at making an account and logging in yesterday and gave up.

Group effort, I don't have the time nor means to maintain an IRC. I'll gladly contribute, but we need multiple people all putting in effort to make it work smile.png.

Edited by gahhda

IRC isn't a big deal.

For example I have an IRC client that is on 24/7. You can get "bouncers" which basically idle in channels indefinitely 

Just get one of these and setup the channel name, and then it cant be taken from you. I'd definitly connect to the channel and hang around alright, I typically have a few channels on the go at any given time for wow 

Oh man, Its been forever since I used IRC. Great resource for just shootin the shit and class discussions. Do people still use mIRC or is there a more convenient web based tool now?

Don't know much about IRC but how hard can it be. It sounds like a pretty good idea and between my busy work/class schedule, I'd be down to help make this thing work.  I'm sure I'm no less busy or capable than others.  Let's see how this thread takes off.