FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Edo

Prot and haste

This is kind of rambling here, I was just thinking about this and figured I'd type out what I was thinking.

Just curious if anyone has actually done any testing with haste.

Just doing some quick napkin math, if I go from zero haste to enough haste to get shield slam down to five seconds, I go from being able to have six shield slams in 30 seconds to seven.

Assuming no sword and board procs and no overpowers, that means i go from getting 120 rage to 140, which is 16.6% more rage.

That doesn't seem like an insignificant amount.  I assume I must be missing something or did something wrong.

What you're missing is the fact that in order to get to that level of haste, you're losing out on all of the rage you would have otherwise gotten from mastery (crit blocks) and from crit itself. Further, haste has no direct defensive benefit. Mastery will give you rage generation AND damage reduction via better blocks. Crit will give you more rage via Enrage procs AND damage reduction through parry. Haste gives a bit more rage, but not on the scale that mastery or haste will. It's not that haste is bad for prot, it isn't, it's just that we have several better options.

Yeah, I realized that about 15 minutes after I posted it, but didn't get a chance to post something saying please ignore me, I'm silly.

No worries! It's a legitimate question and, in isolation, it would be worthwhile. Just not so much in context.