FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wobrig

Loot change

Hi guys,

I don't know if I had a dream about this or if its actually true.

In WoD gear will change when you change spec? Is this true?

If it is true then that means we dont need to carry off spec sets if running something like druid or monk with int and agi specs.

were im now confused if the above is true is how does that work on Loot from bosses that says it is a set stat.

As I said at the start im now thinking I had some odd dream about a loot system that doesn't exist yet. biggrin.png

Dont know if the loot system will change or not, have heard (on the chatt in game i think it was so dont know if how correct it is) that you/the rl can choose if what type of loost system you want, if you want individual or not. About the stats on gear changing acording to spec I have read that to, so its not a dream..Im not entierly sure on how it actally works thu.

Well thats good that im not going completely mad biggrin.png   The reason I starting to think it may of been a dream was when I saw loot from a boss being a set main stat. I would of though it the main stat was to change the loot would be set armor type and second stats then the main stat would change depending on your spec needs.  

Definitely do change with spec: Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Hands, Legs.

Definitely don't change with spec: Rings, Neck, Trinkets

I'm not sure but I'd guess no: Weapons,

I also don't know about belts and bracers.

Just to clarify one point from above. I recently got a ring which does change depending on the class/spec, however only the primary stat changes. So you could get a ring which depending on your class could have int/agi, int/str or str/agi. however the secondary stats do not change on any gear except possibly tier.

so a tank ring with bonus armor may have str/agi in the primary stat therefore making it useful for any tank class (and thus more likely to be useful to someone in your raid) but the bonus armor secondary stat will not change with spec so if you give that ring to your DK tank, it won't then be useful for them in their dps spec.

For the 5 core slots though they will change with spec. Tier gear changes set bonuses, and possibly secondaries also depending on your spec. If you play something like a holy/ret paladin at the very minimum your 5 primary slots will swap from str to int when you change specs. but secondary stats do not change with spec (which is only an issue in the case of rings, necks, and trinkets).

You can tell if a particular piece is one that will change with spec because it will have all primary stats listed on the item, but the stats that aren't your current primary stat will be grayed out.