FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pingouin7

Assurance of Consequence and Ticking Ebon Detonator

According to the WW Monk gearing up guide page, Ticking Ebon Detonator would be a better choice than Assurance of Consequence.

But I'm wondering, why exactly is it better to use Ticking Ebon Detonator with Haromm's Talisman instead of Assurance of Consequence? The guide just says that it's better and that Windwalker Monks don't benefit from Assurance as much as the other agility DPS classes.

However, AskMrRobot also ranks any tier of Assurance of Consequence much higher than even Mythic Ticking Ebon Detonator.

Is the extra mastery along with the agility proc actually much better than being able to use Energizing Brew and Fists of Fury more often?

I'm asking mainly because I just got Ticking Ebon Detonator from Heroic Blackfuse and thought it was pointless, but then I saw that Icy Veins says Ticking Ebon Detonator + Haromm's Talisman is the best combo.

(I'm also interested in the fact I would be able to keep on using it in WoD without getting reduced effectiveness, unlike Assurance of Consequence. tongue.png)

Edited by Pingouin7

According to the WW Monk gearing up guide page, Ticking Ebon Detonator would be a better choice than Assurance of Consequence.

But I'm wondering, why exactly is it better to use Ticking Ebon Detonator with Haromm's Talisman instead of Assurance of Consequence? The guide just says that it's better and that Windwalker Monks don't benefit from Assurance as much as the other agility DPS classes.

However, AskMrRobot also ranks any tier of Assurance of Consequence much higher than even Mythic Ticking Ebon Detonator.

Is the extra mastery along with the agility proc actually much better than being able to use Energizing Brew and Fists of Fury more often?

I'm asking mainly because I just got Ticking Ebon Detonator from Heroic Blackfuse and thought it was pointless, but then I saw that Icy Veins says Ticking Ebon Detonator + Haromm's Talisman is the best combo.

(I'm also interested in the fact I would be able to keep on using it in WoD without getting reduced effectiveness, unlike Assurance of Consequence. tongue.png)

As per my understanding, AoC IS a good choice for WW monks because Fists of Fury (one of the affected abilities by the cdr) is now a dps gain, whileas before the patch (in 5.4.8) it was not, which devauled AoC for WW.  Now with the cdr for FoF and that FoF is good to use, AoC's value goes up.

AoC is now better than TeD now that it affects FoF, this was most likely an oversight.

As you level the CDR is diminished greatly after lvl 90 so it may be likely that TeD will become "better" as you level.

Either way WoD is next week and we should replace alot of this gear while lvling and the guide will be updated once we are at lvl100 and WoD is live.