Forager

Expertise:?!? on BM hunter yes or no ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi i would like to ask do i need to cap my Expertise on my BM hunter... i have been looking around the internet and most sites say yes but i try using "Reforgelite" addon and it keeps ripping all my Expertise off my gear i am playing just now as close to the cap as i can but really don't know if a should be ?

if yes could someone help me out with the number i would need for a dwarf hunter (with 1% Expertise buff)

thanks for reading any help much appreciated

Forager

http://eu.battle.net...orager/advanced

Is this true for PVP BM Hunters? Ask Mr Robot says I don't need Exp for PVP, yet most other forums/sites around suggest at least 3% expertise for PVP.

Is this true for PVP BM Hunters? Ask Mr Robot says I don't need Exp for PVP, yet most other forums/sites around suggest at least 3% expertise for PVP.

You do need at least 3%, yes. Mr. Robot seems to say as much on their PvP priority, as far as I can tell. :)

I'll look into it. Thanks :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shayed
      New to survival hunter and wondering what the best spec (ie. Ferocity, Tenacity, or Cunning) is best for a pet in raid situations?
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Hunter Barnes Midrange Standard deck.
    • By Kharth
      I know the Vulnerable debuff increases damage of Marked Shot and Aimed Shot 150%. I'm using Pantient Sniper? talent. What I am wondering is when I cast Aimed/Marked Shot does the buff have to be active on target when the shot is fired or hits the target to do the increased damage? I can get 2 shots off in time but if I am at a farther range it doesn't always land with the debuff up. I tried to check it during invasions and dungeons but can't reliably tell.
    • By Boxcarracer1478
      All,
      I have been working on a formulation for the best DH Havoc stat weights. As it stands, I have it at:
      Agility = 2.0 Crit = .7 Versatility = .6 Haste = .52 Mastery = .5 I will be updating with edits, and the reasoning behind edits. As it stands right now, I am pulling ~30-40k DPS in ilvl 690 gear. Will update as that increases and all slots are optimized, but for the most part, they all follow this matrix. 
    • By GreekGods
      I have had some discussion with other druid friends of mine on this topic, of stat priority, and everyone seems to have a different opinion, most of this is due to the lack of an artifact weapon and balancing being around 110 and not being fine-tuned yet. This is for raiding and only raiding M+ dungeons and pvp are not a concern of mine, though I know at the current state in the beta M+ dungeons will be required for raiders trying to be competitive.
      My thoughts are this: Intellect>Haste>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility
      Intellect is every caster top stat.
      Haste scales with almost every ability, and lowers GCD and cast times for that spam that is so important for druid.
      Mastery and Critical Strike is where the talk begin. Many say crit is better including the guide on this site. But for me I find that to be untrue, though numbers can't be produced b/c of balancing not being done, mechanically I just feel like mastery will be better for most raid fights that aren't just constant raid damage over the entire fight. 
      My thought process on this is with say 20-30% mastery for each HoT spell on the target increase it by that much. I believe mastery scales in 100%+20%(Mastery)*# of Hots, but I may be wrong please correct if so. So saying you need to keep 3-5 people alive with debuff you can keep up Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Germination, and Regrowth up on those targets with maybe a little help from flourish to keep those rolling that mastery is going to be a bigger increase that critical strike. 
      I do believe critical strike will over take mastery on fights where damage is constantly going out on the entire raid at all times just b/c you can't get enough hots on one target for mastery to be better than critical strike. Though on fights where the damage is very bursting the 3 min cds of all your healers will be in play and you aren't going to be doing that much with that extra critical strike.
      Then Versatility b/c its not all that useful in small quantities until you have enough of the other stats.

Please correct any mistakes that I may have made, or any flawed logic. This may just be up to healing style and talents choices also but I just feel from a healing lead stand point mastery is more useful to me that critical strike.

-Greek

Edit: Just as a note mastery also scales up tranquility when people have HoTs on them so using HoTs on targets like melee/ranged that you know will take more damage from certain mechanics you can pre-hot into flourish to get better tranqs off.