FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
XyionUK

Some help selecting my Healer for Draenor

Hi guys,

I have a Druid, Priest, Paladin and a Monk all essentially ready for when Draenor launches I am having a difficult time deciding which one to role. They all are essentially pretty fun to play in there own right struggling to find a way to choose one over the other, I found I played best on my Druid and did worst on my Paladin but I don't mind the challenge to get better with any particular class, I have yet to raid on my Monk so I have no idea what that is going to be like.

I was just wondering if you could help at all to categorize the healers or offer anything because I am stumped I think I have asked myself all the right questions. I am often getting told by my buddies that Paladins are currently the worst but I don't know this for sure.

tl:dr: Please help me decide which class to role please. (Wish I could explain this quicker)

Thanks for any advice :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I have a Druid, Priest, Paladin and a Monk all essentially ready for when Draenor launches I am having a difficult time deciding which one to role. They all are essentially pretty fun to play in there own right struggling to find a way to choose one over the other, I found I played best on my Druid and did worst on my Paladin but I don't mind the challenge to get better with any particular class, I have yet to raid on my Monk so I have no idea what that is going to be like.

I was just wondering if you could help at all to categorize the healers or offer anything because I am stumped I think I have asked myself all the right questions. I am often getting told by my buddies that Paladins are currently the worst but I don't know this for sure.

tl:dr: Please help me decide which class to role please. (Wish I could explain this quicker)

Thanks for any advice smile.png

This is an answer you're going to hate (or most likely will), but it's the best answer out there: Play whatever you feel most comfortable playing, since you state that all three are fun.  I haven't looked specifically at which healers are "best", so I would also consider what your guild needs.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm going to piggy back here  :*(     You really should play what is most fun to you.   If all things are equal then of course choose Priest... they offer two different healing specs!

God damn you! xD 

I think I am most comfortable on my Druid - but a friend of mine has just decided to roll a Resto Druid, so I think he'd be a bit miffed if I rolled the same char. So it's probably going to be the Priest I guess, no doubt I'll level them all! xD

• Like 1

I'd roll a Discipline Priest, or Holly pally. 'Dem absorbs, though. I do enjoy playing my resto druid, but I seem to play better with a healer class that deals with absorbs, such as the Discipline priest/Holy pally.

Definitely priest. My favorite thing in the game is DK tanking . . . but my second favorite thing in the game is priest healing.

• Like 2

Definitely priest. My favorite thing in the game is DK tanking . . . but my second favorite thing in the game is priest healing.

I knew we would get along just fine....   down with you changing your mind!  I did not use my time during dinner efficiently enough or else you'd be back to the Priest Forums!

• Like 1

It was a complicated decision process. Nobody seems to need a DK tank these days, even though I've ranked top 20 on almost every single fight since ToT at one point or another. so then instead of switching to DK dps which was lackluster in SoO, I was going to go back to my trusty old priest (First alt I ever made, and my main in Wrath), but then they really buffed DK dps, and I decided to stay DK again because I have all the reps, some toy type items that won't transfer like the dark portal hearth, and now my name is Storm (thanks to me striking up a conversation with an awesome GM at the customer service booth at Blizzcon)

But Mendenbarr's dps wasn't doing too great in the live raid, if my dps is lackluster when I get into raiding I may make a main swap early on in the first tier.

It was a complicated decision process. Nobody seems to need a DK tank these days, even though I've ranked top 20 on almost every single fight since ToT at one point or another. so then instead of switching to DK dps which was lackluster in SoO, I was going to go back to my trusty old priest (First alt I ever made, and my main in Wrath), but then they really buffed DK dps, and I decided to stay DK again because I have all the reps, some toy type items that won't transfer like the dark portal hearth, and now my name is Storm (thanks to me striking up a conversation with an awesome GM at the customer service booth at Blizzcon)

But Mendenbarr's dps wasn't doing too great in the live raid, if my dps is lackluster when I get into raiding I may make a main swap early on in the first tier.

Whenever I raid lead, I always try to make sure to get a DK tank; They're my most favorite tank, with the paladin tank coming in second.

Paladin is my favorite class to have tanking with me. It seems like between a DK and Paladin at least one of them is always OP for the fight.

• Like 2