FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock Leveling Poll

How are you leveling this week?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I found that demonology was really quick and easy leveling up until about 96 at 587 i lvl, after that though it started to slow down and pulling multiple mobs lead to more deaths, I switched to destruction and things were easy again.

I think with all of demo's Insta casts it pulls ahead in the beginning when mobs are dropping like flies, but when you start getting to tougher mobs where your gear level isn't carrying you it's better to be destruction for the healing, shadowburns, and havocing.

I'm planning to level as Demo because I specced out of Destro and want to keep it that way for awhile.

Going to be going demo and destro. If I get to something where I can just mad AoE-pull and nuke it down, I'll be going with demo since with the glyph you get to the point where everything you kill restores fury and health at a high rate. If I get to stuff that's spread out, it'll likely be destro just for the lack of resource concern through Shadowburn.

• Like 1

I'm gonna run as demo since I'm feeling confident with destruction it will be fun to see the demon a bit more. But I do love the shadowburn sniping destruction gives.

I haven't rly figured out what garrisons to go for that will be more beneficial for raiding, any of u have? And the mats for it how will they be obtained?

Tapping still exists. See Gulp Frogs.

Rare mobs and world bosses are faction wide now, however.

Unless there's a change this is how I understand that.

In any case even if mobs are all faction tap, that makes multi-tapping even more beneficial as you'll be able to sit there, corruption everything in sight and let everyone else kill for you. 

For what it is worth, elvinelol.com has a couple good looking speed leveling guides.  The Horde one in particular seems solid, with maps to treasures which give XP, quick bonus objective areas, etc.

As for the garrison, everything I've read is that expanding it in pace with your levelilng is definitely the way to go both for materials (gotta get almost 5k asap for the first step on the "legendary" ring questline), gold, etc.

27 Demo, 15 Destro, 0 Affliction.  Not quite the variance I was expecting.  Interesting - thanks all for voting!

I'm a little late to the party, and Warlock will only be my 2nd or 3rd alt when I get around to it, but I love questing as affliction.

Unstable affliction pull > start running to the next mob > instant cast agony and corruption on the first mob > pull second mob with unstable affliction > first mob dies.

If it's an elite I throw in a haunt and drain soul and it's dead.

It feels like a really efficient way to quest, but it could just be because I've never quested any other way with a lock.

I'm a little late to the party, and Warlock will only be my 2nd or 3rd alt when I get around to it, but I love questing as affliction.

Unstable affliction pull > start running to the next mob > instant cast agony and corruption on the first mob > pull second mob with unstable affliction > first mob dies.

If it's an elite I throw in a haunt and drain soul and it's dead.

It feels like a really efficient way to quest, but it could just be because I've never quested any other way with a lock.

DoTs do garbage damage now.  Most damage is tied into keeping Haunt up as much as possible or using Haunt as a burst spell.  With the fall off of Soul Shard generation, most Aff Warlocks will pull a lot of stuff and have no way to survive as they go 'shit, my DoTs suck' and things wail on them.  By the time you spent 3 globals applying DoTs and having a mob at 80%, Destruction cast Incinerate twice and then Shadowburned or Demonology used ToC 3x and regained all DF spent.  With the changes to Affliction, I don't see it performing at even 50% of what Destro or Demo could in capable hands.

Going to be going demo and destro. If I get to something where I can just mad AoE-pull and nuke it down, I'll be going with demo since with the glyph you get to the point where everything you kill restores fury and health at a high rate. If I get to stuff that's spread out, it'll likely be destro just for the lack of resource concern through Shadowburn.

This is the plan I was going to use.  Just going to be minimizing how much I have to switch and I mean both specs are viable so really irrelevant.

Going Destro all the way.  Two words.....Fire & Brimstone.......

You'll be better off using those Embers on Chaos Bolt.  In order for FnB to be Ember-neutral in that you gain back what you spend, you need to hit 6+ targets.  That rarely happens while questing.

Gonna level as Demon, Since i play'd destro throughout MoP. And was starting to getting boring.. changed to Demon and finally discovered the fun out of a Lock :D   migth try AFF every now and then for the change and learning something new ;)

Every time I see a destruction warlock at a tag competing busy spot dropping rain of fire I smile, I know I'm not going to competing with them for any of the tags and I'll be done before they even get one.

Demo all the way, even without fast and reliable quick tagging, demonic leap is too good for too many situations while leveling (getting to the new tag that just spawned faster, jumping off cliffs and using it before landing to not take fall dmg).

Empowered Doom @ 92....Empowered Corruption @ 94...

Not winning.

Things die before those even tick once or twice.

Oh well.  Onward and upward when servers come back on.

Might be worth 40% of your first level which should be equivalent to like 30 minutes of WoD questing.  Up to you.  Pretty sure the blues said it'd be more beneficial to min/max garrison materials while leveling instead of trying to get to 100 fastest.  Skipping 50% of the first level might cost you some materials.  Shouldn't be too impactful either way.

In hindsight, it was worth probably 8 hours of leveling on Mal'ganis :-) 

OT:  Leveling as demo, because that is what I intend to play this xpac.

Edited by Scathbais

I actually started out as affliction just because I'd been raiding with it in 6.0 since it was op as hell on the short duration burst fights of post 6.0 soo.  And also, why not?  Honestly it worked fine.  The intro mobs were killed off simply by running around and tab targeting corruption+agony x50.

I've switched at 92 however and demo is definitely far better suited, and more fun.  Hell the wrathguard does most of the work by himself.

Also considering the amount of verticality I'm seeing so far in the WoD zones, glyph of falling meteor is going to be VERY convenient at times.

Also considering the amount of verticality I'm seeing so far in the WoD zones, glyph of falling meteor is going to be VERY convenient at times.

I considered dropping engineering, but glider has proved extremely useful in Frostfire Ridge.

It takes about 5 seconds to activate however because of the lag, so I have died once or twice :)

• Like 1

I started levelling as demo, but due to the lag on Oceanic realms (and everywehre) my wrathguard actually stood still, lagged and I ended up outrunning it, therfore despawning it and it taking 5 minutes to recast.  Ended up destro from about 92-100.

I need to change my choice to the queue spec. I've been in server queue for 3 hours and have probably 2 hours to go, yet they claimed they "dramatically" raised server caps.

• Like 1