FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock Leveling Poll

How are you leveling this week?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really enjoyed leveling as demo, no regrets there. Now trying to get as much gear as possible as soon as possible so we can start challange modes. By the way when did/do you guys decide to drop a piece of loot like PBI ? Currently i'm not sure if I should even drop it before the first raid comes out. Dont seem to find a solid second one.

I dropped PBI instantly as it has reduced effectiveness from 91+, and 2 min ICD is kind of meh for levelling, much prefer RPPM.

I broke my 4 set after I had two 600+ items, might not have been most effective, but I went from 598 to 633 in a day of heroics so wasn't a huge deal.

Went from 90 to 100 completely as demo, was fun as most mobs died from only corruption, HoG and a bit cuddling with my felguards weapon. If not for the lags/server caps I could have been to 100 a day earlier, sat out the complete friday because of an 7+ hour queue. Now after trying I must say demonbolt is a beast. I´m always trying in dungeons to pool fury before a boss and then shoot through the roof^^.

leveling as destro currently.  i feel like i have better control of my surroundings and don't sweat overpulls.

will likely raid as destron too. 

Demo was rrally nice for several reasons.

#1: Leap. Incredibly useful getting around in the world.

#2: Glyph of Soul Consumption works really well with it. Killing blows in meta not only giving you fury but also healing you 15% of your health let's you do some more risky pulls as when you're focusing mobs down and making sure you get as many killing blows as you can (pet doesn't count). The combined effect makes you basically never run dry on DF of health.

#3: Pulling a lot of stuff very quickly. Manno's with Immo Aura is great to quickly get a tag on a lot of mobs and/or killing blows (see #2).

#4: Good burst on multiple targets. Wrathstorm and Chaos Wave are great things. I spent the whole time pulling 5-10 mobs at a time, getting them close together, and dropping them very quickly.

The only things I went destro for were in Nagrand. One of the first quest had me killing things so spread out there was no way to keep DF between. The same thing went for Ring of Trials. Everything else was Demo.

Demo was rrally nice for several reasons.

#1: Leap. Incredibly useful getting around in the world.

Oh man, Leaping off of a mountain cliff with the Meteor glyph is amazeballs!

Oh man, Leaping off of a mountain cliff with the Meteor glyph is amazeballs!

Until you kill something and forget you don't have 50 DF before jumping.

• Like 1

Until you kill something and forget you don't have 50 DF before jumping.

That's what a Soulstone is for!

That's what a Soulstone is for!

Sometimes I feel like they should just change Soulstone's tooltip to say "Oops."

I'm a big fan of Shadowburn and using Havoc to take out a 100% mob with a mob sub 20%.  Ember Tap, if healing is required at all, is also huge.  Also, just in case they DON'T revert Demo nerfs, I don't want to fall in love with it and not be able to use it at 100 sad.png

i tell ya...embertap is shit now lol. i barely see my hp bar move when i use it...coupled with the shit ember regen i see where destro lost out a bit. However, im with you. Still prefer destro at this moment. Demo is still too complex for what you get out of it. Not saying its really complex, but for what you get out of it its not worth it to me. As for aff...i really really wish it would be better than destro, because i prefer that a lot more.

I think the deal with ember tap is that they probably want destro locks to take searing flames...however, soul leech is just so much better. Im almost considering i just removing the keybind for a different spell right now i find it so useless.

The movement issue with destro is something im practically used to already.

Edited by vaeevictiss

I've abandoned all Tier 1 talents except for Dark Regeneration with a glyphed Healthstone.  It's the only true recovery mechanism that feels like it does any effective healing.  It's been fantastic for Challenge Modes which are the closest thing to raiding we have.