FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Heroics and Challenge Modes

I am going to stream Heroic Chaining and probably a CM tonight(11/16), 7est or earlier if my tank logs in.

I will upload some of the dungeons to YouTube on Tuesday if you can't make it.

How have you found Disc vs Holy for your 5 mans?

I have found that provided the tank and dps werent dropped on their heads as children that Disc has been easier to manage overall compared to holy.

If however the tank and dps were in fact dropped on their head then the disc topup is atrocious compared to holy a.k.a "the burst heal oom machine".

I ran 5 Heroics last night all as Disc and was a lot happier than I was in their last iteration that I experienced on Beta.  Everything was managable in mismatched pvp/pve gear @612iLvl.  Granted I did run with guild only groups.  I havent edited the streams from twitch yet, I plan to do that on Tues and upload a cleaner version of each instance to YouTube but if you do desire they are there. 

As for comparing it to Holy, I'll be chain running Heroics again tonight as Holy.  I didn't pick up many pcs so I'll be starting in Holy at 618 iLvl.  I'll be able to give you a more exact answer tonight on which spec feels better at maintaining a Heroic 5man at the min iLvl.

I did some heroics of my own in a guild group last night at 603ilvl and finished at 620ish.

Disc is great provided i could keep on top of my bubbles, but once trouble strikes the topup healing was hard.

I feel we are going to be amazing tank healers and will leave the raid healing to the monks and druids.

As for holy, i tried it and i either am super terrrible at it or it really is a super burst oom machine at that gear level.

Im not going to lie, i attempted the Proving grounds as holy first and failed silver then went disc and it was a piece of cake.

How is everyone's experience with discipline in 5m content?

I ended up having to play discipline this coming raid tier, but have not yet gauged the spec, playing it safe with holy.

BTW, if you happen to have you old tier 16 pieces, do yourself a favor and use the t16 2pc for holy as you gear up. You're going to be casting FH a lot and a double GH is phenomenal following that.

I started doing heroics as holy and didn't have any issues with it (healing and mana). Also did my proving grounds as holy. 

Attempted CMs as holy and couldn't do it. Ended up going disc and finished skyreach and SMV burial ground.

Any update on when yT videos will be available? =D

I have some vids ready, just need to stop playing long enough to put titles and annotations on.  If they are not on tonight, they will be tomorrow.

@Sparklymilk:

I have noticed such a large difference in Holy from the Beta til now.  I have done about 10 Heroics as Disc and 3 as Holy and I just feel less confident now than I did two months ago.  I definitely was pushed more as Holy than I was as Disc in Heorics.  In CMs I did Skyreach as Disc.  One shot bosses 1, 3, 4 but #2 took it out of me.  I was ill-prepared to handle the second boss with Clarity of Will and no Fade Glyph.  We eventually got him but am looking forward to carrying Holy as my offspec in advance before the next trip in there to give Holy a shot on that boss.   Ouch. 

I'm slowly getting the vids from this week uploaded to YouTube.  So far the first on the list is The Everbloom Challenge Mode.  The twitch feeds have been highlighted so you don't have to thumb through the entirety of my gaming session.  Each highlight should be a different Heroic dungeon run.

Enjoy!

Condensed vid of the how to obtain Leroy Jenkins as a follower in your Garrison....  and enjoy all the parts of the world that are in my guild mumble! lol

• Like 1

So far I've had most success running Clarity of Will in CM for L100.  Anyone else find better results with another talent?  The only fight I've come across so far that WoM would have fit better on was the second boss in Skyreach. 

I do not have a Skyreach CM vid but I do have a non-gold Iron Docks that I will put up in the next two days.

Are you running disc? I ran iron docks last night mostly as disc, but I ended up having to go holy for that fight with 3 guys and bombs and traps. But I think ive been having so much trouble cuz of my prot pally tank (taking an average of 100k damage). As soon as I switched the tank to prot warrior, were able to 4 man the last boss.... (prot pally went ret and died 30s into fight...)

• Like 1

Yes, running them all as Disc currently.  The one that gave me the most problem to this point is the Second Boss in Skyreach CM. I'm interested to see how that handles as Holy.

To your difficulties with Iron Dock last boss, yes, based on the fact that he died quickly as DPS and tank, he was prob the issue.

How is everyone's experience with discipline in 5m content?

I ended up having to play discipline this coming raid tier, but have not yet gauged the spec, playing it safe with holy.

BTW, if you happen to have you old tier 16 pieces, do yourself a favor and use the t16 2pc for holy as you gear up. You're going to be casting FH a lot and a double GH is phenomenal following that.

I ran some(~10) as Disc 5 heroic and some(~5) as Holy when I chained them the first day of 100.  Disc has been my preferred spec.  There are definitely advantages of both specs and I'll admit that Holy, there is just something about being able to recover all those green bars so quick!  It has not been enough for me to make a full time commitment to it while helping the guildies gear up.

Im going to try cms as holy with the prot warrior and see that is smile.png

GL and let us know which bosses went well as Holy and which didn't.  A heads up, take Disc and Holy in as your specs since you cannot change talents or glyphs while you are in there, you might find one spec to be dead in the water w/ your makeup and want to give the other a try.  Heck, even two Holy specs w/ different talents and glyphs.

GL!

Did CM iron docks last night as holy, 606 item level, and dps trinkets because apparently there are no healing trinkets in draenor. Pretty tough, but manageable, 1st and 2nd bosses were worst by far, the rest wasn't bad. Imagine it would be far easier with 630 ilvl.

• Like 1