FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Heroics and Challenge Modes

Gwen, an info about your Rogue: what spec was he/she running, could you give some insights about his/her performance and healing needs?

Hi lipsinch, I was assassin at the time of this video,  

• Like 2

Hi lipsinch, I was assassin at the time of this video,  

:P

Thanks Enk!  As far as dmg as melee he took very little damage as you can see in the vid.  The only times he ran into trouble was double ogre smash leading to the bridge and the wolf cleave.  It was pretty early on in attempts in this dungeon but both abilities are avoidable.  Other than those two though I think it actually depends on the player not the class for taking damage in melee.

• Like 1

Re:Kyrak -

What Gwen said. Our group comp was blood dk, assassination rogue, Frost mage and ret pally (with me as disc) . We chained smoke bomb to barrier to pain suppression to all the dk's cds, and 1 shot the boss. It basically comes down to burning the adds down (lust on pull) then managing interrupts, cleanses and offensive dispels.

tongue.png

Thanks Enk!  As far as dmg as melee he took very little damage as you can see in the vid.  The only times he ran into trouble was double ogre smash leading to the bridge and the wolf cleave.  It was pretty early on in attempts in this dungeon but both abilities are avoidable.  Other than those two though I think it actually depends on the player not the class for taking damage in melee.

Do you believe this CM season is way less punishing for melee as it was in Pandaria?

And thanks Enkiden!

Edited by lipsinch

I've only beaten one Challege Mode on my Disc Priest and thats Grimrail Depot had a real nice team and CC and all that jazz. But every time I try and do UBRS I fail all the time, I can do the first boss then the second I just choke like I can't do it at all. I get put off doing CM as I tend to get raged at all the time when it fails, I don't have a guild or anything so I go in with Randoms.

I think managing my cooldowns is better and I've only just changed to Clarity of Will, I was using Words Of Mending to help with AoE. I've watched the above video of UBRS first boss although it was successful it looked nowhere near comfortable it looked almost identical to my run. I've watched a few streams and other classes seem to be handling it much more comfortably, so I'm not going to bash the Priest class as I'm sure there is much I need to learn but are Priests struggling at the moment?

I agree the attempt above was sloppy. It was just more of an immediate strat change than a gold medal attempt. Personally I do not believe Priests are in a bad place (i may be biased, perhaps i should get a pallies opinion, lol) . I will concede that at lower ilvls every medal group wants a druid atm. Ive completed all the CMs with PI spec and SS spec and both work well. I just prefer the PI spec slightly more atm. Both specs carry the Clarity L100 though and withdmg spread as it is now, I feel most comfortable keeping the tank up with it over bouncing more PoMs.

6 Highmaul Kill Highlights ready on the Twitch Channel and 3 new YouTube vids up. 2 Holy, 7 Disc

Hadn't realized this thread fell off. 

Going to declined pinning this one and will instead pin an all Gold version for CMs.  These were all posted pre-raid launch.  Until then I'll keep this bumped once a week.  All CMs and Heroics have been Highlighted on the Twitch and/or YouTube links listed below at this point.