FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lipsinch

Gear Changepoints

Hello fellow mateys!

I've been raiding past expac and chunked in some good N gear. Now that I'm leveling my lovely Rogue, I'm being faced with the new items and now I'm in doubt of when to change what. I took teh risk on doing few pieces by myself, but currently I'm unsure of what to use or if I should give up on certain pieces, given that we have a lot more of secondary stats and it's too damn early to set up for weights, plus most gear currently being greens.

Currently I'm running on Sub, and still using my T16 raid gear, due to a bunch of slots and stats (agi > mast). Do you guys have any suggestions of what to change? Feels so strange giving up on slots to equip something just because of higher iLevel.

Thanks!

Edit:

Her face, if anything.

Edited by lipsinch

Higher ilevel items give more Agi, which means that it's more than likely an upgrade for you. The other benefit to replacing all of your SoO gear once you hit 100 is that you'll have the item level to run Heroics - you need to get 610, which means that all of the precious epics have to go. Also, AoC got WAY nerfed after level 90, so replacing that asap is a really good idea

The following graph for Stat Weights is taken from the mmo-c thread where Ryme did all his SimCraft work.

As you can see, Agi is far and away the most valuable stat for all Rogues, with weapon DPS following closely behind.Other than that, Mastery and Multistrike have approximately equal value, with Crit and Versatility being our next best options. Haste takes up last place now, which is kind of irritating and makes Rogue feel very slow, but that should improve with a little more gear

826o1HO.png

Higher ilevel items give more Agi, which means that it's more than likely an upgrade for you. The other benefit to replacing all of your SoO gear once you hit 100 is that you'll have the item level to run Heroics - you need to get 610, which means that all of the precious epics have to go. Also, AoC got WAY nerfed after level 90, so replacing that asap is a really good idea

The following graph for Stat Weights is taken from the mmo-c thread where Ryme did all his SimCraft work.

As you can see, Agi is far and away the most valuable stat for all Rogues, with weapon DPS following closely behind.Other than that, Mastery and Multistrike have approximately equal value, with Crit and Versatility being our next best options. Haste takes up last place now, which is kind of irritating and makes Rogue feel very slow, but that should improve with a little more gear

826o1HO.png

Carrn, thanks for your input!

About AoC, how did it get nerfed? Because I'm failing to see it. It still gives a hefty amount of Agi and the CD on skill still applies (I get like 45s on SD).

All my current gear pulls ahead on Agi numbers (due to slots), but in the end I'll be forced to item switch due to iLvl needs...

Edit:

Also, is anyone PvEing as Sub here? Could you give me inputs about how well you're faring? Given teh buffs to Sub's positional requirements, I feel it's quite a strong spec to raid now.

Edited by lipsinch

Sub is a great spec to raid now, and I'm SUPER excited for it. I really dislike both other specs, and have since Vanilla, so I'm really pleased at how well Sub is doing in a dungeon / raid environment.

The only thing is that I'd recommend levelling as Combat or Assassination - it's just a little easier, and cause mobs die so quickly, you don't really get to practice your rotation as Sub

AoC just has reduced effects at level 91+; it might show you that it still has the same effect, but its effectiveness is reduced. Also, there are a lot of better trinkets that you can get in Nagrand. That being said, I didn't replace any of my gear until level 98 ish, but it was all gone by 100

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this