Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sikeli

[Feral] - Prioritizing FB over Rip?

4 posts in this topic

I watched some feral streamers play this way over the weekend. Basically gearing for as much crit as you can, using BT + TF/B and hitting FB, not even using Rip at all. Turns us into huge bursty cats (which is good for PvP). 

I tried this running some 5mans and saw my own single target DPS go up, 1-2k'ish on most fights.

Is this something useful for PvE as an alt rotation for some fights? Or is this best left to PvP only and thus I should avoid creating muscle memory for it in PvE content?

In a raid setting, you won't want to play this way.  Many times in PvP, those quick bursty moments are what makes the damage unhealable especially with 2-3 players focusing damage on 1 target.

Running a quick sim and taking out anything related to Rip gives you:

Rip: 37600

FB: 33300

That equates to ~11% loss

In a raid setting, you won't want to play this way.  Many times in PvP, those quick bursty moments are what makes the damage unhealable especially with 2-3 players focusing damage on 1 target.

Running a quick sim and taking out anything related to Rip gives you:

Rip: 37600

FB: 33300

That equates to ~11% loss

Thanks for talking sense back into me @Paloro. I figure this was best left for PvP...but it is a fun playstyle.

An FB rotation is not only for PvP, but also any target that won't live long enough to have Rip ticking for 24 seconds. On durable targets, you want to have Rip up all the time. When fighting squishies, you can safely leave it out of your rotation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid No Giants Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Jade Druid Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Druid Standard Deck
    • By Gidster
      Hey so I have starting Mythic progression and I just feel like I should be doing more DPS at my item level but I don't know if it is my Rotation or Stat priority.
      I'm looking at the logs and I feel like I should be doing more DPS in my current gear with is 874 with 22% Crit 29% Haste 46% Mastery 
    • By Archimage
      Druid Talent Macros:
      Restoration:
      /use [talent:1/1] Prosperity; [talent:1/2] Cenarion Ward; [talent:1/3] Abundance
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [talent:3/2] Cat Form; [talent:3/3] Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Tree of Life; [talent:5/3] Cultivation
      /use [talent:6/1] Spring Blossoms; [talent:6/2] Inner Peace; [talent:6/3] Germination
      /use [talent:7/1] Moment of Clarity; [talent:7/2] Stonebark; [talent:7/3] Flourish
      Guardian:
      /use [talent:1/1] Brambles; [talent:1/2] Bristling Fur; [talent:1/3] Blood Frenzy
      /use [talent:2/1] Guttural Roars; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:1,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:1,talent:3/2] Cat Form; Bear Form
      /use [talent:4/1] Mighty Bash; [talent:4/2] Mass Entanglement; [talent:4/3] Typhoon
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Guardian of Ursoc; [talent:5/3] Galactic Guardian
      /use [talent:6/1] Earthwarden; [talent:6/2] Guardian of Elune; [talent:6/3] Survival of the Fittest
      /use [talent:7/1] Rend and Tear; [talent:7/2] Lunar Beam; [talent:7/3] Pulverize
      Balance:
      /use [talent:1/1] Force of Nature; [talent:1/2] Warrior of Elune; [talent:1/3] Starlord
      /use [talent:2/1] Renewal; [talent:2/2] Displacer Beast; [talent:2/3] Wild Charge
      /use [stance:4, talent:3/1] Cat Form; [stance:4,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Moonkin Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: Chosen of Elune; [talent:5/3] Stellar Flare
      /use [talent:6/1] Shooting Stars; [talent:6/2] Astral Communion; [talent:6/3] Blessing of the Ancients
      /use [talent:7/1] Fury of Elune; [talent:7/2] Stellar Drift; [talent:7/3] Nature's Balance

Feral:
      /use [talent:1/1] Predator; [talent:1/2] Blood Scent; [talent:1/3] Lunar Inspiration
      /use [stance:2,talent:3/1] Moonkin Form; [stance:2,talent:3/2] Bear Form; Cat Form
      /use [talent:5/1] Soul of the Forest; [talent:5/2] Incarnation: King of the Jungle; [talent:5/3] Savage Roar
      /use [talent:6/1] Sabertooth; [talent:6/2] Jagged Wounds; [talent:6/3] Elune's Guidance
      /use [talent:7/1] Brutal Slash; [talent:7/2] Bloodtalons; [talent:7/3] Moment of Clarity

General Focus Macros:
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Entangling Roots