FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Touka

Unholy vs Frost-PVE

Hi all, I have been playing both unholy and frost and it seems as though unholy pulls ahead by a slight margin in single target, yet blows frost out of the water in aoe fights. Is unholy the superior dps spec to frost so far in WoD? 

In a simple answer yes.

Frost is still viable for people who prefer it, but unholy is better in almost any situation.

• Like 2

Alright, I figured it was something along that line, thank you!  I had one more question, on the opening of unholy. It feels like my dps is low until I get my ghoul transformed. When exactly do I pop my cooldowns/on use trinket? I've been waiting until my ghoul gets transformed and then I pop my strength on use trinket and use my gargoyle, because I was told the gargoyle benefits from the user's strength. Once that happens my dps is fine, but is that normal for unholy death knights? I often see myself way behind ret paladins until the end of the fight

It would depend on the fight. In a current heroic dungeon i would wait and pop trinkets and gargoyle with your ghoul to get the maximum benefit. But in a raid if you're lusting/hero on pull then it's better to pop your trinkets and gargoyle at the start to get the maximum benefit from lust. In a fight where you're popping lust near the end it gets a little bit tricky too. You'll gain more dps from waiting and using trinkets, gargoyle, and empowered ghoul all together, unless delaying gargoyle works out just right to where you could have gotten 1 more gargoyle in the fight if you had used it on pull.

• Like 2