FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Do you AFK in your Garrison?

A priest I follow on Twitter, Derevka, brought up something that came up with some friends of mine last week.

We know everyone is working hard on leveling, gearing, expanding their garrison, etc but where are the AFK peeps, social butterflies, and peacocks?  No shrine to sit on your new mount in front of, or park on a mailbox w/ your new Title and Transmog! 

So it's been over a week since WoD released and I am definitely seeing a little social disconnect for those times I spent at the Shrine/SW/Org while I enjoyed some ingame AFK (just handling whispers, catching up in mumble, YouTube, /r/wow, eating, emailing, watching the Packer score another 50pts). All those things I did at my desk while watching the Azeroth inhabitants on the other screen bounce around the hub of my choosing.

Do you #GarrisonAFK? Let me know where you AFK now?! 

Yep - seems the best place to stay really.

I've had times where I've been waiting for a mission to finish / work orders that are about to complete as well.  Seems a little silly to afk anywhere else really.

Stormshield doesnt feel like a city I want to hang out in, and at the moment my priest hasn't even been back to the "old world" I've been logging a bank alt to make any AH purchases and even that will stop as soon as my trading post auction house is complete.

At the moment it doesnt feel too bad as the world is busy - but if we end up with a final tier like in Cata / MoP the world is going to feel very quiet :P

• Like 1

I have only one screen and that is enough for me. So if I am afk (in Game or realy away from keyboard) it is not interessting for me, what others do. And if I am not afk... I do something and mostly with others from my guild or randoms. That is way enough "social life" for me in WoW... it's a game, not facebook or something like that.

But I know... for some "players" it is the most expensiv payed chat without sex in the world ^^

• Like 1

I've stood around in Stormshield once or twice because I don't have an auction house in my garrison yet, but for the most part I hang out in my garrison now. typically I'll run around my garrison (as if I'm expecting something to magically change?) and either chat in guild/whisper, or just watch trade for an interesting group.

It's mostly the same, but it does feel emptier sometimes. I'm on Strormrage so the trade chat is always insane, but I can't inspect the gear on someone running past me at the bank with an awesome looking transmog. I can't get random people complimenting me for my awesome transmog. I can't randomly run into a friend and /wave at them. Some of the small pleasures of hanging out in the main city are missing.

• Like 2