FORUMS
Vlad

Basic Priest Deck

Guest Ardaneus

The one problem I find myself with using this deck, is that at times I run out of minions and my hand is overloaded with spells. Apart from that, any suggestions to Mulligan for?

Guest Trishma

Hey Sottle,

I was wondering, with all the health business, is there any place for a Young Priestess in the deck?

It's just a little too weak overall, it's decent, and it definitely runs with the theme, but a 2/1 is just such a poor body that it's not really worth it.

Scottle, this deck works like MAGIC, I cannot thank you enough for all the fantastic guides you provide smile.png
I added a few legendaries, like Sylvanas and Dr. Boom, made the changes you suggested to upgrade the deck, and I have never been beaten since, altough I play very casually, but for like 10-12 matches. 
I enjoy this playstyle like a child. Again, thank you and keep up the good work! 

Sottle, thanks for sharing this deck. I was able to climb up to Rank 16 with this deck and the other basic decks from the other classes even if I don't have some of the cards from Naxxramas and Blackrock.

By the way, since the release of The Grand Tournament, playing Ranked has been tougher. I keep on stumbling down to Rank 20. I keep encountering players with golden heroes and high cost cards. (Some say that those are players who were already active playing long ago, quitted and just came back to check out TGT.)

I'm just wondering, is there any card from The Grand Tournament which fits perfectly in this deck?

I mean that question is pretty hard to answer, this is a basic deck, obviously a LOT of TGT cards would improve it. Holy Champion is a really nice card for Priests in the new set though.

Regarding the Ranked being harder thing, i'm not so sure. Don't worry too much about seeing Golden Heros and stuff, that just means they've played the game a lot, it says nothing about their winrate. I encounter Golden Heros at low ranks climbing on other servers all the times, and believe me, it's not because they're good players.

• Like 1

I mean that question is pretty hard to answer, this is a basic deck, obviously a LOT of TGT cards would improve it. Holy Champion is a really nice card for Priests in the new set though.

Regarding the Ranked being harder thing, i'm not so sure. Don't worry too much about seeing Golden Heros and stuff, that just means they've played the game a lot, it says nothing about their winrate. I encounter Golden Heros at low ranks climbing on other servers all the times, and believe me, it's not because they're good players.

I'd check out them new cards from TGT. Thanks for taking the time to respond. biggrin.png 

Guest trandism

Amazing deck! It's hard to believe how strong it is until you play it!

Guest Grimmer

Oh my God, this deck is AWESOME. I just played vs Hunter with it and early game was paintful thanks to hunter spells but luckily I won with him. I don't know how i won vs cards like those - he throw at me Kel'thuzad that I traded, then put a Deathwing (seriously, 2 legendaries at 20 rank?) that I mindcontrolled but in his turn he duplicated it with mimic and I was at 9hp that time. Luckily I countered dmg at my face with heal and he concealed at 12 hp with board full of my minions.
Thanks a lot for this deck biggrin.png. Also, you explained it very well and this is a big advantage for a newbie like me.

Guest Immaculate

What are your thoughts on Djinni of Zephyrs in this deck for a Darkscale Healer - only since the Darkscale healer is a little more situational - where as Djinni can benefit from all the buffs, plus divine shield will net you 2 draws with Djinni on the board.

What are your thoughts on Djinni of Zephyrs in this deck for a Darkscale Healer - only since the Darkscale healer is a little more situational - where as Djinni can benefit from all the buffs, plus divine shield will net you 2 draws with Djinni on the board.

Yes, it is a better card. However, both are used when ahead and therefore a bit situational. Overall, I think it is a good swap.

Does Djinni drawi a card from PW:S? Thought it would probably just get +2 health

Just tested it and it does indeed give you two cards. Also, if you play Entomb on an enemy minion, Djinni is returned into your deck as well.

Yes, the PW:S thing is natural since the spell is actually "cast" again, not just reapplied, however Djinni is extremely buggy at the moment and has a lot of weird interactions, so it's best to test stuff for yourself with it for now.

Guest pakattak

I decided to pick this up because i had a bunch of priest quests and no real priest cards.

I went 1-15. What the fuck.

I decided to pick this up because i had a bunch of priest quests and no real priest cards.

I went 1-15. What the fuck.

I went to rank 15 with it back then when I didn't have even level 10 priest. I think the deck is still usable. If you have never played priest, you will just need to get used to it.

Guest Lucamilion

I find the acolyte of pain an exceptionally good addition to this deck. Is there a reason it wasn't mentioned?

Guest Lucamilion

I also like Emperor Cobra.

And Frostwolf Warlord instead of Boulderfist Ogre.

What are your thoughts on those?

I find the acolyte of pain an exceptionally good addition to this deck. Is there a reason it wasn't mentioned?

I also like Emperor Cobra.

And Frostwolf Warlord instead of Boulderfist Ogre.

What are your thoughts on those?

Acolyte is useless in control meta without many 1-damage effects, such as Whirlwind or Wild Pyromancer.

Emperor Cobra is too slow and exceptionally useless in a class that overflows with removals.

Frostwolf Warlord requires you to have a board. If you play against another control deck, it might be slightly difficult to fulfill this requirement. Also, in the late-game you will often have usually only one or two minions on the board, and Ogre is way better in this scenario.

Guest Lucamilion

Thanks for the feedback, I certainly appreciate having a second opinion. I'm fairly new to hearthstone, (though not to CCGs) so in my current meta of lower ranked players, I can usually maintain the board control necessary to make the substitutions I mentioned profitable. As I rank up, of course, I'll have to adapt. Though hopefully I'll have pulled some high rarity options by then.

Yeah Acolyte is fairly common in Priest, but you need to have the Wild Pyros as well to make it really effective. Emperor Cobra is an improvement over the Basic cards for sure, but I wouldn't consider Frostwolf Warlord.