FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
WhatYaDoin

Mage Specializations - two n00b questions!

Hi,

Would anyone be so kind as to explain please:

1. Which mage specialization is the easiest to play to obtain good results / DPS?

2. Which mage specialization provides most stable and constant DPS over time? I mean a decent DPS without any cooldown spells.*

* I think that frost for example is very "unstable" and depends on lots of cooldown abilities, so If every ability is on cooldown, frostmage cannot deal a decent damage just by using frostbolt. I'm wondering if other specs are similar or maybe have more balanced DPS over time?

Thanks!

All spec's in the game require you to use cooldowns to obtain good DPS. Even if you were able to beat other classes/specs without using your cooldowns you would still get annihilated on the meters by people of the same spec who did use cooldowns.

I would strongly encourage you to learn and get used to efficient cooldown usage instead of skipping over them or choosing a spec based on which has the least amount of cooldowns. That would help you a LOT more in the long run rather than settling for something easy. 

All 3 Mage specs have similar cooldowns and all 3 require you to use them all to do good DPS. 

I think you misunderstood my intentions. I'm not planning to skip anything. Just want to know which spec has the most stable DPS.

Some PvE encounters spawn random mobs that must be DPSed ASAP. If the mob spawns when all my abilities are on cooldown then I cannot really do much with only frostbolt.

Edited by WhatYaDoin

I think you misunderstood my intentions. I'm not planning to skip anything. Just want to know which spec has the most stable DPS.

Some PvE encounters spawn random mobs that must be DPSed ASAP. If the mob spawns when all my abilities are on cooldown then I cannot really do much with only frostbolt.

Then you should know the timing, and use cooldowns then! Especially if they need to be dead asap, you want the class with the highest burst capabilities, not the one with the highest stable dps.