FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Visq

1 ember single target help

Hey guys, posted on the WoW lock forums to no avail so thought I'd take my question to the guys who literally wrote the guide of destro! I rerolled lock a few days ago and am loving the mechanics. I feel like I have AoE down and can do pretty well on multi-target fights too thanks to havoc.

However on single target fights I appear to rely too heavily on the previous trash packs to do well. I ember farm them and star the boss with 4/4 embers, making it nice and easy. But with raiding around the corner, i expect there to be wipes where I then have to start the fight from 1 ember. Been trying to let myself drop to 1 ember pre fight to practice but I just can't seem to get it down, so here's a rundown of my single target rotation from 1 ember start point.

Immolate > RoF (Keep these 2 up 100%) > Conflag(Backdraft for fast ember building) > Incinerate x3. I repeat this process for the most part.

By the time my embers reach 3.2/3.6 I'm OOM (Damn, 40k RoF cost...). using this time for mna regain, I Conflagx2 and drop 2 chaos bolts with dark soul. By this point I'm at 70% mana with 1/2 embers and repeat my ember building process, but only having 70% mana I get less embers from it. As you can imagine, I end up throttling myself to like 20% mana and 1/2 embers after a minute or so into the fight. By then, I'm jsut juggling and hoping for the best, or resorting to not casting while I wait for mana to start over. (very bad, yes)

Can anyone help me get this 1 ember single target thing down Please? Please say if you need more info, as I can't seem to nail what I'm messing up with.

You're doing it wrong, by delaying until you have max embers, you will waste trinkets etc. I don't like using the Dark Soul glyph, so below is how I open with 20s dark soul.

The opener

Precast Incinerate

Precast Immolate

Dark Soul and Service Doomguard

Conflagx2

Rain of Fire

Incinerate x3

Chaos Bolt x2

Continue with normal rotation.

Note that you're going oom due to Rain of Fire. This is normal and not to be worried about. 

• Like 1

You're doing it wrong, by delaying until you have max embers, you will waste trinkets etc. I don't like using the Dark Soul glyph, so below is how I open with 20s dark soul.

The opener

Precast Incinerate

Precast Immolate

Dark Soul and Service Doomguard

Conflagx2

Rain of Fire

Incinerate x3

Chaos Bolt x2

Continue with normal rotation.

Note that you're going oom due to Rain of Fire. This is normal and not to be worried about. 

Thanks for the reply! makes me feel better about the RoF thing. I Expected it's why I was going OOM but to know it's normal is great.

About the procs, I don't have any trinkets that can proc atm, which is why I Glyphed dark soul + Specced Archimonde's Darkness, just to give me more freedom in lining up my Dark Souls with chaos bolts.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/Visq/advanced <--- My Lock

I see you say service Doomguard, I didn't even know they COULD be serviced. I specced out of service as using it for the felhunter it became a 2m CD interrupt.  What demon are you servicing? Does it give more DPS than a terrorguard?

You'll also see I'm specced Servitude, partly because of what IV guide said, but also because Cata's 1 min CD amde it only feel useful in AoE. I know it hits harder than CB single target, but surely casting a Cb with your Doomguard hitting away does more?

Overall, ty for the info very much. Looking more at timing my CB's rather than just blasting them away for the sake of rotation. I'll be ember-starving myself as much as possible to start bosses on 1 ember to try it out ty!

I personally don't like the Glyph of Dark Soul for Destruction, and it makes AD a bit weaker too. You also don't really have much freedom in current gear levels because it takes you so long to build up 4 embers again that the CD is back up around the time you're ready.

I'm using a Doomguard and Servicing out another Doomguard.

I'm using a Doomguard and Servicing out another Doomguard.

That´s something I have to try. If it´s not for numbers, then just for the image... 

That´s something I have to try. If it´s not for numbers, then just for the image... 

Gotta say, been trying it since i got the reply. I've hardly looked hard enough to see if it's a DPS increase, but I'm adoring the ability to play DS for my 100 talent  without wanting to re-summon.

Like keeping the doomgaurd ready and dropping a serviced abyssal into AoE. Or dual abys AoE. Or just straight up 2 doomguards pouning on the boss. Felt lovely and flexible.