Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BasicGall

WoD Blood DK with Holy priest healing problems

2 posts in this topic

Not new to Icy Veins, just finally made an account, I need some advice I hope that someone has found the answer to the issue that I have run into.biggrin.png 

So when I am running heroic dungeons with my GM who is a holy priest (A damn good one at that) and any of the holy priests as well, same problem, we run into a healing issue with together.

Me and my healer about 3/4 the way thru the fight have both burned all our CD's, like I am popping CD's as the come up, they are all on CD. I hate this, its not right. 

Last night, wiped alot on Upper black rock spire, priest logs off, then get a new healer, a holy pally, no problems at all, smooth sailing, didn't pop all my CD's constantly as they came up, heal never hit under 75% on the last boss of UBS .

Is there something I can do that will work with him, and is there anything he can do that will help me heal?

He has noticed, once I get fully healed, he can't get my shield up hardly at all, its reduced to nearly nothing. At the mean time, I am getting smashed, popping CD's, 30 seconds later, I am setting at 5% health trying everything I can to get my rune tap up high enough to get a new CD open. 

I got Gold Tank in Proving grounds at just ilvl 602(It scales to gear after ilvl 610) I had great progression last xpac, I understand my class in and out, I keep going back to the drawing board, I am starting to doubt myself, it sucks, I need an answer. sleep.png We will be raiding in the same group, there will be other healers in the 20, but my guild has 3 DK tanks and a few priests (won't be in the same raid), we need to figure this out, we are stumped and need some help.  unsure.png 

I am currently ilvl 616, no enchants or gems, I still have my darn SoO mythic pants (just can't get them replaced), first ring of the legendary, I have my talents and rotation down to Icy Veins. 

I guess this will come down to how the priest is healing.

I personally was healing Heroic Dungeons at 608ilvl with a guardian druid and we had a couple of wipes but nothing serious.

Then i ran some with one of our guild dks tanking in their off spec and it was easy mode.

Dk's have by far been the easiest tanks to heal for me so far. Even in molten core the pally and druid got wrecked and the 2 Dks were far easier to manage.

Priests have been hit hard with the gear scaling and changes to the healing styles so many are having problems transitioning.

Without some logs or a general priority of what the healer is doing its going to be hard to give any guidance. Maybe send them over to the priest forums for a look and discussion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration And Balance.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Dragon Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Dragon Priest No Cleric Gadgetzan Standard Deck,
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Priest Gadgetzan Standard Deck.