FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Scaver

Enh Flame Shock/Frost Shock WaekAura/AddOn

Hi IV community,

I am looking for an alternative to "AffDots - Shaman" or the nice WeakAura script here in the forum Hybrys (https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/5560-shaman-weakauras/#forum-anchor-waenh).

Until we (Enhancment Shamanes) no longer have Earth Shock and have to replace it wirh Frost Shock, these AddOn and Script won't work anymore.

I have tried to change the WA script by myself but I failed.

Also I don't know if it is enough to change Eart Shock with Frost Shock or have to change any values inside the script for a correct calculation.

I hope anyone can help, for getting a way to use Flame Shock more effectiv.

Edited by Scaver

Hey there Scaver,

That's a very good question. I'm afraid I can't answer directly right now as I'm travelling for work so don't have WoW available. I would expect that there are spellpower coefficients, Haste, Mastery and Crit coefficients, and some change in the scaling calculations to do. That might not be very simple to do without knowing how the addon was coded at the start.

I'll see if I can get hold of Hybrys about it :)

• Like 1

That would be very nice. I had sent Hybrys a pm for some days but he wasn't only until September.

And I think that WA script is one very good way to optimize dmg output for us enhancers :)

No way to send him a message otuside the forum... maybe an email (maybe u as an moderator can?).

I have take some looks to the script.. but I don't know where to start. I will take some more time into it... but I hope anyone can help.

I was hoping, that I can use it when the raids starts next week... I will take a look around if I can help from somewhere.

I'll see what I can do, but definitely no promises.

Is there any chance you can paste the code here for everyone, using the code function (two pointy brackets icon to the right of Bold, Italic,etc) so that we can all have a look at it?

Like this! :)

Just saw this topic (I must be blind). Anywho, the FS+ES aura is no longer necessary and not because ES was replaced by Frost Shock but because the removal of snapshotting.

Right now it works like this:

Flame Shock is not running or has less than 9 seconds remaining on target (pandemic)? If yes then apply Flame Shock.

Otherwise, if all your other skills are on cd use Frost Shock.

Basically this means that the only aura you might want is one which tells the remaining duration of Flame Shock on your target, and this doesn't require any scripting at all. I can paste one later if needed, but this is trivial anyway.

In 5.4 with snapshots the decision was a LOT more complicated (mostly due to constantly changing haste level of enh) and it was impossible to make correctly most of the time unless you had a script which told you what to do.

Edited by lynx
  • Like 2

I don't understand all what u wrote... because of language problemes (I am german). What do u mean with "removal of snapshotting" and "In 5.4 with snapshots".

Maybe I knew it but under another name. Maybe we have another name for it in german!?

All I know is, that Flamsehock will be stronger if u use some colldowns, like Elemental Mastery or Bloodlust (or thinks like that).

So if I use them they will not effect the dot that is always on the target... u have to reapply it on the target, so that the DoT will do more damage.

I can't find any sources that this was changed in WoD... also not the patch notes.

"Snapshotting" was the way that things worked in MoP where when you cast a DoT like Flame Shock, it would use the stats of whatever you had when you cast is for the whole duration of the DoT. This seems to no longer be the case.

@Scaver,

Stoove just explained what it means.

To go into more details about what's going on now, unless a DOT/HOT has a specialized note on it which states otherwise, it's updated dynamically. This includes: the amount of ticks (by introducing partial tick at the end), power of each tick, crit, mastery, and whatever else. This resembles the behavior of totems and "pets" (the apostrophe are because some spells are counted as pets because you summon them or whatever). Totems didn't have partial ticks, but the point should be clear.

What this means to the average Joe is that you can (and in many cases should) apply FS before all cds and buffs are at play. Apply cds and benefit from them all without reapplying FS. Furthermore, you can reapply FS during its last 9 seconds and they will be added to the total duration, which effectively means that you don't loose DPS from FS by reapplying anywhere in those 9 seconds. The latter one is warlock's pandemic behavior which was transferred to all other classes in a nerfed form (and was nerfed for locks as well).

There are special DOTs/HOTs which don't work 100% like that, either due to retaining some degenerate/partial form of snapshotting (like fire mage's combustion), or just because the effect is almost completely static (like holy priest's EoL). However, the overwhelming majority of periodic effects does work like this now, and this was one of the bigger changes in 6.0.

Edited by lynx

"Snapshotting" was the way that things worked in MoP where when you cast a DoT like Flame Shock, it would use the stats of whatever you had when you cast is for the whole duration of the DoT. This seems to no longer be the case.

it's updated dynamically.

Oh ok thats what I thought... but I can't finde anything to it in the patch notes (or I'm blind ^^). But I trust u and so the old WA script is useless.

Thank you very much for clarify this :)