FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
DangoGod

Help with CM

Today I tried doing the daily CM quest for the first time, and I realised that the difficulty level was much higher than heroics. In 531 ilvl gear, I couldn't even heal for the first boss of UBRS. He just seemed to put out too much damage on everyone for me to handle. ReM+Uplift just didn't seem to heal quick enough, and by spamming RJW I ran out of mana within the first minute. I'm pretty confident that my rotation is correct, and I've had my friend look through logs to double check. I'm just finding it to outheal the damage as MW monk. Any suggestions on how to do CM without getting wrecked would be much appreciated. 

Just an FYI, UBRS should NOT have been your first CM. UBRS is much harder dungeon than a lot of the other ones, as well as Skyreach.

Try a new one and see how it goes.

I can't offer much in advice as i couldn't manage to heal on him either. In my opinion uplift needs a large buff, and its weakness is emphasized on that boss where LoS is an issue and it SHOULD be uplifts place to shine because of its ignorance of LoS, but it simply does not put out enough. As far as solutions im at a loss too, as uplift is the only spell in our arsenal to handle the healing requirements of the second phase. You cant use serpent breath for the same reasons RJW doesnt handle it. My only thought for that specifically is some very good coordination and awareness of each members position and hitting them with a quick sooth+surging.  

As for other CMs, i healed auchidon yesterday and it was more manageable but not without its difficulties. How much of that is MW weakness im not sure of. 

Don't use uplift. Now, go try again.

I've never really had any problems with UBRS.

I used rushing jade wind, asked everyone but tank to stand on me. 

Used EM on tank, and RJW on everyone else. You will also have a few moments of less dmg and recovering time, so dont panic. Pretty much never waste chi on Uplift in CM. Use EM on dps if needed, since there's not a lot of tank dmg on this boss.

2nd is a little more difficult. TON of tank dmg, dispel poison and stay out of shit on the ground. Nothing more to it. I always come out with 0 mana, using every mana tea charge the few moments I have time for a global.

Also getting the instant mana tea glyph has helped a lot. No time to channel it in CM.

Edited by truulte