FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hanguk

Rain of Fire stealth nerf - Mannoroth's Fury a no go now?

So all of a sudden our RoF doesn't generate embers anymore and the damage seems halved as well. Is there any point in still taking Mannoroth's Fury over AD?

I have heard the rumors... and not impressed if true.

Probably a half ass rushed attempt to take it out of the single target rotation.  Such a simple change, and they BREAK a talent!

Mannoroths is only half used for increased RoF dmg, its primary use for me is blanketing spread out mobs in fire for ember generation.

• Like 1

Sadly I can confirm that it's true. Rain of Fire does not generate embers at all as of now.

And yeah, that's what I was getting at, there seems little/no point in taking MF when it doesn't generate embers.

MF isn't a no go.

Destruction is a no go.

If you can't play demo at 110% optimal performance it sucks ass.

Destruction does ACTUALLY NO DAMAGE for aoe now.

Affliction is simply unviable in every regard.

Either bitch until it gets changed, or reroll. Those are now our options as warlocks.

So all of a sudden our RoF doesn't generate embers anymore and the damage seems halved as well. Is there any point in still taking Mannoroth's Fury over AD?

Is this 100% confirmed?  Patch notes?  Testing? 

Sadly I can confirm that it's true. Rain of Fire does not generate embers at all as of now.

And yeah, that's what I was getting at, there seems little/no point in taking MF when it doesn't generate embers.

Got a chance to link a log or something of you testing?  No offense meant, I'm just settled more by combat logs proving something. 

MF isn't a no go.

Destruction is a no go.

If you can't play demo at 110% optimal performance it sucks ass.

Destruction does ACTUALLY NO DAMAGE for aoe now.

Affliction is simply unviable in every regard.

Either bitch until it gets changed, or reroll. Those are now our options as warlocks.

Did they finalize notes or something drastic I'm missing?  Not that they've never broken us before...I miss my guild's first raid week because I'll be on my honeymoon.  I'm anxious to see just how bad they are in a raid environment rather than looking at dungeons and theoretical shit.  Someone actually quoted using Molten Core raid data on a blue post.  I don't even understand.

RoF generates 0 embers and deals 40% of it's previous damage.

I guess they need to see the first week of heroic to understand that warlocks are worse than fucking shamans right now.

What just happened? Was there a bus? Am I under it? I feel like I got hit pretty hard by it.

Edited by Gnar

Ehh, I don't have logs. I'm on EU, I can stand at dummies for 3 minutes spamming only Rain of Fire and at no point will my ember bar move. There's multi-page threads on it on both EU and US forums, this isn't really something arcane you need confirmation for, if your ember bar doesn't move casting only RoF all is known..

Oh boy!  Of course they won't buff anything else to compensate.  I'm also not 100% sure a 40% nerf was needed to remove it from the single target rotation. 

They said Destro was fine!

Optimist in me says we'll get incinerate buffs...

Changing anything, including a nerf, shows they've learned nothing about saying what is and what is not fine. 

Oh boy!  Of course they won't buff anything else to compensate.  I'm also not 100% sure a 40% nerf was needed to remove it from the single target rotation. 

It was a -60% nerf. I told them 3 weeks in to beta that they could nerf it by UP TO 50% AND KEEP IT A GAIN ON TWO TARGETS. 60% makes it do less damage than incinerate until 3.

They don't listen to feedback.

They don't play our class at all.

All of my hope is now gone.

Nice.  Maybe they will restore our faith and completely revert the Demonology buffs?  From worst to first!

So what next blizz??? Havoc now only has one charge??? :/

Next is deleting shadowburn from the game and doubling the CD of havoc.

Incinerate has a 50% chance to deal it's damage back to you because....Warlocks.

Immolate has a 25% chance on tick to "blow out" and end immediately.

Conflagrate now consumes a Burning Ember.

Improved Chaos Bolt no longer reduces cast time of Chaos Bolt by 0.5 seconds.  Instead, it increases the speed that Chaos Bolt travels.

Shadowburn now consumes mana on top of the Burning Ember cost.

Rain of Fire now damages your allies.

Those are my anticipated changes.

• Like 3

flames of xoroth has a chance of summoning an aggressive demon rather than a friendly

soulshatter now reduces threat to all enemies by 4% and costs 90% of your health

Edited by Oldtrout
  • Like 1

This reminds me of the great corruption nerf of 06.   They buff the hell out of it, then nerf it to BELOW what is was before.  Their justification was everyone took the talent to make it instant.  

flames of xoroth has a chance of summoning an aggressive demon rather than a friendly

soulshatter now reduces threat to all enemies by 4% and costs 90% of your health

BORING.  Gotta spice it up WoD style.

Flames of Xoroth has a 25% chance upon consuming a Burning Ember to spawn Kanrethad forcing a time stop to the entire raid group while phase changing the current encounter and surroundings to the Kanrethad quest inside Black Temple.  The Warlock must re-complete his or her "green fire" quest on the spot.  Failure results in the current encounter or environment instantly enraging and wiping the raid group. 

Soulshatter now kills you because you shattered your soul.  Resurrecting in or out of combat results in 15 minutes of Resurrection Sickness.

This reminds me of the great corruption nerf of 06.   They buff the hell out of it, then nerf it to BELOW what is was before.  Their justification was everyone took the talent to make it instant.  

Hey, you might be onto something here.  You know how they nerfed abilities then gave them some value back via "perks?"  Best example was Nightfall for Affliction.  In MoP, it was 10%.  In WoD, at level 90, it was 5%.  A leveling perk was supposed to give 6% back to make it 11%!  Then they reverted it to 2.5%, so now it's 7.5%, down from the original 10%.  They somehow got away with tuning right under our noses by qualifying changes as "perks" with "enhanced" abilities.  Tell me, is 7.5% an "enhancement" from 10%?

• Like 1

So, not that Charred Remains didnt already suck enough....

I was wondering if this was also to possibly prop up Charred Remains... but the more I think about it, does it hurt CR even more? With no RoF ember bits, will you get the needed 3 embers from a F&B incin to push your next F&B CB?

Wouldn't you need a minimum of 5 targets, to all crit... to generate 30 ember bits? (not including Immo ticks)... so more realistically like 7-10 targets? CB not generating Embers to offset the F&B ember cost unlike Incin, makes the difference here.

I don't know understand why they would do this to "fix" mannoroth's fury. The reason it was "better" was because archimonde's darkness is basically pooling 1 extra cooldown and fury was constantly cooling down. re: on short fights darkness was better and on, presumably longer, WoD raids you could leverage fury better. I really think this is just them trying to further homogenize class roles and they saw warlock ae as too strong, even though it was the only thing going for us. That and bane of havoc

• Warlock

• Affliction

• Agony's damage has been increased by 20%.

• Unstable Affliction's damage has been increased by 20%.

Demonology

• Shadow Bolt's damage has been increased by 25%.

Soul Fire's damage has been increased by 25%.

Touch of Chaos' damage has been increased by 25%.

Destruction

• Chaos Bolt's damage has been increased by 8%.

Conflagrate's damage has been increased by 8%.

Immolate's damage has been increased by 8%.

Incinerate's damage has been increased by 8%.

Rain of Fire's damage has been reduced by 60% and no longer generates Burning Embers.

Shadowburn's damage has been increased by 8%.

Talents

• Demonbolt's (Demonology) damage has been increased by 10%.

Soulburn: Haunt (Affliction) now extends up to 130% of its normal duration when refreshed, similar to periodic effects.