FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Imagine

Affliction VS Destruction Raiding?

Hello all pros!

Im a noob on warlock and need guidance for the upcoming raids.

Like the topic title says, Whats best for the upcomming raid?

Ive been trying all three speccs since hotfix, and my conclusion so far is that demo isnt good for anything else then Pvp. 

It seems that affliction or destruction is the way to go. (i hope affliction will be best again).  

Best Regards // Anaita

Destro is dead.

Demo and Aff will be the top raiding specs for warlocks. The difference between Demo and Aff will be in the fight and the players skill level.

Destro is dead.

Demo and Aff will be the top raiding specs for warlocks. The difference between Demo and Aff will be in the fight and the players skill level.

Ok now, I had to register here, because I got really tired of your agitation.

You are possting the same words in any new topic, where people are asking for help, but instead of helping, you are confusing people and fooling them with you "destro is dead" words. Destro isn't dead.

Ok, RoF was nerfed, but other spells were buffed, just like the spells in affli and demo.

Now you can play ANY spec you like, because they all have approximately same dps. Maybe in some situations you can get more profit from using specific spec, but this is solitary instance.

Ok, I understand, that for some reasons you don't like destro, I don't know why and by now I don't want to know. As for me I don't like demo, so what? I have to wait for blueposts, where blizz nerf demo and then write in every help-topic, that demo is dead? What a nonsense? This is ridiculous.

I was thinking all the time, that all warlock community is united and interested in high dps in every spec, I wasn't even thinking, that there are people, that are happy with lock-nerfs.

I play warlock since august 2008, I was playing all specs, I saw everything: buffs, nerfs, new mechanics replace old ones etc. I love destro, I played destro and I didn't feel like I'm bored with it. And now I am still playing as destro and I'm still doing dps. If you don't believe me, then go on simulationcraft and watch by yourself, but I'm asking you to stop confusing people and force them to play specs YOU like, please.

Edited by B10S
  • Like 4

The difference between Affliction and Destruction is very small at all gear levels up to BiS, and they are equally good at single target or cleave fights. Demo is lagging behind at higher item levels, but not extremely so. None of the specs really has a leg up as far as mobility or utility, so it's going to come down to personal preference and whether your gear drops favor the priorities of one over the other.

Destro will be a great way to progress. The rotation is simple and your super pet does 25% of your damage, so you can focus on learning the new mechanics and not standing in shit :)

According to sims Destro starts off stronger in single target and multi target, but Affliction takes over in BIS...and unless you are that guy who feels its really important to rank the last 2 weeks of content, sims in BIS don't really matter. Its more about the progression IMO.

Destro will be a great way to progress. The rotation is simple and your super pet does 25% of your damage, so you can focus on learning the new mechanics and not standing in shit smile.png

According to sims Destro starts off stronger in single target and multi target, but Affliction takes over in BIS...and unless you are that guy who feels its really important to rank the last 2 weeks of content, sims in BIS don't really matter. Its more about the progression IMO.

Affliction is easy as hell especially without snapshotting. Not to mention way more survivability with drain life.

Ok now, I had to register here

Welcome to the forums. You missed some information.

I play whatever spec is best for my raid, I don't play what I like and the opinion I have for a spec in terms of enjoyment are never a factor when discussing it.

If you look at when I posted you'll see that it was VERY shortly after patch notes were made and before anyone had time to fully investigate the changes.

At the time of posting all 6 of the warlocks I confer with and respect agreed that destro would be to far nerfed to be raid viable. 

And yes I copied and pasted in to 3 or 4 threads because people were making them one after another asking the same question that was already being discussed in other threads more in-depth. Since they did not have time to read the full discussions, and I didn't have time to make long posts, it was a quick and simple answer to a quick and simple question based on the information available at the moment.

It has been a very busy week for us, sometimes things slip through the cracks. 

• Like 2

is it me, or my destro spec'd dps build lacking,

I get 15-17.5% max for dps via recount in dungeons no matter how hard I go trying to dps anything, I've read the guides I'm following them correctly (glyphs need to be fixed, but glyphs can't make that much of a difference can they?) 

any tips would be mean!

is it me, or my destro spec'd dps build lacking,

I get 15-17.5% max for dps via recount in dungeons no matter how hard I go trying to dps anything, I've read the guides I'm following them correctly (glyphs need to be fixed, but glyphs can't make that much of a difference can they?) 

any tips would be mean!

With nothing to work with (logs), we have no way of giving you any tips other than read the guides.  Logs will show whether you are implementing the material in the guides correctly, or if at all, and from them, we can give you a rundown of what you're doing good and what you need to improve upon.

• Like 1

With nothing to work with (logs), we have no way of giving you any tips other than read the guides.  Logs will show whether you are implementing the material in the guides correctly, or if at all, and from them, we can give you a rundown of what you're doing good and what you need to improve upon.

ah fair enough, now when you say logs really noob thing I have to ask, what application do I need to provide these logs?

I agree with being able to be flexible, but if the lives of everyone on this whole world that I ever loved, depended on my believing that ONE spec was unconditionally and solely THE best for the raid, I'd have no loved ones left alive. Maybe individual boss fights, due to differing mechanics, favor one spec over another. (Maulgar, in the Gruul's Lair raid during BC, comes to mind; I was dedicated Healadin to our 'boomkin tank'). 

By that same token, my personal opinion of "BiS" is to remove the i. :P Some individual fights may go smoother with long-term sustained damage over full burst followed by panting heavily while out of breath.

Takes two to tango.

You die-hard "I only play destro" warlocks have been bitching about it so hard, and I assume it is because you are too terrible to play the other two specs that require more than just incinerateincinerateincinerateincinerate oh look enough embers to chaos bolt incinerateincinerateincinerate

I know, right?  They should play affliction instead!

drainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsoul oh look nightfall haunt drainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsoul

You die-hard "I only play destro" warlocks have been bitching about it so hard, and I assume it is because you are too terrible to play the other two specs that require more than just incinerateincinerateincinerateincinerate oh look enough embers to chaos bolt incinerateincinerateincinerate

Hey I resemble that comment! =P

Its sad but that's how I've been playing for months.  Guess I really do need to bite the bullet and learn something else

Demo?

HoGshadowboltshadowboltHoGsoulfireshadowboltsoulfireshadowboltsoulfireHoGshadowboltshadowboltHoG ChaosboltChaosboltChaosboltChaosbolt

Didn't realize they gave demo chaos bolt lol.

I guess my point would be that demo has a bit more depth to it than the other two specs. Also, bonus points for resources generating at a reasonable rate!

I know, right?  They should play affliction instead!

drainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsoul oh look nightfall haunt drainsouldrainsouldrainsouldrainsoul

With a rotation like that you must do like 8K. I mean you forgot like 3 Dots in there that you need to refresh. If I wanted to play a spec that simple I would play destro. 

I mean at least Demo and Aff have a feel for a non cookie cutter rotation. I mean you have to actually still think to play them well. Destro is like Timmy from South park is playing it. I come back to WoW at the end of the xpac and all I see is green fire. Now if it was pulling DPS like the others ehhhh ok awesome. Ember gen to me is shit unless you used RoF and now with out the generation of embers it provided it to me is dead. Because we all know the point of destro. Chaos Bolts. The buffs to it was nice but that don't do shit for Ember regen. Demon and Affliction are both amazing and for me personally last night in raid I was Aff and playing nicely with the meters. 

Destro is Dead and LOCKY is my hero. lol

Locky or any of the awesome Locks here. With the Affliction stats weights and the Demo stat weights does that mean I can use the same gear for both?? 

If I am not mistaken it is 

Affliction = Mastery =/ Haste 

Demo = Haste =/ Mastery 

I just ask because it is a bloody pain to change from Destro to Affliction a week before raids start. I am still trying to get the proper gear. Still do more DPS than Destro :)

Demo = Mastery >= Haste (to about 10%) > Crit = Multistrike > Haste = Versatility

Aff = Haste >=Mastery >Multistrike>Crit>Versatility.

Aff is a little wonky because mastery will get better on multi target fights where as haste is better on ST. Personally I'l going mastery=haste>crit=MS>Vert since Im switching between all three specs so often.

• Like 1

That was my issue Iwanted to switch between 2 specs depending on the fight and to me Destro isn't an option because Crit is the top stat. The other 2 use both haste and mastery so well. So I can just go with Haste/Mastery for both just gem and enchant for Mastery. I read the guide for Aff and it seems you just changed the top to Mastery so I want to make sure. 

You can use the same gear for all three specs. Secondaries are extremely well balanced for Warlocks this expac, and have a very minimal affect on your DPS. ilvl is king for all three specs right now. Simply equip your highest ilvl'd pieces.

• Like 1