FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Unaredon

Question about proc and demon bolt

Hi guys, i got really confused about how to optimize the demon bolt usage. So when a buff proc, (exp Demonic Synergy/ Versatility) while my fury was at midway around 400 to 600, should i go meta and take the chances like using chaos bolt in destroy, or should i ignore the proc and save the demon bolt for the later 4-casts nuke? 

Then, if the answer is to save the demon bolt, how can i get most out of  Demonic Synergy proc? I was destroy in MoP and feel really weird when there is something proc but do nothing.

demonbolt is focused around optimizing the 4-cast windows. popping meta to fire one off for a proc is delaying your 4-cast window by the entire duration of the debuff. if you get a proc you can pop meta and throw some soulfires out with MC procs or something, but you won't want to get the full debuff again

demonbolt is focused around optimizing the 4-cast windows. popping meta to fire one off for a proc is delaying your 4-cast window by the entire duration of the debuff. if you get a proc you can pop meta and throw some soulfires out with MC procs or something, but you won't want to get the full debuff again

The more soulfires you spend inside meta, the more you delay your demonbolt window because you will not have the DF to pop off 4 in a row.  Basically, you should attempt to nuke outside of meta with your Soulfires in any RPPM procs.  Any other procs you have should hopefully be on a 2 min ICD/on use to line up with half of your DB windows.

The more soulfires you spend inside meta, the more you delay your demonbolt window because you will not have the DF to pop off 4 in a row.  Basically, you should attempt to nuke outside of meta with your Soulfires in any RPPM procs.  Any other procs you have should hopefully be on a 2 min ICD/on use to line up with half of your DB windows.

So outside meta when i got a proc is it viable to cast soulfire even if the Molten Core isn't up?

No. Never cast Soul Fire without Molten Core, except as your precast.

Yeah, this.  In my minute window I will save about 3 MC stacks for an RPPM proc. If I don't get one, I spend what I need to get my 800 DF and get Demonbolts off. If you don't have MC stacks, you are SOL.