Sora

Heroism Macro Thoughts

7 posts in this topic

So a while ago I got rather fancy with my heroism macro and started putting all sorts of things in it so I could have a 1 click button that would trigger everything I wanted.

It ended up looking like this:

/cast heroism
/use Potion of the Jade Serpent
/cast Stormlash Totem
/cast Ascendance
/cast Spiritwalker's Grace

Now for 6.0.3 its down to:

/cast heroism
/cast Ascendance
/cast Spiritwalker's Grace

I was thinking about adding in Elemental Mastery, but that might be getting a little tooo crazy (and I'm not sure if stacking that on top of Hero/Ascend is even worth it with GCD). Of course this doesn't prevent me from using these abilities stand-alone when needed, this is just the massive 'hit all dps stuff you can at once' button.

Thoughts?

If it's not worth the GCD, then get Elemental Mastery to cast before Heroism (rather than after) so that you don't waste a part of the most valuable cooldown.

1 person likes this

When I'm playing ele, I prefer not to write a macro for my major CDs, but just align them on my buttons in sequence (F1, F2, F3, F4..). It feels more flexible.

Heroism always stand alone on F12, so I will not press it accidentally (you do have these 'accidents' through the years ^^). The reason for it is that we have 2-4 people with Hero ability in raid, and it's not me always casting it. So I wouldn't waste my Hero CD with macro if it was already casted by some mage.

When I'm playing ele, I prefer not to write a macro for my major CDs, but just align them on my buttons in sequence (F1, F2, F3, F4..). It feels more flexible.

Of course :) I keep them individually on my bar as well, this is more for when I'm the designated Hero (say, 10 man) and its at the start of a fight etc. I appreciate the feedbacks!

Well, maybe ele shamans do not use macros with Hero :)

Speaking personally (but keep in mind that ele is my offspec), in the 'Hero from the pull' situation, I cast Fire Elem and pre-pot before the pull, start to cast EB so it'll land right after the pull (but this is a bit tricky and cause 'oops' on mispulls), Flame Shock, Unleash Flame, Lava Burst (and somewhere between FS-UF-LB Hero is casted). And only after the first LB and if I didn't have Lava Surge proc, I cast Ascendance. So, as you can see, there is no place for a macro really.