FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Haedon

Death pact worth using?

So ive been running hc´s with some guildies and my druid healer complained alot that i got some sort of absorbs going so it was hard to top me off from time to time.

I had no idea untill i saw that death pact was absoring healing taken 15% of total health but last for 15 sec dunno about that tooltip, and it seems like u dont get the absorbd healing back after its done. So its a pretty dangerous cd to use, like i did below 20% health mostly then the absorb steals all the big heals and they are just gone and u end up dieing  :S changed to death siphon now and the dmg seem to be much smoother and the selfhealing lies arround 10-15k steady looking at skada only.

so the question is, is it worth dumping death pact for the other 2 since that absorb seems abit dangerous and u dont get the absorb healing back. 

i still stick with Dp becouse u just use it if ure about to die to buy some more time, and if u use a DS immediatly after u cut the Heal absorb in half, DP isnt a cooldown too use regular, but it can and will save ure live if u really drop low life

death pact is the best talent for one reason - it has no resource cost. Death siphon costs you runes and conversion burns your runic power. Death pact is a free heal that is pretty big. 

now you didn't say if you were tanking or dpsing. As a tank conversion can actually be pretty good under certain scenarios, but even then, death pact is still preferred. 

Death pact heals you for 50% but then gives you a negative shield for 25% of your hp. It's a strong cooldown to use when you actually need the healing, and it doesn't cost any resources. If the healer is having an issue overcoming the 25% negative shield then the issue is either their healing, or the amount of damage you're taking.

I need to do some testing with conversion. it may be a stronger choice now if the RP spent on conversion can contribute to blood tap charges. we'd sacrifice some dps, but get a massive constant amount of self healing if it does work that way.

Death pact heals you for 50% but then gives you a negative shield for 25% of your hp. It's a strong cooldown to use when you actually need the healing, and it doesn't cost any resources. If the healer is having an issue overcoming the 25% negative shield then the issue is either their healing, or the amount of damage you're taking.

I need to do some testing with conversion. it may be a stronger choice now if the RP spent on conversion can contribute to blood tap charges. we'd sacrifice some dps, but get a massive constant amount of self healing if it does work that way.

If all the rp is spent on conversion tho we'd lose the extra hp from shadows of death (assuming blood is being talked about)

That's a good point, but Blizzards design goal is supposed to be less spiky damage intake. If this is actually true when we get to raiding tomorrow then effective health is going to be far less important then mitigation and self healing.

Yeah forgott to mention im tanking :) but ive been running with death siphon now and it feels smoother atm, and using converison ive been thinking about trying with necrotic plague since u get a ton of rp then but thats only on trash when its alot tho.

The healer is a resto druid and if im taking big hits and using DP he struggles alot to top me off :S but will try some more and see what we can work out, but for now im rolling with siphon since it feels like it smooths things out and the RP isnt really an issue.

So conversion definitely can proc our tier 75 abilities. that's pretty awesome. it drains our RP really fast though, I'll have to do some more testing to figure out if it's worth it. Also it used to say on the tooltip for converion that only basic RP generation from spending runes could happen while conversion was up, but it doesn't say that anymore. If we can build RP with necrotic plague while using conversion, and then probably with runic corruption just to fully automate everything. We could get into some seriously OP constant self healing.

edit: did some testing, all RP generation counts, including hits against you during necrotic plague. conversion doesn't really heal for much. about 1/3 of a death strike per tick. so if you burn 90RP on it you get about 1 death strike worth of healing. it would only be worth if we had a lot of haste and massive amounts of RP generation. It's a neat idea though, maybe we can find a way to make it optimal over death coiling.

• Like 1

So conversion definitely can proc our tier 75 abilities. that's pretty awesome. it drains our RP really fast though, I'll have to do some more testing to figure out if it's worth it. Also it used to say on the tooltip for converion that only basic RP generation from spending runes could happen while conversion was up, but it doesn't say that anymore. If we can build RP with necrotic plague while using conversion, and then probably with runic corruption just to fully automate everything. We could get into some seriously OP constant self healing.

edit: did some testing, all RP generation counts, including hits against you during necrotic plague. conversion doesn't really heal for much. about 1/3 of a death strike per tick. so if you burn 90RP on it you get about 1 death strike worth of healing. it would only be worth if we had a lot of haste and massive amounts of RP generation. It's a neat idea though, maybe we can find a way to make it optimal over death coiling.

Meant to post earlier but naps grabbed me.

The viability of conversion comes down to only a very specific scenario - single tank boss encounters. By running your rotation you generate enough rune power to keep conversion going for awhile. Blood dks' previously took every other hit to the face and conversion would compensate for the times when blood shield wasn't up. It's very much the "imma solo everything" talent. The differentials come in for the fact that you have healers and now blood dks have a bit more ability to mitigate damage. However, necrotic plague does help keep conversion running. 

so tl'dr

conversion if you are going to single tank something, death pact otherwise.