FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
RakeRipGG

Question Regarding Advanced Hunter Play (pve)

We all know what priority arcane and multishot has in the survival dps rotation, but what priority does it have on the pull of a boss or when engaging a fresh pack of mobs? Maybe it should be of a higher priority then because i feel that you gain dps by having serpent sting that it applys starts ticking earlier than it would have normally. I know that not alot of people dont play survival but i hope anyone who knows or have done the math on it could tell me.

Edited by iHuntyou

We all know what priority arcane and multishot has in the survival dps rotation, but what priority does it have on the pull of a boss or when engaging a fresh pack of mobs? Maybe it should be of a higher priority then because i feel that you gain dps by having serpent sting that it applys starts ticking earlier than it would have normally. I know that not alot of people dont play survival but i hope anyone who knows or have done the math on it could tell me.

Black Arrow and Explosive Shot both hit much harder than Serpent Sting, so prioritizing SS over them is going to be a DPS loss.  This is especially true during trinket procs (i.e. at the start of the fight) where you want to get the most casts of Explosive Shot as possible, so BA and ES need to be your top priorities.

Heres the numbers for comparison:

BA: 440% AP over 20 sec (22% AP/sec), can proc LnL

ES: 46% AP per sec for 4 sec (46% AP/sec)

SS: 176% over 15 sec (12% AP/sec)

Better to lose 2-3 seconds on SS than to lose even one cast of ES.

What Atrais said works very well on a ST boss, but for a larger trash pack, using multi-shot on 2+ targets will out-do BA, and 4+ targets will out do ES, so using MS on trash packs ahead of BA is acceptable.  On 4+ targets, use one MS to get SS up on all targets, and then continue with ES/BA.