Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GhostFrag1

Pvp Class for a New PvPer?

4 posts in this topic

I have recently been on WoW and have been wanting to do PvP for a short while now. The only thing is I can't quite get my head around what class to try out for someone new? I want one that is fun and can deal a fair bit of damage so isn't too weak. I have been thinking Druid (druid also for maybe some soloing of raids) but then I start looking at other classes for PvP so I can't quite decide. Any help will be appreciated, thanks! 

All classes have some learning curve when it comes to doing your role. The Proving Grounds cover some of the aspects you will need in PvP like either CCing the Healer, or to focusing him down first.  You should play with the class you are most familiar with.

But doing PvP has its own learning curves aswell, for example the setup you are playing: Arena and Battleground.

In Arena you will not be rezz'ed by a spirit healer once you die, so die'ing is a huge penalty, and in Battlegrounds you will be rezz'ed by a spirit healer, so you can sacrifice yourself to be a decoy.

Also, keep in mind you are facing other players. For one: You will know that they can be one of the ~34 Spec+Class combinations. Knowing what each of these combinations can do (Major damage/defensive spells and Crowd Controls) is also part of the learning curve.

You should play with the class you are most familiar with.

I disagree with this. While it is true that focusing on one class, especially as a more casual player, is better than rolling a new character every 10 seconds when it comes to success in rated environments, it is not mandatory at all. Though this example does not apply here: What if the class you played for 4 seasons suddenly gets a class change in the new expansion and you stop to like it? Should you keep playing it, because you are most familiar with it? I think not.

In the end, it's important to have fun in PvP. Whether that fun constitutes liking the class and gameplay or climbing the ladder is another matter, but if you care about the former more than the latter, I'd suggest you watch some streams and see for yourself which class's gameplay you like most. After all, we can't make the choice for you. 

1 person likes this

There are two main choices : going melee or range. And i think that is purely down to style-preference. I prefer melee classes and among melee, having played paladin, warrior, rogue, and druid, I think warrior and paladin are easier and fairly survivable.

If you prefer to go range, I have limited experience but IMO, you can't go wrong by picking hunter.