FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

I think that your sever will end up with a bunch of level 1 characters whispering you for your WA strings.  Then, when they don't find you due to the time difference, there'll be several hits to google trying to see how many hours different it is, to get to you when you're online.

I hate to put the burden on you (per se) by suggesting, but it'll probably be easier for you, and certainly for everyone else interested (add me to that list) if you added your strings here.

I struggle mightily with my Demo spec, but damn, with that UI, even *I* think I'd have a chance.

Thank you for the videos, and the help.  They're truly appreciated.

Linking all my weakaura strings is tedious, I'd rather shift click in a line in whispers to someone. I suppose I can export my Gnosis, but ElvUI doesn't seem to have an export option, simply to "share profile" which only works with your target.

Personally I think building your own UI is an important part of being a raider and mastering your class / role. Taking an entire template of somebody who plays well and just using it, hoping to play just as well, will not work. You need to know why things are where they are. And your however many years of playing the game may have embedded such strong muscle memory into where you look at things / expect them to be that an alien UI can be near impossible to adapt to.

I dunno if there is a thread hovering around here about UIs or not. I think a place where we show each other how to create and tweak UIs rather than simply post what we have and give it away will help a lot more.

+ somewhere to post my sexy UI just for the sake of it would be nice

Edited by Oldtrout

In particular, I'm only interested in the Weak Aura strings.  I agree, it's something I can/should play with.  I'm usually quite adept at taking what I've been given, and seeing how it was built, and then changing it for myself.  In particular, I liked the timers and cooldown notifications, and those shouldn't be so hard to copy, since I already have some of those myself. 

If one desired to contact you in game, what time zone are you in so I can do the math from the Eastern US Time zone?

Elv UI Is great. I use that combined with Big Wigs and Weakauras plus a few other quality of life items and it seems to be working out really well. It was a great place to start  and provides a clean boilerplate for someone to build their UI off of.

My guild is currently working on Mythic Imperator and I'm trying out both destro and demo to feel which one is better for progression.  Going to state the obvious: Destro feels agile and quick to put damage on the big adds but overall doesn't hit very hard, while Demo hits like a truck as long as demonbolt burn phases line up right.  I haven't tried CR destro yet but it looks like it does quite well in Phase 4, but before that is really meh.

With Destro it feels like I can react to the fight but hit a lower damage cap, and as Demo I do amazing damage but it's hard to rein it into maximizing damage while the right adds are up.  I'm interested to find out what other locks who are 7/7M have found works best for them, as most of the Mythic Imp conversations were back before demonbolt buffs when going Destro was a no-brainer.  

Currently doing HC. Off to a good start with Beastlord despawning, not giving any gear<3 Demo feels good so far, did 41,5k on Flamebender, and 64k with cata on operator which gave Rank 1. Currently 7/10HC after a few hours and got 3set, with a Warforged head even!

Edited by Djargo

Holy cow, BRF is awesome! Ton of a place to pack a punch for each spec. 

We need BRF Warlock style thread thread as soon as possible!biggrin.png

Agreed. All of the bosses were really cool and well made except for Gruul. The most interesting thing about him was the new skin.

Ended up with 9/10 HC with 2set, without actually loosing ilvl (Warforged fk yea)

Had fun last night, we did 8/10H in group one and called it early, tomorrow will likely do group 2 where I'll be on my mage smile.png

Only real tricky boss was Blast Furnace and that was only getting people to treat the phase 2 adds like spine, first few pulls each one took two explosions to kill which resulted in a ton of elementals in last phase!

Ended the night with quite a few upgrades, including coining DUT + Socket and 3 set. Looking forward to 4 set for Demo very much, and hopefully Blackhand drops his trinket in group 1 as I have prio on it ^^.

Sitting at 17.5k Mastery and 1.1k Haste, having dropped a ton of Crit and Multistrike. I'd prefer to keep Haste and Crit balanced, but gotta make do with what you got.