FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

Highmaul Warlock Style - Normal, Heroic, & Mythic

Yeah Destro is a no brainer on Imperator. Far too many opportunities to snipe embers. I feel Demo should be given a better Fury return mechanic, it only ever reliably occurs on burst AoE.

Rain of Gul'dan.  Causes Chaotic Energy to rain from the sky.  Corrupts the target, generating 10 demonic fury on critical hits.

How much of a joke is Mythic Kargath Bladefist? I´ve seen guilds on wowprogress that didn´t managed/bothered to kill the Imperator but downed  the Bladefist.

How much of a joke is Mythic Kargath Bladefist? I´ve seen guilds on wowprogress that didn´t managed/bothered to kill the Imperator but downed  the Bladefist.

TONS of guilds skip Normal Imperator and do 2/7H.  It's rather funny.  I haven't seen anyone skip Heroic Imperator and do Mythic, but now I do.  We put in about 15 attempts on Heroic Imperator last night after having almost zero issues on the rest of the raid and got him to 20% - he's definitely harder than the rest but a great deal of fun, IMO. 

Mythic Kargath really isn't much different than Heroic.  There's some extra crap you have to do with kiting and dodging fire, but if you have a good arena team who can wipe out adds quickly, the fight becomes much like Heroic with some extra dodging.

Gear and a bit xp streamlines heroic imperator, after struggling for maybe 22 wipes and killing him the try later in the first id, we oneshot him this week. Average ilvl was just 2.5 level higher than the week before. Maybe group size matters more, since, as I already wrote in another thread, atleast normal Imperator seems kinda overtuned for smaller groups in regards of dps and healing requirements.

Our strategy from start until P3 includes a dedicated team to get rid of the stacking debuff outside of the range camp, so the rest only has to worry about the mines, i.e. make a step sideways every 20 sec.

Once you get safe into P4 and nobody gets too fuzzy with the nova(like rogues sprinting into ranges while strafing through it)

or orbs, it´s a safe kill.

Edited by Desos

Yep, thats us.  We only went 6/7H last week.  Was a little disheartened that we struggled so much on Imperator as it was clearly a player issue and not a gear issue.  Cleared out Normal on Tuesday, last night did Bladefist Mythic and then Cleared up to Imp on Heroic

He should die tonight, our gear has filled out nicely and our DPS meters much more well rounded.  With a better plan on positioning that looked like it worked well on Normal, we should be good to go.

A boomkin to send up top on Bladefist makes a HUGE difference!  They can AFK once up there, so long as they hit Starfall first.

Yeah, our group has only 9 attempts on it, and we got to Phase 4 twice.  I think we'll be successful tonight.  Our average ilvl is around 652, so it's just cleaning up mechanics.  Force Nova wiped us hard in Phase 4 because people forgot about the splash.  Mines were problematic early and then sporadic later, almost completely gone.  Just feels like we're just SLIGHLTY behind killing things on time - like killing the last Warmage while the first Mark of Chaos explosion is happening.  Just small DPS increases across the raid tonight and we should be ok.

@Zagam How does your group composition look like(number of people and number of healer, dps and tanks)?

We were sitting at 647 for avg ilvl for the first kill, but with 30 people ( 2 tanks, 7 healers, rest dps). I assume you did it with 20 people and so it seems like it´s really harder tuned for smaller groups.

@Soulzar
We positioned like this:
Boss is almost always in the middle of the room.

Range and healer camp start in front of the right pillar on the throne side, so that you have the mid of the room and the boss at the start in range.
We always dodge to the left and move in a clockwise manner through the room.
The camp consists of healer and range dps with two dps standing just  ca 10 yards behind(if you look from the middle of the room). If any range gets the stacking debuff, they would just give it to the 2 people standing in the back, who would circle through their and external cd´s to lower the damage, when the debuff falls off.

If you start at the right throne pillar and move clockwise, you should always have the boss in range, because he will move to the left entrance pillar inbetween P1 and P2 and when you start the first intermission, you should  be already near the second activation pillar. After Transition 1, we would start again at the right throne pillar and repeat everything. For second transmission, we pop lust and the ranges concentrate in the middle of the room and focus on the reaver, while the melee focus and interrupt one of the mages to relieve the healer while the small exploding adds get cleaved by tank and ranges. When the reaver is down, ranges help with the mages and spread across the room for P4.

20-22 people depending on who's there.  Trying to 5 heal.  Healers sound like they want a 6th pretty badly.  I think we can do it with 5 if people do mechanics correctly.  I don't want them getting used to adding a healer as a compensation for messing up.  We will be sub 20 tonight because of some people missing, so it should lessen some of the damage.  We'll see. 

I really wouldn't add a sixth healer. We did it with around 25 each time and 5 healed. We have an insane disc priest however who ends almost every fight with both full mana and top healing done, he carries our healing pretty hard.

Imperator is just a DPS check in the intermissions and then the final burn. Make sure people spread out in p4 after the adds are cleaned up and watch out for people getting hit by the orbs!

After the second intermission where you'r dealing with the two mages, the reaver, and the little adds (save your second DS for this phase) it's a cake walk. make sure everyone is spread out and it's an easy win.

This is the first fight that really tests your healers mana and it shows just how little overhealing blizzard is expecting people to have on mythic bosses. If they have very little overhealing and are still having mana problems then there is probably a mechanic that your dps or tanks are failing at and taking too much damage. even with 30 people you shouldn't have to have more than 5 healers imo. or maybe our healers are just badasses.

@Soulzar
We positioned like this:
Boss is almost always in the middle of the room.

Yeah, After the raid was over I spent the next day crawling WarcraftLogs.  The replay feature is absolutely amazing for stealing guilds positioning strats tongue.png

After about 4 logs from top parses it was pretty obvious that stacking ranged mid (who have to move already anyways) and moving the melee around the outside was not ideal.  We switched to Ranged on outer circle for our normal farm and it was miles better. Melee not moving helps the range have a fixed point of reference.. we were having a hard time with people not stacking tightly, making it virtually impossible for our debuff folks to get the buff out of the raid.Sometimes a mine would get dropped on the guy not stacked in behind us.. sometimes in front, sometimes a little to the left.... 

This fight is one of those fights where raid movement is key to keeping the playing field clear.  You can virtually map this fight out from start to finish, so long as players are where they are supposed to be.

Still think we need to tweak debuff management.  Everything I've seen shows two people just behind the stack group.  Melee pass to ranged who pass to debuff grp.  I have seen some just keep their debuff people at 13 yrds stationary and let the buff naturally fall off, and others have people running it out.

20-22 people depending on who's there.  Trying to 5 heal.  Healers sound like they want a 6th pretty badly.  I think we can do it with 5 if people do mechanics correctly.  I don't want them getting used to adding a healer as a compensation for messing up.  We will be sub 20 tonight because of some people missing, so it should lessen some of the damage.  We'll see. 

We tried that and quickly reverted.  For the most part, people were not dieing to lack of healing, but dieing to being at half health when a mouth breather steps ona mine.  An extra healer may help, but.. its not the solution.  As our raid leader said... "If we need to 6 heal Heroic, we wont be going very far in Mythic"

Edited by Soulzar

My guild just cleared normal mode. 

For Normal Mode Imperator, I found that DS+AV lines up pretty good with the rate at which the big elementals adds spawn. So what you want to do there is to use DS for every add and time its duration with the add's HP. The idea is to get of as 3 SB+Havoc as the add dies and before you get knocked back. 

Also, dont use the abyssal for dealing with the small adds on the last phase. He dies to easily. =/. The abyssal needs a self heal.

I think it's best to save your charge of AD for the second intermission phase when you get the reaver. I was using 2 minute Dark Soul and combining it with GoServ Doomguard and both trinkets (sandmans and copelands). This made for extremely high burst every 2 minutes and was always up during the intermission.

40 seconds of dark soul during second intermission (basically whole duration of bloodlust) is not to be sniffed at!

Also have some more PoV's from Kargath and Twin Ogron. Kargath was kind of lame due to us ignoring the favour mechanic almost completely, and Twin Ogron I feel I would have preferred to go with KJC, but was okish DPS anyway. Worst part is I was just refreshing DoT's way outside of Pandemic purely to do SOMETHING whilst moving. Thank god snapshotting is dead eh?!

• Like 3

My guild just cleared normal mode. 

For Normal Mode Imperator, I found that DS+AV lines up pretty good with the rate at which the big elementals adds spawn. So what you want to do there is to use DS for every add and time its duration with the add's HP. The idea is to get of as 3 SB+Havoc as the add dies and before you get knocked back. 

Also, dont use the abyssal for dealing with the small adds on the last phase. He dies to easily. =/. The abyssal needs a self heal.

Depending on the skill of the players around you, if everyone switches to the elemental adds, you don't have time to get off 3 Shadowburns.  As long as everyone is switching to the adds, Dark Soul is also less valuable here than during the transitions.  Transitions make and break this fight.  On Normal, it's more lenient, but on Heroic, you will find the transitions to be brutal.  

You could use the Abyssal for the small adds, but summoning him is a DPS loss.  Summoning back your Terrorguard would be another DPS loss.  Also, if he's dying, turn off his threat ability and his taunt.  He doesn't need a heal - he just needs properly managed.  The small adds in Phase 4 should easily be cleaved down by melee.

Thanks for the PoVs.  You got one bright ass smile, Liquid.  Also, dat Berserker Rage.  It pains me to watch some videos as a raid leader because I would have yelled "MOVE SHIZ" and still almost did that while watching here in the office lol

Was doing Twin Ogron as destro last night, seemed to me that glyph of havoc was a pretty big benefit on that fight. Without it, I felt like I needed to be using havoc on CD, which seemed to leave me a bit starved for embers during dark soul burn phase. With glyph of havoc and glyph of dark soul, the two double chaos bolts lined up really nicely with my trinkets and my dark soul. I don't know if it would be a dps increase on paper, but I found it smoothed out the fight a bit.

Edit: Also found this a nice way to line up havoc, DS and trinkets with KJC. 

Edited by zombiecurse

Was doing Twin Ogron as destro last night, seemed to me that glyph of havoc was a pretty big benefit on that fight. Without it, I felt like I needed to be using havoc on CD, which seemed to leave me a bit starved for embers during dark soul burn phase. With glyph of havoc and glyph of dark soul, the two double chaos bolts lined up really nicely with my trinkets and my dark soul. I don't know if it would be a dps increase on paper, but I found it smoothed out the fight a bit.

Edit: Also found this a nice way to line up havoc, DS and trinkets with KJC. 

Yeah use this for the DS/trinket lineup for extra burst.  First thing I did after seeing it was a multitarget fight.

Posted in the aff thread, I'll post it here too. By all accounts, Sandman's Pouch is no longer proccing off of dots. Haunt prcs it, that seems like that's it.

Posted in the aff thread, I'll post it here too. By all accounts, Sandman's Pouch is no longer proccing off of dots. Haunt prcs it, that seems like that's it.

Posted in the Aff thread, this information is wrong. Going through logs and living testing now I'm getting the DMF proc from DoTs.